Saturday, September 26, 2020

Staff Makes Student Patiently Wait to Report Fire


The hierarchy of school can be strange, especially when there's some miscommunication going on between staff and students. In this case, the staff didn't understand the full scope of what was going on, and had themselves an absurd situation on their hands. Here's a tumblr story of a teacher who underestimated their students in a social experiment, and here are some "that's amazing, but please stop" school stories.

1.

Text - O r/MaliciousCompliance - Posted by u/ArmyMPSides 12 days ago Shut down while trying to report a fire at my high school oc S When I was a senior back in high school in Middle Tennessee, we had a smoking area for the students. This was 1990, so yeah, I'm old. My daughters actually just asked me to post this story here. Anyway, so I was a good student and had a great reputation among the faculty at this school of about 2000 students.

2.

Text - During class, I am running an errand for a teacher when I walk by the smoking area. It is outside of course, but it is against one of the buildings and has a roof over it like a carport. There is a large metal trash can in the middle. And it is on FIRE. Not a rip-roaring fire, but is on fire nonetheless. We have flames starting to work there way out of there and plenty of smoke. I decide I don't need to pull a fire alarm, but clearly I need to get a staff member to put this fire out. Ther

3.

Text - And that's when the Assistant Principal rounds the corner behind Ms. Knight while ripping into me about how we wait our turn in here and how I am being disrespectful and loud and I need to stand there and wait until I am called forward. "Okay" And then I just stood there while Ms. Knight kept helping the other student as Mr. Evil Assistant Principal stood overwatch in the corner like a bouncer.

4.

Text - Finally after a few minutes, it was my turn. I calmly walked up to the counter and said, "Ms. Knight, the large trash can in the smoking area is on fire". The Asst. Principal yells out "WHAT?!?" and then burst out of the room while Ms. Knight just gasped. I calmly turned around and walked out, and went back to class. 15 S 1 7 3 4 8 LO

5.

Text - Diggingcanyons 4.0k points · 12 days ago so did they learn their lesson? or were they the type to never admit fault? ArmyMPSides 3.8k points · 12 days ago Nothing was ever said to me about this event by any staff member. ACanOfVanillaCoke 2.1k points · 12 days ago • Guarantee that Ms. Knight remembered that encounter.

Submitted by:

Tagged: school , wtf , fire , lol , story , report , funny

No comments:

Post a Comment