Saturday, September 26, 2020

People's Laziest Moments


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the laziest things that people have ever done. At the very least these moments when people embraced their inner sloth will make you feel better about the time that you might've been so lazy, you just didn't eat. At most, they might leave you feeling inspired to see how much lazier you can be in a world that insists on perpetual hustle, getting on the grind, participating in the rat race, etc. 

Check out a truly historical lazy moment with this story about the naval officer that displayed an act of bold yet lazy genius.

1.

Text - Daft-CJ • 18h 1 Award Didn't want to make lunch, so I just... didn't eat. Reply 1 2.4k ...

2.

Text - frownface84 • 15h 2 Awards When i was about 7 or 8, i had a small piece of paper (think it was a candy wrapper) which i had to discard. I was too lazy to walk to the kitchen to throw it into the bin so I ate it. Reply 810

3.

Text - stickyWithWhiskey • 18h 2 Awards I once put instructions to go to the right side of the house and deliver a pizza to the first window (my bedroom). I didn't feel like walking to the front of the house to get my pizza. Driver obliged, and got a very nice tip. Reply 1.4k

4.

Text - lostmyaccountsoyeah • 16h I never like to go to bed without brushing and flossing my teeth. However, I despise the actual process of brushing and flossing even though it takes all of a few minutes. And so the number of times in the past that I've stayed up several hours later than I meant to just because I didn't feel like taking a few minutes to brush and floss is just sad. (I don't really do this so much anymore though. I till hate it but I just kinda just grit my teeth and go for it so

5.

Text - OffshoreTaxWankersFC • 17h Waiting six months instead of changing the clocks for daylight savings. Reply 465 ...

6.

Text - writergeek a• 14h I got a membership but only to sit in the hot tub. I bring just a little wine in an insulated water bottle. Great way to unwind especially in winter. Reply 1 117 ...

7.

Text - dafaqisgoingondud • 18h When I was younger I was a real brat (15ish) and asked my mum to bring me crackers. Clearly I was too lazy to get off my arse and get it myself. A few minutes later I tried to shut my door but couldn't reach it with my hands so I kicked it with my feet. Unbeknownst to me my mum was waking in with the crackers at that exact moment and slammed the door into her and the crackers. God l'm an awful person Reply 504 ...

8.

Text - YellowStar012 • 17h My dad was infamous for this but I learned a lot of Latino dads did this. I would be in my room and he would call for me like if he's getting attacked. When I meet him in the living room, he would ask me to hand him the remote...that's on the same couch.....a little more than arm's reach.

9.

Text - pifor • 13h When I heat something up in the microwave, for say, a minute, I never enter 1:00 because I don't want to move my finger over to the zero it's always 1:11. Or like 33 seconds rather than 30... don't want to wear out my microwave finger. Reply 120 ...

10.

Text - zomboromcom • 17h I've definitely spent some hours playing a video game I wasn't really in the mood to play because that was the disc that was in the console. But my SO has me beat: she will avoid taking a juice glass from the cupboard if there is no single, unstacked glass available. I'm impressed by that level of laziness. Reply 39 ...

11.

Text - marques33 • 17h Brother: "Hey, I gotta tell you something." I come to his room. Brother: "Turn off the light please." Reply 239 ...

12.

Text - Daerys82 • 16h My wife once asked me to come do something. I said I can't. She asked why not. Isaid "I'm sittin..." Reply 108 ...

13.

Text - zarina112 • 17h 2 Awards Used to have one of those 'clap on, clap off' lights in my room. I hated clapping so I just made an audio recording of me clapping and mapped it to one of the programmable keys on my keyboard. Reply 997 ...

14.

Text - Live in the same building as a pharmacy but I was to lazy to go the store so i ordered it home. Had to wait two days for some magnesium that i could have gotten in less than 5 minutes. Reply 16 ...

15.

Text - Hamburglarsdad • 15h I use fast travel in video games because I don't want to walk all the way back. Reply 14 ...

16.

Text - Aran909 • 15h Texting my wife to come to the bedroom to grab my cup and take it all the way back through the house to fill it. I really do love her. She's done it more than once. Reply 14 ...

17.

Text - evelynmtz821 • 15h Purchased a movie that was on Netflix because I didn't wanna get up and turn on the TV (don't have Netflix on my phone) Reply 35 ...

18.

Text - blackday44 • 13h I am an avid reader and own a lot of books. But I have, on several occasions, downloaded a book to my computer so I wouldn't have to walk to my library room. Reply 3

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment