Saturday, December 12, 2020

Girlfriend Gets Fed Up With Boyfriend's Gaming, Cuts Him Off


Man, we've seen our fair share of lovers' quarrels, and this one is certainly full of its own kind of ridiculous behavior. We have a boyfriend who seems like he's completely hooked on the gaming, and won't stop no matter what he hears. The girlfriend in question asks the folks of Reddit whether or not she's in the wrong for cutting him off like she did. Seems like she had no other choice. 

1.

Text - AITA for telling my BF that if he doesnt go to work, hes no longer using ANYTHING of mine (including my car AND wifi)? Not the A-hole 28f/29m been together for like 4 years I think. I love this guy to death but when I say he is lazy, that is seriously a huge fucking understatement and doesnt even shed an ounce of light on the actual problem. Hes also a gaming junkie-like the worst of their kind. For example, when a game is being released, he waits up until midnight to purchase the game (n

2.

Text - Anyways, a year and a half ago I had to give him an ultimatum. You either get a fucking job and start supporting yourself OR you can leave and go mooch off someone else. He chose to get a job. Lasted a month before he quit. Found another job 2 months later, lasted 2 weeks and quit. He was unemployed for 11 months when he finally landed this job in September. Assassins Creed was just released, what, 2 weeks ago and he started calling out every. single. day. Started staying up until 4am pla

3.

Text - Yesterday I unplugged and hid his xbox. I knew he was going to call out and jump on his game. As I suspected, that's exactly what he tried doing. He picked a fight with me. Said he hated working and I was forcing him to waste away his life. Claimed he was depressed, though that's the first l've heard of it. He then tells me to get off my lazy ass and do something for once. I told him to leave. He takes my car because his is "on its last leg"- his words. Hes not in work clothes so I know h

4.

Text - Shaking-Cliches • 7d • Partassipant [1] 10 Awards You seem like you're looking for permission to dump him. Do it. You have all our permission. Spending four years on this shitshow does NOT mean you have to spend any more. He doesn't respect you. He doesn't help with chores because he doesn't want to. He doesn't help financially because he doesn't want to. I don't care how funny he is or how good he is in bed when he's not glued to a console. Does he have a sibling you can talk to, or mayb

5.

Text - TheBrassDancer • 7d • Partassipant [2] NTA. Why are you with this guy? It sounds more like you are mothering a child rather than being an equal partner in a relationship. Your boyfriend has an addiction if he's depriving himself of sleep to play games constantly. You could tell him that he needs to seek therapy or leave, but you've already issued a similar ultimatum once. He blew his one chance. Don't continue to let him freeload off you. 7.4k ...

6.

Text - bonniebluest • 7d • Certified Proctologist [25] 6 Awards NTA but girl... Follow through with that ultimatum... He's lazy and never going to change 30.9k ...

7.

Text - SPTraininglnsight • 7d Oh good Gods. INFO: Were your previous partners similar to him? Are you usually the one who tends to give more than she gets in a relationship? 314 3 ...

8.

Text - angelique_t • 7d • Asshole Enthusiast [9] 3 Awards NTA clearly but I want to clarify something: you ARE acting like his mother. EStop doing this to yourself, you said yourself you aren't his mother so stop acting like it. Even if you don't cook every meal or do every single chore you are babying him. You shouldn't have to hide the Xbox of a grown ass man for him to understand he needs to go to work- he needs to learn control by himself. Whether you see it or not, you are treating him like

9.

Text - dirtyworkoutclothes • 7d NTA. What does this guy bring to your life? I couldn't even get past the first paragraph. This is a grown ass man. You described the lives of 14 year old boys that were in my classes. Throw out the boy and get a man. He can live in a tent made out of the red flags he dropped. ► 3.9k ...

10.

Text - OboesHay • 7d • Asshole Aficionado [12] 29 Awards YTA to yourself for still being in this relationship. 11.0k ...

11.

Text - jenisright • 7d NTA. Dump him immediately. 334 ...

12.

Text - Unlucky-Profession41 • 7d • Asshole Aficionado [17] NTA but how do you cope with the back pain from carrying this whole damn relationship? Giving him an ultimatum verbally solves nothing, will solve nothing and will only continue to saddle you with being a mothering partner in the future. He's BEEN CHOOSING OP. With his actions he's already been telling you what he wants from your relationship and from his life; a mother and a caretaker while he lives to his fullest mooch potential. 157 .

13.

Text - Chaij2606 • 7d • Asshole Enthusiast [7] NTA, But: Do you want to live like this forever? What kind of future do the two of you want, like kids at one poinr? Because: You will not change him. Nothing against gaming at all, actually just send my hubby up to do this so i have an hour or three for myself ;) but this is not ok. 202 ...

14.

Text - ollyator • 7d • Colo-rectal Surgeon [49] NTA. You needed to dump him 4 years ago. You're not dating a man, you're dating a child and worse, you've been enabling him for years. 107 ...

15.

Text - SayHiToYourDog4Me • 7d • Asshole Aficionado [10] Nta... dump him unless you're ok with having this same fight when you're 40. He is not going to change. promise you there is someone else out there that will love you as much as this dude AND will contribute to the household. You deserve a partner, not a dependent. 37 ...

16.

Text - borschtgoddess • 7d • Partassipant [2] NTA. He has a chronic issue of laziness, as well as being generally disrespectful to you. It doesn't sound like you have a partnership, you have a parasite with an addiction to gaming. There are times when my SO has been unemployed before and he spent that time always looking for work, applying daily, and cleaning and cooking while I worked. Having a gap in employment is not an issue by itself, shit happens. But he is expecting you to carry the whole

17.

Text - Limp2myLoom • 7d • Partassipant [2] NTA - I can fully understand your frustration. My ex was similar (though he worked). Every spare minute was spent sleeping or gaming. You need to stand by what you said. It's not fair on you. 11 3 ...

18.

Text - Flight-Control • 7d NTA, you ever heard love alone isn't enough for a long term relationship? kick.him.out 11 ...

19.

Text - MOMonster1134 • 6d I wasted 6 years on a man like this. Love wasn't enough. I needed a best friend and life partner. It was so hard at first cause I loved him to death. But I was so lonely. I freed myself that day. I focused on me and my hobbies and my passions and one day I walk into a store and there is my now husband. It was like he was there waiting for me, because I loved me first. Our son will be 10 in April. My heart is bursting thinking of when he comes home from work today and I

20.

Text - Claw_- • 7d NTA. Well, he's a huge asshole. His behaviour isn't normal and he should realise he needs to support himself and not use you. I know you said you love him, but do you want to be in a relationship with him acting like a child and says you're the one in the wrong for acting like an adult? My friend was in a similar situation. Dude was constantly ignoring her because he played around 18 hours a day and though he could make money from twitch/youtube. (He had like 30 subscribers).

21.

Text - davesnothereman84 • 7d NTA but he has a lot of growing up to do. Video games are fun and all, but it's hardly the most important thing. But instead of threatening to take away his toys like a parent would, tell him something has got to change or he can crash with his friends for awhile. Or something? 15 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment