Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Craziest Stunts Customers Pulled During Test Drives


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the wildest stunts that crazed customers pulled while test driving cars. Some people just want to take that shiny new car for a ride to see how fast it can go, or better yet, they're just looking for a free ride. 

1.

Text - Black_Cat_5 • 5y Friend's story: a customer took a Mazda sedan for a test drive and midway pulled over and asked to swap with the salesman to experience the car from the passenger seat. Just as they were about to drive off again he says he feels sick and can't go on, and thanks for his time. Turns out he just wanted a lift into town. 4.8k ...

2.

Text - Whose_ear • 5y 1 Award I had a dirty looking guy with long, greasy hair want to test drive a Cadillac. We had a pre-planned route for test drives, but he turned the opposite way out of the dealership and told me he wanted to go his own way. At this point, he was acting somewhat strange, like nothing specific, just odd mannerisms. We drove a couple miles and I started getting a bit scared that I was going to be on the 6 o'clock news, when suddenly he pulled into an ice cream place. He boug

3.

Text - roflcopterswtams • 5y Not a salesman but once I went to a Mazda dealership to test drive an RX-8. The salesman was a talkative dude, and to make conversation I asked him what was the craziest thing he's seen on the job. He told me he let a guy test drive an RX-8 as well and that the dude absolutely loved it. Before buying it though, he had to go show his mom to see if she would approve. Dude asked the salesman "Can I go show this to my mom to see if she approves?" Salesman said "Of course

4.

Text - Fxckyorkcity • 5y Used car dealer in NJ here. I was selling a 2006 Honda odyssey EX-l and the only info i get before a test drive is a drivers license and a phone number. The guy said he knew the area so I let him go alone cause we were short staffed, I told him to keep it short. This jackass is gone for 3 hours, and ignoring my phone calls. I was about to call the police but I decided to give him another half hour, he finally came back and the van was filled with groceries and some shit

5.

Text - rhysmoe • 5y Thankfully this did not happen to me it was one of my salesman I hired in the past. He had a guy test drive a S500 Mercedes, only a few years old at the time. He let the gentleman and his wife have it alone which happens frequently at high line dealerships. They returned 45 minutes later a bit of a long test drive. They said the check engine light popped on and the ABS light and they were scared of the car and left. Come to find out they removed some $2500 worth of parts to f

6.

Text - fist_is_also_a_verb • 5y 2 Awards I work at a used dealership. We sell all types of vehicles, but our most popular vehicle in this area is a full size pickup. We always have at least 5 or 10. Early December 2 years ago, we had a dude come in and he was looking around at our cars. He said he was interested in a Focus wagon and wanted to take it for a test drive. No problem man, have a good time. He came back about 45 minutes later, said it wasn't what he was looking for, and rushed off. I

7.

Text - moses1424 • 5y Former sales person here. Probably the craziest would be this guy suddenly yelled "LETS TEST OUT THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE!!" He veered off the road near the dealership and cut donuts in a muddy field. I didn't really give a shit if he damaged the truck because that's what insurance and lawyers are for. I just felt bad for the underpaid guys in the back who had to clean it back up. The only time l ever got upset with someone and told them to pull the fuck over was this old man was

8.

Text - foofenpuss • 5y Took a woman on a test drive, she backed into a fence while turning the car around to go back to the dealership, and when I had to go report it to management when we returned (there was damage) she DENIED it, and quickly jumped into her car and left. That and the guy who just pulled out SLOWLY into 4 lanes of traffic without looking. I've had some fun ones but those two stick in my memory... 1.2k ...

9.

Text - joblo619 · 5y Had a guy show up on a fairly nice Harley Davidson w/ out a shirt on. Nobody helped him so I offered to. He wanted to drive one of our top end cars ($320K Rolls- Royce Ghost). I got a service bag (the ones that protect the seats from the mechanics grime) and let him drive it. We got up to about 140 mph on a public road before I told him he needed to buy it before hitting 150 mph. We went back to the dealership, he went to his bike and wrote us a check. We delivered the car t

10.

Text - Sloth_Reborn • 5y 2 Awards Preface: Not a car salesmen, but I was the one doing an outrageous test drive. When I turned 16, I was super excited to get my driver's license; even if my car was some 15 year old piece of junk my two siblings each drove for a number of years before it was finally passed down to me. Anyway, the day finally came to go do my driver's test, get my license. Dad and I got in the car and drove over to the license bureau, wait in line, get a tester guy to come out - a

11.

Text - Honestly, I had prepared for everything but this. Not sure why it didn't cross my mind - but I was pretty confident that even if this was car was a piece of shit, it was road worthy. I was wrong. Everything worked except my horn. They said I couldn't take my test without a functioning horn. It was Friday, already after 4pm - less than an hour before they closed - no time to go home and switch vehicles. I thought I was screwed until AT LEAST Monday; shamefully, this knowledge had me on the

12.

Text - So we park, and he starts walking up and looking at cars - I just followed him thinking there was no way in hell this was going to work. He asked me which car I wanted to do my test drive in - I was a little nervous about the parking part so I told him I wanted the smallest car possible - he pointed out the Ford Focus. Just in time too, because as soon as we decided on a car the salesmen walked up. I've spent a lot of time with my Dad, and never before or since havel ever, EVER - heard su

13.

Text - When he got back he gave my Dad the keys and said they could on a test drive - Dad said, No. "My son needs to drive it to see if he likes it or not - and I want to be in the car in case he has any problems or questions". And the salesmen was like... Sir... I can't let you just drive off alone in one of our cars. And my Dad came back with "Well, I can't buy my son a car he hasn't test driven. Maybe the Cheverlot dealer down the street would be more considerate" then he turned and actually

14.

Text - So sure enough, Dad and I get in this car - and he has me drive it right back across the street to the license bureau. We get back in line, get the tester out there - and he was like... you sure are a lucky kid to have your Dad buy you a new car before you even get your license - I didn't have the heart to confess we practically stole this car for the purpose of this test. Of course, the car passed the pre-exam with flying colors - working horn and all. The only thing was the guy noticed

15.

Text - Then after we were done, we took back across the street - where if they saw any of that, me using their car for my driving test - they didn't say anything. My Dad took it all the way up to the closing part, acting like he was actually going to buy this car, then said he wanted to sleep on it. We got letters from Ford trying to get us to come back for years after that, never did buy a car from them. But anyway, that's my outrageous test-drive story. Still can't believe we got away with it

16.

Text - OnThe65thSquare • 5y I was working at a dayton, Ohio BMW dealership selling new and used cars. A late 20 something fairly well dressed gentlemen wanted to look at a used jeep Cherokee. He had credit issues but I called a local credit union and got him approved. I grabbed the keys and we left for a test drive. He asked to stop by his financial advisor's office to get a second opinion. I was slightly reluctant because this office was located in the absolute worst part of dayton. I agreed si

17.

Text - isaakhk • 5y Not a cars salesman, but a friend's uncle is A homeless man arrived at a dealer, and said he wanted to purchase a Corvette. When asked how he was going to pay for it, he replied with "I'm going to wake up, and the money is going to be there." he then proceeded to pull out a sword. the cops were called, etc, etc 182 ...

18.

Text - cbelt3 • 5y Trying to sell a sports car , guy came to drive it. He loved it , was buzzing around corners and totally lost it, into a ditch , ripped out the exhaust. "I totally was going to buy it but the exhaust is broken . So no." 69 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment