Friday, December 4, 2020

Revenge Of The Week: Parents Use Trees To Block Occupancy Permits


Man, it sounds like these rude developers were insistent on being as unreasonable as possible. They clearly underestimated the lengths that folks would be willing to go to, to stop their efforts. The rest is history. Talk about a sweet symphony of pro revenge. If this story of revenge got you going, check out this story where a landlord wouldn't pay for electricity during winter, so the tenant took a nuclear revenge.

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/PhuckingPhabulous • 14h + Join 1 8 1 Parents use trees to block occupancy permits Obligatory, on mobile. So my parents bought their house in the early 90s in a very expensive city. They bought the garbage house on the block & 30 years later it's quintupled in price. This is relevant - my parents live in a very upscale suburb of said expensive city, think San Francisco, New York. The city is run by old ladies who don't allow anything. Drive thrus are not permitted in the sub

2.

Text - Anyways my parents live on a granite hill with a gorgeous view of the valley. This hill is very windy. Imagine my parents have a long rectangular house (mid century to help you imagine) and the hill & street wrap around one end of the rectangle going up hill. The curve is basically a U. There is another shallower curve below us so it's basically an upside down S. Large trucks CANNOT get up their street. They can't make it past the first turn, much less the turn at my folks' house. Mid siz

3.

Text - Okay so to the story - The sweet elderly neighbor above my parents' house passed away a few years back. She had a beautiful well maintained mid century (albeit all original) with a gorgeous view. Not much property but the view is amazing. Of course developers snap it up, not realizing how much of a bitch it is to get permits in this stuck up suburb. That's hurdle #1. Instead of modernizing this gorgeous mid century, the developers of course need to rip it down to the studs and completely

4.

Text - Developer switched to medium large trucks. And started driving over my parents' property. My parents also have a brick mailbox that is part of the fencing. They hit the mailbox so hard it moved the mailbox and the fence. Remember how my parents live on a hill? Yeah that fence is part of the retaining wall. They were also continually doing damage to the edge of my parents property by driving over it. Important part- the trucks were so big, they were hitting one of my parents trees on the t

5.

Text - Welp, fortunately for my parents we have a nosey Nancy Nextdoor who loves to be the neighborhood watchdog (we've known her 30 years, she's polite friends with my parents at this point). Anyways she's big into conservation. Her garden is amazing. She ran into my mom and my mom told her what's happening. She goes, oh just report it to the city. And the plan was hatched. All of the neighbors had a meeting at my parents house (they'd done damage to I think 4 different neighbors at this point)

6.

Text - At this point the new house is almost complete and theyre filing for their occupancy permits. Well the city decides that they can't have their occupancy permits until an arborist goes and checks on my parents' trees! So guess what? They'd done some significant damage to the trees. The city decides to block the permits until the developers have paid for some kind of shit with the trees (sorry I can't remember the details, I'll have to ask my dad). Also they have to repair all the mailboxes

7.

Text - Long story short, it took them 1.5 years to finally get the occupancy permit. The house then sat on the market for another 2 years (overpriced and ugly and a 'party house' built in a wealthy suburb on a street with no parking?). My parents think they took a huge loss on that development based just on property taxes alone. Karma. Edit: my dad reminded me that since they did damage to the retaining wall, they also had to send an engineer out to check the damage and they had to pay to rebuil

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment