Thursday, March 4, 2021

Petty Injustices People Refuse to Forget


They say time heals all wounds, but that is absolutely not the case when you forgot to bring the cranberry sauce to a Thanksgiving eleven years ago. Your own family will needle you on a disaster like that for the rest of their lives. People will remain salty about petty injustices, and there's not really too much anyone can do about it. There's always forgiveness, but then no one would get to complain and where's the fun in that.

1.

World - Tim Spalding @librarythingtim Replying to @toddedillard Tonce put the ice cream on the car to buckle my toddler son in and did not forget and did NOT drive off with it on top, but my son still mentions it all the time as a cautionary tale of dad's cruelty and stupidity. 7:15 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPhone

2.

Organism - todd dillard @toddedillard asked my 5-year-old what she wanted for dinner and she said "not a burned quesadilla" bc in the summer of 2019 I overcooked one side of her quesadilla 6:20 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPhone

3.

Organism - Jessica Sillers @JessicaSillers Replying to @toddedillard My father once cut a package open at the bottom, ruining an American Girl doll dress my sister had been waiting by the mailbox for for weeks. We brought this up regularly for at least 10 years 7:23 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for Android

4.

Organism - Pete Jolicoeur @PeteJolicoeur Replying to @JessicaSillers and @toddedillard My mom accidentally stepped on the first fish l ever caught whenI was 8. It was left on the dock and had an almost cartoonish footprint of a shoe indented across the middle of it. I'm in my late 30s and still bring it up annually to her. 9:50 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for Android

5.

World - Sylvia Yvonne Jones @sydj1405 Replying to @PeteJolicoeur @JessicaSillers and @toddedillard | changed the tank water that my smal children's beloved pet fish resided in, and it was too cold. The fish convulsed and died. They never let me forget what I did to Charlie. They are 46 and 50... 10:32 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPhone

6.

Organism - Katy @dopemixtape78 Replying to @toddedillard I once cut my son's finger while clipping his nails when he was a baby. I cried harder than he did at the time. Made the mistake of telling him I did this when he was older, and he's been reminding me since. 9:43 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter Web App

7.

World - Amber Sparks @ambernoelle Replying to @toddedillard My five year old draws pictures sometimes of the one NYT dessert I foked up and says “I was so sad that I didn't get to eat those cookie bars, at least now I can look at them" 6:49 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPhone

8.

Organism - Somnii one by one the bees approach @Somniij4 Reminds me of when I was 5 or 6 and accidently stepped on my cousin when she was having tummy time. I told her about it when she was about 5. Now we're 23 and 18, and she STILL brings it up even tho she doesn't remember being steppe on lol 10:54 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for Android

9.

World - Tara McGovern @TaraMcDutch Replying to @toddedillard I grazed a chin in a coat zipping incident 10+ years ago. It comes up every time a coat is worn 8:31 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPad

10.

Font - Alex London @ca_london Replying to @toddedillard At a crosswalk with the stroller, I stopped short once, thinking a car was going when it wasn't. Now, a year later, at every crosswalk my toddler says loudly to me (and to anyone else who can hear): "DONT GET SCARED!" 11:06 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPhone

11.

Font - (Maureen Flaherty) @maureenflaherty Replying to @toddedillard and @ftrain When my twins were in kindergarten FIVE YEARS AGO, I switched their lunches. Once. Teachers enabled a hallway swap after a few tears and they still check their lunches every day. They didn't even have to eat the wrong lunch, but they unzip box and give me side eye every day. 9:37 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPhone

12.

World - David Dadekian ... @dadekian Replying to @toddedillard and @heyadamroberts I sill get asked if I added the right amount of chicken stock for the rice even though the one and only time I miscalculated and undercooked rice was about 4 years ago. Oh to have their perspectives! 9:41 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPad

13.

Font - moogi says WEAR A MASK @meg_bendy Replying to @toddedillard 1.5 years ago we took our fam to the ZOO, and our now-5yo got a pressed penny. She wanted a flamingo, but it came out a tiger. Last week I told her we were going to the zoo, and without hesitation the FIRST thing she said was "can I get a FLAMINGO penny?!" 10:57 am · 4/3/21 from Conroe, TX · Twitter for Android

14.

World - MB Scott @mbscott77 BFLY VNS Replying to @toddedillard and @TheKitchenista When my oldest was in K, he made a little fill-in-the-blank card for Mothers Day in school. Five Senses-themed. Smell was: I love the smell of And he chose ". . . the cookies you used to make me." 9:59 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPhone

15.

Font - Katherine D. Morgan | Forever a Bookse... @blktinabelcher Replying to @toddedillard and @TheKitchenista My mother forgot to buy crescent rolls for thanksgiving like, five years ago, and my sister and I bring it up every year 9:43 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPhone

16.

Font - You know who @1whoknu Replying to @toddedillard I was late picking up my kid ONCE in all the years he went to daycare and now 20 years later he still reminds me regularly 11:22 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPhone

17.

Font - Denise Massar @denisemassar Replying to @toddedillard One time we had to take money from our son's piggy bank to pay the babysitter in cash. Drove to ATM first thing next morning to reimburse him. Ten years later, he still talks about that one time we stole all of his money. 7:50 am · 4/3/21 · Twitter for iPhone

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment