Thursday, December 31, 2020

Things That Seem Hard but are Actually Pretty Easy


Some things seem incomprehensible if you don't have a background in them, but just giving it 30 minutes of effort or following directions makes a lot of things surprisingly easy. If this made you feel even slightly motivated, here are life hacks and tips for becoming a slightly more effective person.

1.

Text - H_Hardwick 60 points · 5 hours ago Solving 90% of IT problems. It mostly just equates to googling the issue and using solutions people who have came before have came up with. That last 10% is the tricky part though.

2.

Text - canceledthrowaway 88 points · 11 hours ago Sharpening a knife with a whetstone Yeah it takes a little bit of finesse to do, but if you passed middle school geometry and remember a basic understanding of what a right angle is and how to cut that in half, you'll have sharp knives again in no time

3.

Text - 3 S 11 spottydodgy 35.2k points · 13 hours ago O Fuck up your entire life.

4.

Text - deepfriedlies 24.2k points · 14 hours ago Using a PC. I've worked in a training capacity before and I found that most people's problems are not the difficulty, but rather being intimidated and feeling overwhelmed. Especially if you're a bit older and are just now sitting down to learn how to use one. Much like many things, if you take it slow - it's not bad. Once you get the hang of things, it seems silly to have stressed out about it. warmcopies 14.1k points · 10 hours ago 6 32 Yup. One

5.

Text - Valiantlycaustic 22.4k points · 11 hours ago 3 Basic sewing. Things like simple hemming, sewing buttons are easy to learn and will make your life easier. If you keep learning, it's amazing to be able to fit your own clothes.

6.

Text - whereegosdare84 18.6k points · 14 hours ago Baking. Can you follow a recipe? Can you measure? Can you time things with a clock? Then you can bake. Not saying it doesn't take a tremendous amount of skill to become a great baker but to make things like cookies or cakes that aren't from a mix, it's not that complicated yet everyone is amazed when you do it.

7.

Text - MagratMakeTheTea 11.4k points · 12 hours ago Crochet. It's just pulling loops through other loops in various combinations.

8.

Text - Nwsamurai 9.9k points · 14 hours ago Origami paper cranes Miriyl 7.0k points - 10 hours ago G It's a tradition here to have 1,000 cranes folded for weddings. (They're often done in gold foil, framed, and mounted.) My parents never did, so I decided to fold them for Christmas one year. By the time I was finished, I figured that I could probably fold one with both hands behind my back. So I tried it. Yes, I can.

9.

Text - riotacting 9.3k points · 13 hours ago Excel. If you can use basic logic, and know a couple of powerful formulas (if, index/match, sum, etc.), You can perform literal magic in the eyes of your coworkers.

10.

Text - SCP-867-5309 8.9k points · 14 hours ago Picking a standard pin-and-tumbler lock.

11.

Text - Narutophanfan1 8.5k points · 14 hours ago S Apparently using your turns signals

12.

Text - 20110719_ 7.3k points · 14 hours ago Tying a tie.

13.

Text - PrincePryda 5.9k points · 13 hours ago S Solving a rubiks cube. I don't know who gave me my first 3x3 cube, but I remember being in the 6th grade watching youtube videos on how to solve them. Once I understood how the algorithms worked, it was just a matter of memorizing them. Once you memorize them - it's game over. I remember showing all my friends how I could solve it with my eyes closed - they were shocked, as were my parents. The more impressed they became, the more worried I was tha

14.

Text - MemerDude34 5.4k points · 14 hours ago Driving stick, easiest thing ever once you're used to it

15.

Text - scamper1266 4.9k points · 12 hours ago Shuffling a deck of cards

16.

Text - hercarmstrong 4.9k points · 13 hours ago 3 Replacing parts on modern appliances such as dishwashers and clothes washers. 90% of them are plug and play. if you know what the problem is, you can figure out what part you need from the 'net, order it online, and replace it yourself with minimal effort. Save yourself hundreds of dollars, and feel like a boss.

17.

Text - _tokyojoe 4.4k points · 14 hours ago When I was young I tried to spin a ball on my finger and couldn't do it. So I tried again and again. And within an hour I pretty much figured it out.

18.

Text - vaaderrr 2.1k points · 13 hours ago Building computers. It's just adult Lego's.

19.

Text - maximumovarize 1.0k points · 12 hours ago Active listening. It's just listening to what people say to you and asking questions. You don't even have to ask hard questions. Sometimes you can just say something like "wow, that seems _" and it validates how they're feeling and makes them feel like you care. Because trust me, even the most oblivious of people tend to notice when people's eyes glaze over, even if they don't call you on it.

20.

Text - linzerlue 797 points · 12 hours ago Runing a pre programmed light board for theatre plays. Its hitting one button over and over on cue.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment