Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Things People are Certain of but Have Zero Proof


We're intellectually obligated to believe things with some amount of evidence, but damn if hunches aren't compelling. Everyone has their personal conspiracy theories and stupid beliefs that they will believe to their dying day, no matter how little actual proof they have.

1.

Text - ThatSquareChick 1.7k points · 21 hours ago - edited 10 minutes ago Back when I was 18 I got my first tattoo, the Squaresoft logo on my upper arm. It was 2001 and I was also on my own in a new state. I was and still am a huge rpg fan and it's the height of my geekdom. Well, I sent in a picture of me and my tattoo with a short letter about me and my favorite games to Official PlayStation Monthly. They published my letter and photo along with the caption "We don't know whether to be impresse

2.

Text - Raichu7 51.4k points · 23 hours ago F & 3 More My brother deleted my game save on purpose. He was old enough to read, he knew what he was doing.

3.

Text - DarthToothbrush 37.1k points · 23 hours ago S That a LOT more famous actors than we realize are secretly the children of other famous actors from the previous generation. I call it the Hollywood Bastard Theory.

4.

Text - Dire88 37.0k points · 23 hours ago 4 2 & 8 More 100 years from now only a handful of kids and grandkids will have any memory of my life. 200 years from now, at most I'll be a photo in an old family scrap book with my name in the margin space. 300 years from now no one in my family will know I existed outside of a half finished family tree. Yet ultimately all of their hopes and pains, successes and failures, dreams and depressions will be the direct result of my having existed. So it isn't

5.

Text - mejok 29.6k points · 1 day ago That my last boss secretly hated me even though we had, on the surface, a very positive relationship.

6.

Text - axxonn13 28.9k points · 23 hours ago O That my cousin stole my holographic 1st edition Charizard Pokemon card back in the early 2000's.

7.

Text - NeighborhoodNerd0 74.5k points · 23 hours ago There's a travel agency that's been around in my town for as long as I can remember. I wholeheartedly believe it's a front for the mob.

8.

Text - Benjaminbuttcrack 24.7k points · 1 day ago Burger King hash browns are just tater tots

9.

Text - vivalabeava 24.3k points · 23 hours ago 3 & 3 More That the near complete absence of financial literacy education in American public schools is 100% on purpose.

10.

Text - ApocalypseWednesday 22.2k points · 1 day ago - edited 18 hours ago That there is other intelligent life in the universe. We may never encounter it, certainly not within any of our lifetimes, but it's out there somewhere. The universe is too goddamn big for us to be the only ones.

11.

Text - mlime18 21.5k points · 23 hours ago If I'm stuck in traffic and switch lanes because the other lane looks like it will move faster, the lane I just switched from will automatically go faster.

12.

Text - DeshaundreWatkins 20.7k points · 23 hours ago Flat earthers are just doing it for attention. They really don't think the earth is flat.

13.

Text - shiftycornfeathers 17.5k points · 23 hours ago O 2 Dejavu comes from previous dreams

14.

Text - TheLostPariah 17.3k points · 23 hours ago That the entire U.S. mattress industry is a front for criminal organizations. Virtually every city has more mattress stores than it needs. When was the last time you bought a mattress? So then why does a city of 80,000 have like 7 separate mattress retail places within like six blocks?

15.

Text - demonardvark 15.3k points · 1 day ago There is some godzilla shit at the bottom of our oceans. Deep Sea gigantism will not fail me.

16.

Text - koreanwings 14.9k points · 23 hours ago My phone is listening to me, it's simply not a coincidence any more how my targeted ads change directly related to and after a conversation. People say we are just more predictable than we think but I mention something I haven't even thought about for years and there it is on Instagram.

17.

Text - box_frenzy 14.0k points · 23 hours ago My ex-boss used Covid as an excuse to make me redundant because I was the only member of his team to be hired by someone else and not him. Fuck that guy forever.

18.

Text - Sabiis 13.1k points · 1 day ago S I don't care who you are or what you think, or even what the science says - Geese are evil creatures.

19.

Text - AltUniverse_1 12.5k points · 1 day ago · edited 21 hours ago There is probably 7 degrees of separation from everyone and a serial killer. That number is probably lower than 7.

20.

Text - cweaver 12.5k points · 23 hours ago 1 in every 3 or 4 people is not capable of critical thinking. And I'm not making some kind of point about politics or anything - I mean those people are literally incapable of taking in information and synthesizing it with other information and coming to their own conclusions. They're basically robots programmed by whatever source is most convincing to them.

21.

Text - vanhet 10.2k points · 20 hours ago Back when I was 10 there was a competition for schoolkids to write a treatment for an episode of Doctor Who, with the best one being developed into an full episode in the next series and the winner receiving a writing credit. I was a huge fan of DW at the time and the competition was actually run through schools, so my teacher made the entire class do it, but I was very excited. I began writing a story about the Doctor landing on a planet full of defecti

22.

Text - But then, a year or two later, there was an episode of DW called Asylum of the Daleks, which seemed incredibly similar to my story except with Daleks. So incredibly, eerily, similar in fact, that to this day I am absolutely convinced that Steven Moffat saw my script and came up with a formatting excuse so that he could remove me from the competition, steal my story, change the bad guys and claim it as his own. I have zero evidence, I don't even still have the treatment I wrote, or any let

23.

Text - beep_bop-boop 8.3k points · 1 day ago My cat knocked over the water glass on purpose.

24.

Text - CleanUranus 7.9k points · 1 day ago The Truman show was made to make me think the entire world watching my every move was a ridiculous notion. But I know better...

25.

Text - h00paj00ped 7.7k points · 1 day ago 3 Getting a name tattooed on your body is a curse both on you and the person whose name is on you for as long as you wear it.

26.

Text - potatOpOtato 7.5k points · 1 day ago Teddy Roosevelt cured his childhood asthma by sheer force of will.

27.

Text - Locust627 6.5k points · 21 hours ago · edited 14 hours ago McDonald's coke hits different than any coke I've ever had.

28.

Text - DB_Cooper_lives 4.4k points · 23 hours ago That Andy Dufresne was guilty in the Shawshank Redemption. It's never actually proven that he didn't kill his wife and her lover. We just have his word and a story made up by an inmate that wanted to be liked by Andy and his friends. Also what are the chances that his wife and lover were murdered the same night that Andy was going to kill them himself, before he changed his mind?

29.

Text - saugoof 3.2k points · 1 day ago Most company CEO's don't really know what they're doing. Whether their business thrives or fails has more to do with luck than anything else. There are exceptions, but most of them have a completely warped sense of their own "brilliance".

30.

Text - countryroads8484 1.9k points· 21 hours ago For every sock that goes missing a Tupperware lid appears.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment