Sunday, January 10, 2021

Entitled Stepfamily Plays Holiday Manipulation Game, Revenge Ensues


It sounds like this entitled family got exactly what they deserved. Nothing quite brings the blood to a boil like a whole bunch of toxic manipulation. This family was certainly laying that on real thick. Gifts can really end up being their own kind of weapon. If you're looking for more juicy holiday content check out some of the most ridiculous requests that mall Santas received

1.

Blue - r/ProRevenge u/EisForElbowsmash • 20h + Join 8 e 5 3 6 B 6 Mess with my christmas? Pardon me as I ruin yours I posted this in r/entitledparents and it was suggested that you might enjoy it here. I have edited it slightly to comply with the rule 9 for this sub, enjoy. TL:DR at end. This slow burn starts a full year and a half before my plan came into effect. Earlier in the year, my Dad quite sensibly suggested that with the size of our family Christmas party, we skip a generation with gift

2.

Text - Me - 28 year old (at the time) heavyweight mixed martial artist and strength coach AKA small time athlete working a day job to barely make rent in addition to training full time. Martha - Stepsister - 40ish, an aging mombie who's only assets are starting to sag too much for them to be assets anymore, leaving her with no other definable personality traits Jane - My oldest Niece 12, Stepsister's Daughter, imagine the most vapid tweenager stereotype you can and multiply it by 1000

3.

Text - Tim - My Oldest Nephew 9, Stepsister's Son, living proof that you're never to young to be an asshole Robert - Stepbrother - 36 Formerly cool dude who gave up on life when his kids were born, years later would gain back enough willpower and gumption to physically assault his wife Tammy - 6 Bro's daughter - Sweet and shy girl, terrified by my mere presence, the wisest of the bunch IMHO Bubba - 7 Bro's son - A generally nice kid who at this time was partway into evolving into an asshole afte

4.

Text - Tammy has brought a Nintendo DS and all the kids are struggling to see/play it together, so I foolishly offer to loan them mine to lighten the load. Tammy agrees to share with Jane, and Bubba agrees to share with Tim. Having stupidly deprived myself of my means to escape social obligations, I go to the living room to acquire that much older cure for not wanting to deal with other people; alcohol. Not even having had time to pour a dram, my trained ear picks up from the kids room the unmis

5.

Text - I shout for Martha, informing her that if she doesn't get in here to break things up before I count to 10, I would have a stern conversation with them. She turns up and separates the kids and I retrieve my DS. Instead of giving Tim a lesson on sharing and not hitting people, she proceeds to berate Bubba (the kid who was beaten) for not simply giving up the DS to her little piece of shit and making her son look bad. Jane simply lets out a tweenage sigh for the ages, and tosses the other DS

6.

Text - Robert - Hey Elbowsmash, while I really appreciated the gifts last year, you should really get something for the kids this year instead, Christmas is all about the chiillldlrreeeeen after all. Me - No, I turn up to chat with you and dad and Oma, I really don't give two shits about the kids. Robert - That's a mean thing to say about my kids, don't you care about them? Me - You cared about them so much that at the last party, you couldn't be bothered to break up a fight where your son was b

7.

Text - Me - He was literally beating your child. You didn't put pics on social media for a week because of the bruises. If thing 1 were an adult and had that kind of bad day, l'd have had a stern conversation with him and convinced him peacefully to lay on the floor until the police arrived. Robert - Well Stepsis and I were talking and we think you should buy stuff for the kids next year instead of us. Me - Well l'm happy not to buy you anything, but I'm not getting crap for the Martha's little

8.

Text - Me - Done Now l'm sure they wish it has been this simple, but unfortunately it wasn't and I certainly wouldn't have written such a long winded story if that were the payoff. Thanks for bearing with me so far, we're almost at the end. A few months later, about 2 weeks before xmas, I get an email form my dad with links to various toys (mostly from toys r us, which still existed at the time). When I call him back to ask what that's all about, this conversation ensues. Me: Hey whatsup? I got

9.

Text - Me: I don't buy for that generation remember? And I already sent you my contribution to Oma's cruise Dad: You need to get stuff for the kids, don't you want them to look up to you as an uncle? Me: Not really. Also what part of my life suggests to you that they ought to look up to me as any sort of role model? You'd be better of telling them to grow up to be rockstars. Dad: Not the point, christmas is about the chiildreeeeennnnnnn, if you don't get them this stuff, I won't put your name on

10.

Text - Dad: Will you get the stuff or not? Me: Well guess my name isn't going on the card then, this will cost me more than a month's rent, so you can take this list and grease it up real nice... Dad (Interrupting): Calm your jets, this is what they want. Me: I'll get them a token something but l'm not taking out a loan. Dad: Fine, just make it something they enjoy Me: If what I get doesn't put a giant smile on each and every one of their faces, I'll buy you dinner at a steakhouse of your choosi

11.

Text - So, Christmas rolls around and my wife and I have bought not just 1, but 4 gifts for each of the little ones, and wrapped them all beautifully. My dad (correctly) assumes its all probably from the dollar store, but it's nicely wrapped and he gives me a look of approval as I place it under the tree. My wife and I schmooze for a bit and then suggest that since we brought a several gifts for each of the kids, why don't they open one each before dinner so they have something to do while they

12.

Text - Less than 1 minute later, the first blast from the airhorn (Tim's gift) can be heard in the hallway clearly be my wife and I as we make our way to the elevator. I have no idea how much of the bulk pack of silly string (Tammy's gift) or the 36 rainbow pack of off brand sharpies (Bubba's gift) ended up on he walls, but I do know they repainted the place the next month. Whether or not the pile of slap on bracelets we got for Jane ended up on the wrists and legs of the parents as they tried t

13.

Text - I may never know if they opened the rest of their presents (everyone got a copy of each of the other's gifts, you know, for fairness, plus a bunch of gross and mildly inappropriate temporary tattoos). In the confusion none of them noticed either me or my wife leaving. I'm certain at some point they did notice the pretty gold envelope addressed to "The parents" on the tree. Inside was a very pretty card, blank but for the following note: "This was a warning shot from off the top of my head

14.

Text - I never bought anyone steak dinner, however I enjoyed several more Christmas's with my Oma and Dad until they passed and I stopped seeing that side of the family at all. No mention of this incident, or gifts for the kids was ever made again. TL:DR - Entitled stepfamily manipulate my dad into coercing me into buying each of their crotch goblins gifts even though I'm not supposed to buy for that generation. They get what they fucking deserve (what they deserve being airhorns, a 36 multicolo

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment