Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Twitter Thread: Woman Tries To Sell Clothes Dryer, Mega Creep Shows Up


Ugh, there's a moment of shimmering hope in this Twitter thread when you almost think that strange old dude who showed up for the clothes dryer wasn't going to be a piece of garbage, but then boom, he's disgusting. We can only imagine what kind of emotional scarring was left from this terribly creepy encounter. The fact that the dude showed up at her house drunk again (late at night), adds a whole another layer of creepy stalker vibes to this thread. 

1.

Text - SaraSuze @tragedythyme A quick reminder for men: Common events for you can turn into really scary situations for women in a snap. Case in point: This week I listed a clothes dryer on the Letgo app. Because it was a dryer, a neutral meeting location was impractical. I needed it taken out of my house. >

2.

Text - SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d To try to stay safe, I decided to only allow people to pick it up after 5 when my husband would be home. But a guy who works nights asked if he could come in the am instead; I said yes as long as you're here before husband leaves for work. Q 35 27664 O 10.2K SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d The next morning, buyer isn't here before husband leaves. I message and tell him not to come. He shows up 15 min later. In addition to being late, he has no dolly or help, despite th

3.

Text - SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d He says he will come back with help, I say after 5 would be great. He then asks if he could just see it real quick before coming back and bringing someone over, in case he doesn't want it. So, now I have a decision to make. Q 24 27562 O 9,700 SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d I quickly try to assess my likelihood of danger, as every woman has done so, so many times. It's instinct. First, what's his age? Late 60s, early 70s. He's tall but thin. Wearing a wedding ring. Has

4.

Text - SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d Feeling like he's more likely to be safe than unsafe, and feeling badly about not letting him see the dryer, I invite him in. Once in the basement, he's POSITIVE he can get it out with just a LITTLE help he says, looking at me. Fuck it. I pick up a side. O 31 27573 O 9,650 SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d Walk to the stairs is fine. We're sharing the work. With each stair, I'm feeling more and more of the weight. I'm sweating. Heaving. Pissed. Halfway up the stairs and

5.

Text - SaraSuze @tragedythyme · 5d He's staring at me, hard. Right in the eyes, sly smile on his lips. My hair is matted to my forehead. I can't get a comfortable grip. I'm just about to ask him what's going on - is he even lifting? - when he starts to speak. 27616 O 9,120 SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d "Damn, girl. Look at you. Man, those thighs. Put em to work, huh? That sweat looks good on you. Workin thighs like that, I bet your husband is a happy man. C'mon, show me what you got." I was mortifie

6.

Text - SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d So I do what women do, lower my eyes, pretend to laugh a little, start lifting faster. The comments and staring hey worse but I try to block them out. As soon as I am free of the basement I walk straight past him to my phone, wait 5 seconds, and say, "honey, the buyer is here!" O 22 SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d And wanna guess what happened? He left without buying it. Was this guy going murder me? Probably not. But I'm not sure. Am I pissed I had to worry about bein

7.

Text - SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d The point - other than my being pissed and wanting to tell people - is that events like this, even when we come out ok, take an emotional toll. I was scared. He left more and more of the weight on me & watched me squirm. And now I have one more "thing" that I have to worry about. 17 271,225 O 22.3K SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d So men, if you want to be allies, then recognizing that assault is bad is just the minimum. For every sexual assault, there are thousands of

8.

Text - SaraSuze @tragedythyme 5d And obviously, if you ever are in a woman's home alone, whether during a service call or an online sale like this, accept if she's home alone, she's likely done the assessment. Respect her space, don't do gross shit. The basics. Please. O 66 271,529 O 23K SaraSuze @tragedythyme 4d UPDATE: This man just showed up at my house. It's 10pm. Husband answered doorbell, drunk guy mumbles "wrong house" & goes back to his truck. I looked out the window and saw it was him.

9.

Text - SaraSuze @tragedythyme 4d UPDATE 2: called the police, they were VERY helpful & said I'm in a great spot for rotating cars to sit outside as much as they can tomorrow. Going to see about taking my little one & spending the day at a friend's house tomorrow just in case. Thank you to everyone for support. O 33 17588 O 17.8K >

10.

Text - dig-lazarus-dig Guys think we are over exaggerating. There were so many situations that I also had to make an assessment and came to the conclusion I should have a weapon hidden on me just in case. I keep a mini screw driver in my purse. It is an eye glasses screw driver, but it can do a decent amount of damage.

11.

Text - itsseriouslyridiculous I'm not pretty so this stuff doesn't happen to me very often, but even so, I'm always absolutely ready to kill a guy with my bare hands (or the nearest object). and I feel like a few times when someone has bothered me in the street, that they've noticed and they back off, cause l'm not worth the trouble. I definitely shouldn't have to be prepared to destroy a guy all the time and it's tiring but it's something I have to do. I wish it was legal to have something shar

12.

Text - shinaain @itsseriouslyridiculous When I was young/ pretty, it happened to me a lot more. The attitude you're talking about? I developed that in the military as a defensive coping mechanism. It works, but it also alienates people. :shrugs: Damned if you do, damned if you don't. But really, I've found how much I/women get harassed has little to do with whether or not men find me/them attractive and everything to do with power. It seems to me that it's sometimes about sex but always-ALWAYS-

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment