Thursday, March 4, 2021

School Administration Won't Budge, Dad Takes Detention Rap


Despite a litany of reasonable excuses, this school administration was determined to send someone to detention. This person's dad, being a bro, decided to show up for detention and make a point regarding the absurdity of the whole situation. Sometimes school faculty isn't this rigid and vindictive, like these teachers who pulled total bro moves.

1.

Font - Posted by u/TropicLush 13 hours ago 2 2 6 3 My Dad Served My Detention oC M When I was a freshman in high school I went to a school that was 30+ mins drive away. They had a policy that three tardies (with a good excuse or not) across a semester would automatically assign an after school detention. I was a really really good kid; never got in trouble, ever; always really nice and friendly to everybody; worked really hard at everything I did from sports to studies (even if I wasn't the best

2.

Font - My parents declined to sign the detention notice and explained to administration how I had 0 control over when they left, and especially no control of road/traffic conditions even after us leaving extra early to have a time cushion (I was only late by a couple mins on the rare time I was even late), but administration declined to remove the detention assignment. I asked my parents to just let it go and let me serve the stupid detention just to be done with it, or just decline and leave it

3.

Font - The next day my little professor-y looking social worker counselor dad with the big glasses, briefcase, worn down notepad, and his prized 20- year-old Mont Blanc pen signed himself into the school to serve detention the next afternoon-much to the embarrassment and discomfort of the administrators. They had a hard time holding eye contact with him and were visibly uncomfortable; they found an empty room to put him and checked in on him once or twice-even offered to let him leave early but

4.

Font - To my recollection, after that there seemed to be a differentiation between excused and unexcused tardies (idk if for the whole school, but for us anyway -it was never an issue for me after that. But like I said it was rare anyway to even be a couple mins late). At the time I was so embarrassed, but looking back now it's kind of funny, and I appreciate the point he was making in not letting me get punished for something I didn't do wrong and had no control over.

5.

Rectangle - Hannookie 13 hours ago · edited 1 hour ago That's a really cool dad Edit: please hug your dad from me too! 1 Vote + Reply Share Report Save TropicLush 13 hours ago I hadn't appreciated him like I should have when I was a teenager!

6.

Mammal - measaqueen 12 hours ago Let he who is responsible for the crime, pay the fine! Vote I Reply Share Report Save TropicLush 12 hours ago Yep, they wanted their 'pound of flesh' so my dad humbly obliged hahah

7.

Vertebrate - beleif 13 hours ago It is ridiculous that if you arrive by car late, its a tardy. But if a bus is late, not a tardy. Literally in the same traffic. Vote • I Reply Share Report Save TropicLush 13 hours ago Totally agree.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment