Thursday, March 4, 2021

Boss Tells Employees They're Slacking, Petty Revenge Ensues


Not all bosses are great. In fact, some can be complete waking nightmares. Whether you find yourself under the incompetent wing of a maniacal boss who never should've been put in their position of power in the first place, or perhaps fielding an array of toxic instances from a boss who misplaced their moral compass, you'll probably suffer through a gig with a nasty boss at one point or another in your life. In this story, these employees decided to take a glorious, petty revenge on a boss that accused them of slacking. Suffice to say, it seems to have been successful. 

1.

Font - Font - r/pettyrevenge u/Tacocat0927 · 18h + Join 1 3 6 2 Tell us we're slacking? Well be prepared to be CC'd on every single email we send. Some background: I work for a place that you really need customers to come inside in order to do proper business. However, I also work for a place that due to Covid, we're not allowed to let customers inside anymore. All our work needs to be done through email or mail. You can see how fun this is. We are also only allowed one employee in the office at

2.

Font - Font - Yesterday my boss sends me and my coworkers (there's 4 of us total) an email saying that we've been slacking off and told us if we were unhappy we should find a new job. We were all flabbergasted, flummoxed, floored if you will. I was absolutely fuming because we have been busting us we've been slacking (while she NEVER comes into the office). So we all decided that we were going to CC her on EVERY SINGLE EMAIL we send out (or reply to). Now we're coming up on a pretty big deadline

3.

Font - Even the emails that were only a simple "thanks, I got that document" she was CC'd on. She probably has been CC'd on over 500 emails in the last 24 hours. Still no word from her yet, but l'm really hoping she gets the point. If not, meh, l'll just keep CCing her on every single email until the end of time. Its stupid and silly, but its annoying her while at the same time proving her wrong about our work ethic. Win win! TL/DR: Boss unfairly accuses us of slacking, so me and my coworkers ar

4.

Font - legubriousunshine · 10h A while back I worked for a micromanager, he insisted that all emails sent to any employee be auto forwarded to him. We complied. A bit later something important was happening and he came out of his office, absolutely furious, that we hadn't been communicating with him about it. We politely and with some confusion informed him that we had emailed him several times. He replied "oh, I get too many emails from you, I have them auto set to forward to a folder." Thanks

5.

Font - Christiney134 •6h This sort of happened to me at one of my old jobs!! They essentially put me on a "special project" team by myself, they piled on the work until I told them I needed someone to work with me because I had so much to do and I couldn't get it all done. Mind you, they never actually told me who I directly reported to so I had to guess who I needed to talk to. They finally put someone with me and basically had me be her team lead without the pay raise or actual title. I told t

6.

Font - moved us to the basement and forgot about me and my team for 3 years. They finally decided they had ignored me for long enough and my reports weren't good enough and slowly started changing my job to a way that did not work. I was the only one in the company who knew how to do my job of pulling and working reports for 300 clients every single month... I finally had enough of them ignoring me and not listening so when I put in my notice (I had to email it because she wouldn't answer her ph

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment