Thursday, December 31, 2020

Toxic Bar Owner Gets Outed By Employee To The Tune Of $50,000


This bar owner sounds like they were an absolute nightmare to be around. Not only were they walking around with a complete disregard for how one is supposed to legally run a bar, but they eventually fired an employee over a whole load of BS. Fortunately, the employee kept their wits about them, and ended up getting the bar shut down, due to all the BS that was occurring. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/melindee • 8h + JOIN Revenge to the tune of $50000+ on owner who wrongfully fired me This is a lengthy story that happened to me (F) around 6 years ago. I applied for a job as a bar manager at a new restobar that opened up in my area (Ontario, Canada). The "owner" of this bar had some issues with her liquor license being revoked at a previous establishment, and there was some sort of stipulation (this part l'm not clear on) where she was required to:

2.

Text - not be on site or involved in the business in any capacity for any reason (she was a Prohibited Person, and I believe she made her husband the owner on paper -- but for this story, she is referred to as the "owner") hire a manager with 5+ years experience and a Smart Serve certificate to run and be responsible for the bar

3.

Text - in order to get another liquor license. After a short interview process, I was offered the job, and was told of these terms. I accepted them despite the already apparent red flags (I was a very poor student). When the restaurant/bar opened, everything quickly fell apart. Despite the "owner" not being allowed to be on premises, she proceeded to micromanage both the kitchen and front of house. She stopped scheduling kitchen staff to save money, and was working in the kitchen herself. Food q

4.

Text - More hours got cut. Waitresses and kitchen staff were let go. The owner was now drinking at the bar, and at the same time was waitressing and cooking. This was all in the matter of a month.

5.

Text - One night that month, it was exceptionally nice out, and we had a lot of boaters in the area. We had a pier near the bar where boats could dock and walk into the restaurant. A large group had walked in on this night, and they were both very clearly underage and very clearly overintoxicated. I immediately cut them off, to which they made a very large stink about it, enough that the owner's husband came over to ask what happened. I explained that had cut the group off and wasn't going to se

6.

Text - The next day, the "owner" pulled me into the office, and accused me of stealing $50 out of the till the night previous. I knew this to be a lie, a lie that could be easily disproven because there is a camera located directly above the till that is synced to the time code on the POS. I was fired on the spot. I 100% believed this was because I was refusing to serve "customers" and thereby damaging their bottom line. I was really miffed to be accused of doing something I didn't do, and more

7.

Text - Because the stipulation of her having her liquor license was me working at the bar as manager, I emailed the liquor control board when I got home and informed them of the rules being broken at the bar. A liquor inspector came to meet me later that week, and took a statement. He then paid a surprise visit to the bar and was able to witness all of the things that I informed him (including the "owner" both being on site and being involved in the business, serving minors, and serving intoxica

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment