Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Karen And Karen Jr. Try To Cheat School System, Get Outed


Revenge is most certainly sweet, and best served by FERPA. Karen and Karen Jr. thought that they were so sly. The mother and daughter team had worked out a system where Karen (the teacher) would pull the necessary strings to get Karen Jr. (her daughter) all the accommodations one could need to ace a test without any effort at all. Of course, cheaters never win, and someone always finds out in the end. The Karens ultimately had to pay the price for all their BS. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge Join u/flannel_enthusiast5 • 6h Entitled Teacher's Kid Gets Absolutely Wrecked Hey! This is my first time posting to this subreddit, but I posted it in O r/RegularRevenge and many folks told me to drop it here as well. I typically don't post anything, but I felt that this story was too good to not share. I was also emboldened after watching some RSlash content on YouTube. I hope you enjoy as much as I did. This might take a while as well. This is the tale of how a entitled (a

2.

Text - Allow me to introduce her. I'll call her Karen Jr. Karen Jr was a pretty decent student who made equally decent grades. Certainly nothing to scoff at. However, she didn't take any particularly hard classes, and it seemed as if she was merely skating by in high school, waiting for the greater things in life. She was also a mythic bitch; she had money, and often flaunted it. She looked down on kids who didn't have as much as she did, and was a classic case of "spoiled asshole" syndrome. She

3.

Text - As for myself, I was a senior in high school at this time of all of this, class of 2019. I am currently a college sophomore. In high school, I was one of the top students in the class. My undergraduate studies have been entirely paid for by academic scholarships, and I was one of a handful who were poised to be valedictorian for our class. Of course, this title didn't mean much to me. I worked my ass of for scholarship money, not for some silly title. I'm saying this now not to brag, but

4.

Text - I (mostly) only ever had class with Karen Jr when I was taking courses required to graduate. These weren't hard classes at all, and certainly were not weighted. Typically, my other classes would be AP or Dual-Credit courses to academically challenge myself, and to raise my GPA for scholarships. I rarely had class with Karen Jr in any of these courses, and the class size was so small for AP's at my school that if she had been, we would have been in the same class for sure. This was very od

5.

Text - You see, Karen Jr, like many other folks at this time, had also been trying to raise her test scores for college admissions. She claimed that she had anxiety, and as a result, she got some special accommodations whenever it was time to take tests, both for classes and standardized. However, she was notoriously extroverted in class discussions and never struck me as the nervous type. I have dealt with generalized anxiety disorder for years, and I wasn't buying it. I also didn't wanna use t

6.

Text - There was a rare situation where we did share a class: AP US Government. The teacher was also great friends with Karen. At my high school, it was known as one of the easier AP classes, due to the heavy focus on vocabulary and the lack of challenging concepts. We had tests in there on a two-week basis, after covering the material in the textbook. I would study my ass off for each and every tests, and I always ended up with low-A's. This was fine in my book, since the other assignments woul

7.

Text - Until, one test day, the library was closed down after some water damage had been uncovered after a pretty bad storm. She couldn't take the test in the library as usual, and had to take it with the rest of us. She seemed hesitant, but the teacher insisted that there was no where else suitable in the school for test taking. And so, she took the test. And gloriously bombed it. I don't know exactly what she got, but she had gotten all blubbery and teary-eyed as soon as she saw her grade. She

8.

Text - I assumed that it was due to her anxiety, and I felt bad for her. That sympathy went away in an instant, when, during class, she whispered to one of her friends that she'd always go to her mom's classroom instead of the library to take her tests (I always had a skills for eavesdropping, since I was a relatively unassuming person who didn't say much in class). I didn't know what this meant for sure, but I assume her mom (Karen) had looked up the answers for it. That explained immediately w

9.

Text - Destiny explained to me that when you present to the ACT testing facility with accommodations, you had two options. You could either take each of the four ACT sections (5 sections, if you took it with writing) on separate days under normal time constraints, or, take all of the sections on the same day with DOUBLE the time on each section. Destiny also explained that all test takers with accommodations took the exam on the same day, different than normal test takers, so that they could ens

10.

Text - Until, on Karen Jr's social medias, she posted about how she was "ready for day 2" of ACT testing. Sure enough, she had taken it over the course of several days. All of this meant that, somehow, Karen Jr had taken the ACT with BOTH accommodation options. I wasn't sure how something like this would have even been possible. Karen Jr got a spectacular score on her exam, something like a 32 or 33. Again, this didn't particularly bother me; her test scores didn't affect me one bit. I decided t

11.

Text - It was quite a shock to learn that Karen Jr, beyond a shadow of a doubt, was going to be our valedictorian for that year. To me, and many others, this seemed impossible; she hadn't taken nearly as many weighted classes as the lot of us, and was a good student at best. Also, Karen Jr's best friend was lined up to be salutatorian (2nd in class rank). She was also a pretty mediocre student. So how did they BOTH manage to get a higher GPA than us? We had been taking AP's since freshman year.

12.

Text - Karen was looking at the student transcripts of high- ranking students (including myself) and had arranged for Karen Jr's schedule to inflate her GPA so much that it passed my own, and the GPA of other hard-working students. This included taking some online classes from a local college, which I was never permitted to take. This is because the classes were so specific that the credits didn't transfer. We're talking about a college class about proper walking/exercising technique here. Easy

13.

Text - I didn't want to take this information at face-value, so I looked up the list of faculty that had permission to access student transcript information in the first place (only a handful of teachers could do this). Wouldn't you believe that Karen's name was most certainly on the list. I also ran the numbers myself; It was totally possible to arrange a schedule of bullshit classes that would exceed everyone else's GPA. The same had been done to Karen Jr's best friend's schedule, just not to

14.

Text - The state penalties alone for sharing student documents with a third-party without consent, either from the parent (if the student is under 18) or the student itself, was a hefty fine, possible termination, and further federal penalties. We're talking possible jail time if the information shared led to consequences for the student whose information was shared. All I needed was proof. Along with Aaron's testimony, I wanted irrevocable proof that Karen and Karen Jr were doing shady shit. So

15.

Text - I was in the show choir, and so I had access to some decent recording equipment, including some single-use audio recorders. These were used by judges during competitions to give quick feedback on the show, and also for student auditions. They were small, discrete, and silent. They also had a neat feature where you could set a timer on the thing to tell it to start recording after so much time had passed. I set the timer so that the recorder would start during lunch. Before chool one day,

16.

Text - I taped one of these recorders under her chair, set the timer for around lunchtime and her planning period (they were back-to-back) and waited. I went back at the end of the day (I had choir practice) and retrieved the recorder before the downstairs doors were locked (they left them unlocked for extra-curricular activities, because freshman and sophomore lockers were upstairs). I got home, and began playing the tape. Bingo. I had my irrefutable evidence. It was all there; conversations ab

17.

Text - Fortunately, my counselor (we were each assigned one based on our last name) was a real stand-up guy, and I knew he'd come in clutch. He also wasn't close with Karen, unlike many of the other counselors and higher- up staff. I went with Aaron to his office, and I took my laptop with the audio file backed up onto it. We presented our case. You see, to file a FERPA violation report, you needed a member of the the administration of the offending organization (this included my counselor) to g

18.

Text - The fallout was glorious. The school's administration was forced to do an objective audit on ALL of Karen's activity at the school, where they confirmed that all of this bullshit had been taking place. Karen Jr's valedictorian status and her friend's salutatorian were sacked, and some other (more deserving) kid was presented with the honor. I myself was awarded salutatorian, although this didn't matter to me too much. The school was fined by FERPA for breach of policy, and Karen might get

19.

Text - The icing on the cake was when they discovered the fuckery regarding her ACT accommodations. Turns out, her mom HAD been pulling the string behind the scenes to get her accommodations for that "anxiety" we talked about earlier. The ACT company takes cheating VERY seriously, and so they voided her pristine standardized testing score, which had landed her a full scholarship to her university of choice. The same ended up happened with some of her SAT and AP scores as well for reasons that I

20.

Text - All of this news was absolutely BUZZING around the school, and Karen Jr was disgraced. I did my part in my graduation ceremony a few months later, and all was well. I never intended it to go so far, but I don't feel bad one bit. Revenge is sweet, and best served by FERPA. Thanks for reading! tl;dr - Entitled asshole student and her teacher/mom get supremely fucked after they're audited by the administration for violation of federal student- protection law. edit - minor grammar and spellin

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment