Thursday, March 4, 2021

Most Elaborate Attempts At Cheating That Exam Proctors Witnessed


Students can get wildly inventive when it comes to the staggering lengths that they'll go to not have to study for exams. There are absolutely flickers of genius present in the minds of the "slackers" that can't be bothered to play by the rules that the educational system imposes upon them. These exam proctors certainly witnessed some next level acts of cheating. For some more juicy schooling drama, check out this post about the weirdest things that teachers have ever had to confiscate from students

1.

Font - pharfromhuman • 8d A teacher I work with had this happen. She had a female student make tiny cheat sheets and then she put them on the inside of her bra. When she wanted to read the sheets she would kind of lean and squeeze her breasts together and look down. She was caught and said that she knew that she shouldn't have tried it with a female teacher. G Reply 508 ...

2.

Font - Csuz9022 · 8d At the test center I used to work candidates were allowed to bring a translator of their choice as long as it got approved by the state. Most of the time it was a family member and we would listen in on the conversation using a headset and record it. Once in a while, while replaying the recordings we would hear signals and patterns given by the translator telling the candidate which option to choose. Busted! 6 Reply 812 ...

3.

Smile - rastanikoten • 8d Calculator programs. So we started providing graphing calculators and not allowing a personally owned device. G Reply 676 ...

4.

Font - didi-k97 · 7d I used to make fake fire emergency posters with notes, and taped it to the wall next to my desk. was never caught. G Reply 1 305 ..

5.

Font - FourRosesVII • 8d 2 Awards I have a lot of freckles on my arm, which would turn lighter if I put pressure on the skin, which gave me an idea. If I used a marker with a similar color as my freckles, I could make dots that formed letters or numbers, and when I pressed my arm just right, the freckles would fade for a second or two, but the ink would remain dark. Couldn't write a lot like this, but enough for notes on more difficult concepts. Never got caught. G Reply 581 ...

6.

Font - alphager · 7d For the german equivalent of the SAT, you get an English-English dictionary for use during the English exam provided by the school. Someone in my year bought the one used by the school, cut the cover off and glued it onto a German- English dictionary. The school found out when they tried to jam 11 books into the shelf-space for 10 books after the exam. The culprit wasn't found. Kind of looking forward to the 20 year anniversary; I want this mystery solved. G Reply 1 192 3 ..

7.

Font - Flip17 · 8d In high school, circa 1996, I somehow obtained the answers to a 20 question test. I proceeded to go to the computer lab and type the answers and then printed them in size 3 font. Then I cut them out and taped them on one side of a white Bic pen. During the test I could roll the pen so the answers weren't visible, and then when I need to look I could tilt the pen slightly and see the answer. I missed two on purpose so the teacher wouldn't figure I cheated. G Reply 529 •..

8.

Font - TX_Frets · 8d 1 Award Not a proctor but I witnessed two students get caught cheating while we were taking exams. One girl wore cheap/thin leggings that were slightly too tight. When she sat down, they would stretch out further and would basically become see-through over her thighs. She had a bunch of equations written on her thighs that one of the proctors noticed as they walked around the testing room. BUSTED. One guy had a bunch of stuff written on the insides of his arms, near his wris

9.

Font - NovelProfessional767 · 7d One of my friends wrote down all the answers on her arm. Her little brother came out thought she had a tattoo and then when the mom checked it was the answers for math. G Reply 1 49 ...

10.

Organism - BerserkBoulderer • 7d Throughout highschool and university I wrote whatever I needed on the inside glass of my watch. Never caught. Smart watches probably ruined this one for the new generation, sadly. As someone with a terrible memory I just viewed this as evening the playing field. G Reply 81 3 ...

11.

Font - nebspeck · 7d Laser pointer on the markerboard with each corner corresponding to the ABCD answers was the most elaborate one l've ever heard of. G Reply 1 28 ...

12.

Font - thevvitchdoctor • 7d Omg. Once when I was proctoring an exam as an undergrad TA, a girl was wearing heavily ripped jeans. She'd written notes on her legs between the rips, like where there was still fabric remaining. I actually was not the one who noticed it, it was a male TA, but I was the one who had to confront her about it as the only female proctor in the room. I'm pretty sure it was her first offense so I think all that came of it was an F in the course, but to this day I remember b

13.

Font - jeffbell · 7d There is a story from CalTech about a physics student who tried to reinterpret the rules for a take home exam. There were some text books that you were allowed to use but the rules mentioned them by the authors' names. It said that they could use "Feynman" so instead of getting Feynman's physics textbook the student went and got Feynman himself. The student suffered through an exhausting exam where Feynman gave the student no answers but asked them lots of questions to lead

14.

Font - mermaidbipolarbear · 7d Summer school 7am-11pm and 1-4pm calculus sessions with the same professor were the same class including the same test. The afternoon class started pooling money and buying the exam notes, including answers, of the morning exam from a very intelligent entrepreneur. He made a killing that summer. The afternoon session aced that class G Reply 1 64 3 ...

15.

Smile - AlternativeEducator8 · 8d Answers written on the inside of a water bottle label. Can see the answers through the water. G Reply 1 48 ...

16.

Font - bigjaymck • 7d Not me, but I once read a story from a kid who was able to get a copy of the (multiple choice) test. The kid was in band and could read sheet music, so he just transcribed the answers to the test as musical notes. When the teacher told them to clear their desks for the test, he put his books on the floor with the sheet music on top. 6 Reply 15 •..

17.

Font - Froggy-of-the-butt · 7d One of my friends worked at the college's test center that we go to and told me about a cheating incident they had. So, a couple of students designed a earpiece that looked like a hearing aide and would speak to another student that would give them the answers. It went on for a couple of months and they were finally caught because the earpiece malfunctioned and the student kept tapping his earpiece bringing the attention of the test center staff. They were expelled

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment