Saturday, December 12, 2020

Huge Trends No One Talks About Anymore


Times change, and that's probably for the best. The past few decades have seen the rise and fall of clear cola, kids wearing their clothes backwards, and a strange assortment of stupid catch-phrases. While this is all stuff that was kind of flash-in-the-pan, there's tons of other stuff that has been around for way longer than people think.

1.

Text - Emotional-Fruit 18.9k points · 2 days ago Cup stacking...what was that all about? AllUrFail 7.1k points · 2 days ago Holy shit. I forgot about that! Our school made us do cup stacking in gym for a few weeks.

2.

Text - thewickerstan 15.5k points · 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago 2 2 3 3 I think it was between 2010 and 2012 where there was: • A weird obsession with Bacon • A weird obsession with mustaches "Кеер calm and And you can't forget "Epic Fail" too I know it makes lots of people cringe, and rightfully so, but boy does thinking of that period make me nostalgic for middle school. Simpler times.

3.

Text - istilldontreddit 15.1k points · 2 days ago - 5 3 3 E 2 Yo-yos who was that motherfucker that came edited 2 days ago to my school? And why did he do a sales pitch for Yo-yos? And why did so many of us buy them?

4.

Text - unethical_goose 13.9k points · 2 days ago Idk if this is just where I live but those bracelets that you made with rubber bands on that loom thingy Picnut 2.9k points · 2 days ago We still have millions of those rubber bands in our house. I want to toss them in the garbage, but they are in the kids' rooms.

5.

Text - gozba 11.2k points · 2 days ago Flash mobs. I miss the awkwardness of school teachers and office managers to entice others to join. othybear 5.4k points · 2 days ago My boss made us do this one year, as a kind of bucket list for herself before she retired. I had scheduled the day off since it was my birthday so I was hoping I had a gracious out to skip it. Instead, she told me if I came for the flash mob I'd get the rest of the day off with pay and I wouldn't have to use a vacation day. I

6.

Text - LittlestSlipper55 9.5k points · 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago LMFAO. LMFAO may be a total trainwreck of a music group, but they were also everywhere in 2011-2013. You couldn't turn on the radio without hearing "I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT!" played five times in the span of 30 minutes, and "PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT!" was a line scream-sung at any night club.

7.

Text - gibbsge 1.5k points · 2 days ago S Yik yak Nikflame 643 points · 2 days ago Yik Yak was the shit. Everyone knew what was going on on campus within seconds. People within the same classes used it to shit-talk professors and cheat on tests. It's too bad people had to ruin it with death- threats and such which kind of forced Yik Yak to make it non-anonymous, killing the appeal it had in the first place. As a commuting student at the time it was key for me to keep up with the happenings and d

8.

Text - br34kf4s7 9.3k points · 2 days ago A 2 2 4 3 8 3 I'll never forget the summer Pokémon Go came out. Everybody and their grandparents were playing it, all the parks were full of people just talking and meeting each other. I hate to sound boomer-y but it made me remember what life was like before smartphones, which is ironic I guess because an app made it happen. I wish more technology had the goal of getting people active and outside and interacting with others.

9.

Text - Jaegek 7.5k points · 2 days ago S Furbies, absolutely needed to have one and when it woke up in the middle of the night I was over it. The_Titam 2.4k points · 2 days ago S 3 2 So I finally get to tell this story. I had a furby as a kid. The thing learned my name. You also could not turn them off so it would randomly talk throughout the day and night. It's batteries started to die so it sounded weird to say the least. So one night, at ~3am, I'm about Seven years old. I hear, in this demoni

10.

Text - arachnidtree 5.8k points · 2 days ago · 25 34 edited 2 days ago 2 Pet Rocks. I have been breeding them for years. Edit. thanks for awards. And thanks for so many awesome responses. :) MainSteamStopValve 1.9k points · 2 days ago 3 Painful memories, my pet rock ended up breaking a window and had to be euthanized. I still have a box of his sand on my mantle with his picture above it.

11.

Text - Da1mon1 5.2k points · 2 days ago 2 2 3 Game of Thrones. Never seen something go straight from the forefront of pop culture to forgotten about so quickly.

12.

Text - Hysterical_Realist 5.2k points · 2 days ago & S 2 Gangnam Style!

13.

Text - moofma 4.2k points · 2 days ago 1. When I was a teen in the late mid-to- late 90s, the WWJD bracelets were EVERYWHERE. And I would see WWJD merch all over the place, even WWJD board games. 2. People don't remember how HUGE maxim magazine was back in the day. Like from 1999 to 2002 it was universally loved by young men.

14.

Text - Awesomejuggler20 4.2k points · 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago 3 2 Clown craze in 2016. To this day, I still sometimes watch YouTube videos of those clowns. Especially the clowns hunting videos at night.

15.

Text - ElleCBrown 4.0k points · 2 days ago 2 Hypercolor clothing gurft 3.9k points · 2 days ago O A A O & 20 More I was a huge nerd in elementary school and thought I was gonna be super cool when my mom bought me an off brand hypercolor shirt. Wore it to school and one of the kids who bullied me realized it would Change color if he spit on it. Then showed lots of other people. It was the worst day of my elementary school life.

16.

Text - 9c9bs 3.7k points · 2 days ago KONY 2012

17.

Text - gldmembr 3.6k points · 2 days ago Livestrong bracelets timesuck897 732 points · 2 days ago I knew 2 people with prominently placed Livestrong tattoos.

18.

Text - beard_lover 3.0k points · 2 days ago Saying, "WAAAAZZZAAAAAP"

19.

Text - Gizmo_Joy 2.6k points · 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago Back in the 90's there was a hip-hop duo called "Kriss Kross" that got an entire generation of middle schoolers to wear thier baggy jeans backwards for like a year. Good times.

20.

Text - Deus-system-failed 2.2k points · 2 days ago Just a reminder of huge trends that haven't died: Pokemon (898 pokemon, 64 games, 8 generations 24 seasons of TV, 23 movies, 9000+ cards) Power Rangers (26 seasons, 205 rangers, 8 games) The Simpson's (30 seasons, 1 movie, 8 games) TMNT (15th show, 7 movies, 4 games) Scooby Doo (9th show, 47th movie, 7 games) One piece (eternal)

21.

Text - kickstand 2.1k points · 2 days ago The clear craze in the late 1980s into the 90s. We saw lots of clear drinks and products, including Crystal Pepsi, Tab Clear, and of course Zima.

Submitted by:

Tagged: popular , lame , nostalgia , lol , trends , funny , fads

No comments:

Post a Comment