Saturday, December 12, 2020

Times People Didn't Recognize Tony Hawk


Apparently there are a whole lot of people in this world that just don't recognize Tony Hawk when he's out in the wild. It must be somewhat nice for him; he doesn't have to deal with rabid fans storming his presence when he's out and about. But, he also has to deal with the occasional observer who thinks they know him from somewhere, but can't quite place it. At least Tony Hawk's a good sport about it. 

1.

Text - Tony Hawk O @tonyhawk TSA agent (checking my ID): "Hawk, like that skateboarder Tony Hawk!" Me: exactly Her: "Cool, I wonder what he's up to these days" Me: this 22/3/17, 9:02 am from Anchorage, AK 37.2K RETWEETS 107K LIKES

2.

Text - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk Woman on plane retrieving her luggage in the overhead: "Who's skateboard is this? It's blocking my bag" me: that's mine, you can pass it here her: "It's yours? You ride it? me: yes her: "Are you any good at it?" me: sometimes her: cackles maniacally, exits plane 9:13 PM - 15 Apr 2018

3.

Text - Tony Hawk O Follow @tonyhawk Woman on plane: "You look like Tony Hawk!" Me: Is that good? Her: "Well... he's that skateboard guy." <== insert response here, I had none.

4.

Text - tonyhawk O 11h 34133 likes tonyhawk Woman seated in front of me rudely cut me off while boarding because she assumed I wasn't in first class. Then she watched me in Parental Guidance. #paybacksbitchy view all 1148 comments MemeBlender.com

5.

Text - Tony Hawk @tonyhawk Ticket agent: "Anthony Frank Hawk, are you related to the skateboarder?" Yes, that's me. "Well he doesn't normally go by Anthony Frank." 7:30 AM - Jul 22, 2010 O 3,244 Q 487 people are talking about this

6.

Text - Tony Hawk O @tonyhawk · 22h guy on escalator: Hey are you Tony Hawk? me: yes him: you still skate? me: yes, quite often him: but you're not that recognizable! me: I'm not sure what that means. but you recognized me, so here we are him: [blank stare] - escalator ends - 189 t7 3.7K 24K

7.

Text - Tony Hawk Follow @tonyhawk girl at restaurant: "Are you Tony Hawk?" me: "Yes." her: "Why?" I had no idea how to answer. 6:02 PM - 26 Oct 2009

8.

Text - Tony Hawk O Follow @tonyhawk guy at restaurant: "you famous?" me: I think that depends on who you ask him: "anyone ever tell you that you look like Tom Brady?" me: never

9.

Text - Tony Hawk Follow @tonyhawk Security guard at Pier 54: "Can I help you?" Me: I'm here to skate; I'm TH. Him: "you're too young to be TH." Me: you are hired forever.

10.

Text - Tony Hawk Follow @tonyhawk Woman at airport: "My husband told me you're an awesome something something. Are you?" Me: "Yes, in fact it's the title on my business card"

11.

Text - Tony Hawk O @tonyhawk Flight attendant checking overhead bins, sees four skateboards Him, jokingly: "is Tony Hawk on this flight or something?" Looks down, sees me Him: "I guess he is" ???? 14/7/18, 8:31 am 5,027 Retweets 21.4K Likes

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment