Friday, December 4, 2020

Twitter Thread: Hilariously Dumb Bits Between Partners


If you've ever found someone special to share some time with in this mad world, you've likely participated in carrying on some hilariously dumb but highly addictive bit with your partner. You probably had no idea why you were doing it, and why it was so funny without fail every time, but you continued to do with admirable, stubborn persistence. 

1.

Screenshot - livebloggingmydescentintomadness Follow Sophia Benoit @1followernodad Literally nothing on earth is better than repeatedly doing a bit your partner doesn't like 10:51 PM · 26 Jun 20 · Twitter for iPhone Brona C. Titley @bronactitley · 13h Replying to @1followernodad Whenever my wife mentions being gay, I scream "YOU'RE GAY???!" at her, as if I've just learnt it for the first time ♡ 14 t7 91 3,947 Rich James @richjamo · 20h Replying to @1followernodad Whenever my wife comes into the

2.

Text - C. D. Ford @c_d_ford · 1d Replying to @1followernodad When I'm playing video games I tell my wife I'm dedicating my victory to her and she hates it. Q 14 27 43 2,779 cynthia, she's a really cool dancer @tart.. · 15h v Replying to @1followernodad There's a sign out front of a church facility down the street that has the word "rector" on it. Every time we walk by l yell "Rector? Damn near killed 'er!" and start laughing hysterically 5 27 8 592 Clams Rockefeller @ClamsLaRock · 13h I had a si

3.

Text - Queen Astro Babby Jess @SpicyAstroBa. · 9h Replying to @1followernodad I pretend to be angry and say "I'm going cycling, don't wait up." Then proceed to get on the stationary bike in the living room adjacent to the couch he's sitting on. 27 1 165 Donnacha Bolger @DrDonieBaseball · 20h Replying to @1followernodad My wife HATES the smell of veggie sausages. Whenever I make them I rush into whatever room she's in and use a sausage as a microphone to REPEAL interview her with. It's the corner

4.

Text - Douglas King @douglascodes · 15h Replying to @1followernodad I do "That was the name I used to dance under" bit anytime there is a good phrase. A sign that says "Hot Wax" "That was the name .." An ad for "beef tips." "That was.." White gravy. "That was..." Нeavy cream "That was...." %3D 3 107 Matt Ayling @MW_Ayling · 12h Replying to @1followernodad Whenever I see an RV towing a car I gasp and tell my wife, "good lord look how close that guy is tailgating that RV!" She hates it 68 Burden E

5.

Chin - ABRATHO. IAm TheScott @scottb804 · 13h Replying to @1followernodad I tell my wife more often than I'd like to admit that "P'Il be making a note on your performance evaluation". She hates that. It's been a decade. 27 ♡ 42 Xander King @pastelxbreeze · 16h Replying to @1followernodad I call my boyfriend sport and champ and bud like a midwestern dad because I'm 6 months older than him. He HATES it and then I squish his cheeks and say hes throwing a tantrum and I swear to god I can see his sou

6.

Text - LAPD Tampon Investigations Unit @Ra... · 15h Replying to @1followernodad The only bit my wife really hates is the Borat voice. The best was when she had an appointment with a midwife. I looked her right in the eyes, slipped into the Borat voice, and yelled "Mid-wiiiiyyyfe!" She murdered me. 1 27 2 112 AHR - Wash Yer Hands @ahopeross · 15h Replying to @1followernodad Too many to count. My favourite may be my ongoing gag that every time I'm responsible for something that I deadpan that I th

7.

Screenshot - lacey @lacefaced · 13h Replying to @1followernodad My husband says "gas lamp" in place of "gaslight" on purpose as a form of "gaslamping" me. 27 5 2 310 Jeff The Tweeter @DonJewxote · 15h Replying to @1followernodad Acting like I have no idea what she's talking about midway through a conversation. Works with a person, place, or thing. "Gonna hang out with Jimmy after work" "Cool tell Jimmy I said hi" "Who?" 3 163 L Mitch @L_Mitch23 · 19h Replying to @1followernodad I mix up less and

8.

Text - acab @wherbkat · 12h Replying to @1followernodad My wife is an RN at an ICU in nyc. I started to drive her to work when the pandemic started. When she would put on her mask to get out of the car I would shout "Masquerade!" in the way they do in Phantom of the Opera. Did that for like a month. 27 3 3 153 Char Char Binks @little_lotty · 14h Replying to @1followernodad I like to do this thing when my husband asks me to do something. I put my shirt over my head like a hunchback and say "yes m

9.

Ear - dinosaur dumps @FaaipMusic · 12h Replying to @1followernodad I've been sending my wife this photo for weeks 35

10.

Text - Lindsay Lee Wallace @lindsaywallace · 22h Replying to @1followernodad It's this kind of opinion that enables people like my partner to do things like constantly pretend that a faceless man from another dimension is standing in the corner of our room making custard, and frankly I won't stand for it 1 63 Hummus @hummus_tea · 11h This is such an amazingly specific bit I can't help but applaud them for it 1 27 11 Lindsay Lee Wallace @lindsaywallace · 10h yeah his name is The Bellhop and he ha

11.

Text - Rhi Meow Replying to @1followernodad Every night when I need to get out of bed (while both awake) I roll over my boyfriend instead of getting out of my side I also get in the same way @Rhimeowmeow · 16h 27 1 O 116 Jamieson Bruce @JamiesonBruce · 15h Replying to @1followernodad Whenever tubas are mentioned around here (this happens surprisingly often), I always make reference to the fact that my SO used to play the tuba. She hates that. Also, she has never played the tuba. 1 157 kenzie @ke

12.

Chin - Daniel Says Abolish Police @DGarraston · 15h Replying to @1followernodad My partner hates puppets, she thinks they're weird and creepy so every now and then when I'm talking to her from the other room, l'll pop my hand around the corner and do the hand puppet thing. GIF ALT 27 1 154

13.

Text - Billy Christ @RedLetrCrusader · 14h Replying to @1followernodad When my wife says anything close to a truism I say, "It's like that old song:" then I make up a twangy country song anout it. If I really want to bug her l'll make up a whole back story about the song. 2 27 2 79 JM @Jamesjr54 · 12h Need examples. For science. 1 27 10 Billy Christ @RedLetrCrusader · 11h The last hit was "You're Gonna Need a Bigger Spatula Than That" by Plumber Eddie and his Set of Pipes, the founder of a short

14.

Text - I purposely mispronounce words like faux and tsunami. I just get glares as she knows I do it on purpose lol dramaro My hubby is a big car enthusiast, specifically Subarus. He does the "Subie Wave" anytime he meets another modified Subaru going down the road. I swear up and down that I've never seen anyone return the wave and that I don't believe it is actually a thing. O purpledefendorprincess s thewillowtree3 My girlfriend is still adamant that haggis don't exist. When she comes to visit

15.

Text - Every time there's a love or sex scene on TV and my wife is in the room, l'll pick one of the kids and say, "That's how you were born." I've also used it during weird scenes, like with the facehuggers in aliens and when Quato first appears in Total Recall. Drives them all crazy. O mikeoliveri S saturdayboy

16.

Text - I tell long elaborate stories with absolute convictions but it's just a convoluted setup to a pun. My wife doesn't believe anything I'm saying anymore until l'm done and she can confirm there was no pun. Also l'll make statements about myself that are completely impossible and get offended that she didn't know. Like she'll say "Oh, let me pop that pimple" and l'll go "Why would you say that!? You know I don't have skin!" PRESS START kneghx S turnoffthestars

17.

Text - My kids and I pretend to fall fast asleep as soon as my husband walks into the room we're in. I mean, awful fake snoring, muffled giggles. Just horrible acting really. And he always pretends we've died a horrific carbon monoxide induced death. werekeepinittogether 3 yespumpkindoodlesthings

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment