Saturday, December 12, 2020

Karen Demands Fellow Customer's Cart, They Don't Back Down


Employees find themselves having to constantly give in to demands of obnoxious Karens, but customers don't have to abide by such niceties. That's why when a Karen finds themselves battling with a customer, they usually get a taste of deserved resistance. For a total loss on the part of a Karen, here's a salon Karen who argued her way into a new Karen haircut.

1.

Text - Posted by u/happymancry 21 hours ago 2 2 15 * 2 11 e11 S 12 E 10 a 9 3 Grocery store Karen needs that cart wiped down NOW! L Ever since COVID, I've been really careful going to the grocery store - mask, gloves, full length clothing, the works. Back in April-May our local QFC used to have workers to spray and wipe down carts; but after a few months they stopped, and now there are self- serve wipes available for all customers to disinfect their cart if they want. Well, apparently some peopl

2.

Text - Multiple times now, someone has mistaken me for an employee while I'm wiping my cart. "Can you do this one next?" or "Are these clean?", but then they look closer at me and apologize. Usually I brush it off with a laugh (living in a predominantly white neighborhood as a PoC gives you a thick skin). Until today. First, while I'm wiping down, there's a sudden yank on the cart and it hits my arm. I look up to see a middle-aged lady trying to pull away with my cart. Mask below her chin. Out o

3.

Text - Me: "Excuse me, what are you doing?" K: (no response. Yanks again.) Me: “"Let go please" K: (no more yanking but doesn't let go either) After a 10 second staring contest... K: (whiny high pitched) "I need a clean cart" Me: "Then get one yourself" K: "I'm in a hurry." Me: "There are wipes right behind you." K: (long pause) "Well can't you clean another one?" Me: "I don't work here." K: (angry stare, not letting go) “I need this one NOW." At this point the cart is no longer clean, but damn

4.

Text - Me: "Fuck off lady. Step away from my cart and go get your own. And put that mask back on!" She finally lets go by pushing the cart back towards me; grabs another one and loudly complains all the way into the store. Later I see her getting stopped by the manager(?) and arguing about keeping her mask on. As a conflict averse person I felt really proud of standing my ground, and had to post this here as soon as I got home!

5.

Text - tigolebitties4u 910 points · 21 hours ago I completely agree with your POV in this situation. So many people just don't care anymore, about anything. It is the Veruca Salt mindset of, "but I want it NOW!" Not that things haven't often been that way but so much more so since the onset of the pandemic. Nothing is ever as important as what "I" need in this exact moment. So, kudos to you for not giving in, and for not entirely losing your temper when I'm sure it was quite tempting to do so.

6.

Text - AverageHoarder 292 points · 21 hours ago You leveled up, good for you. happymancry 247 points · 21 hours ago Thanks! My heart was racing in the moment (and after) but now I'm feeling happy. It's the opposite of the usual (took the "high road" but later felt mistreated) feeling.

Submitted by:

Tagged: customers , awesome , lol , story , store , karen , win

No comments:

Post a Comment