Saturday, December 26, 2020

People Share What Ruined Their Christmas


Christmas can really take it out of you. If you have uncooperative family members, forcing everyone into the same room with a whole lot of expectations and spiked eggnog can be a recipe for a real bad Christmas. There were a lot of reasons to have a bad Christmas, and it can be way worse than just getting a weird gift.

1.

Text - Itsallover_ 1.7k points · 12 hours ago · edited 1 hour ago I work at an airport and we have to have a badge that lets us in the gates, tarmac, etc. Lost it, lost my drivers license, and my United Airlines I.D badge.

2.

Text - Toren8002 1.2k points · 13 hours ago I'm highly allergic to dogs. My entire extended family loves dogs. To be fair, this is what ruins my Christmas nearly every year.

3.

Text - itsabeautifulsky 1.0k points · 12 hours ago My dad is a mail carrier and has been having to work 12 hour days ever since cyber monday. Forced to work overtime, on sundays, etc. People at the post office are literally working 80 hour weeks. They're constantly there sorting packages literally 24 hours a day. I know it's silly to complain about having too much business, but the mail service workers are severely overworked in this season. It's not much fun to celebrate a holiday that makes yo

4.

Text - clarice-mstarling 227 points · 8 hours ago Had a fight with my grandma and aunt where they kept telling me that I am being brainwashed at university and they are proud of themselves for only finishing high school, otherwise they would be idiots like me. Fun times as usual.

5.

Text - enormoussolid 351 points · 7 hours ago Doctor here I worked Christmas day which is fine, but what wasn't fine was a patient who came in pretending to have pain and telling us that opiates and benzos are the only thing that work for her. To really play up the 'pain' she screamed at the top of her lungs. For 3 hours straight. When we finally managed to make it particularly clear that we weren't giving her drugs she suddenly didn't have pain anymore and stopped screaming, stood up, and storm

6.

Text - 37-pieces-of-flair 198 points · 10 hours ago edited 1 My sister. Spent a LOT of time praising herself for the gifts she got everyone. Wash, rinse, repeat. For f*ck's sake, it was 3 boxes of Peeps marshmallow candy and a stuffed Peeps duck that you found at Goodwill. That you gave to a 71 year-old man. It's not a goddamn kidney transplant!! I should've just chugged a bottle of wine before we even opened gifts.

7.

Text - xClovis7 32.3k points · 13 hours ago & 3 2 My cousins got a mini bounce house and it popped with like 10 kids inside all under 8. The amount of crying broke my eardrums

8.

Text - emlovescoffee 23.5k points · 11 hours ago 2 S My mother in law tried to feed my eldest child mango, which she's been allergic to for the past 11 years. My eldest said "what are you doing??!! Grandma I'm allergic!" Grandma said "it'll be okay, it's Christmas." Um, no. Food allergies don't take Christmas off you idiot.

9.

Text - KyooTeaPie 19.4k points · 11 hours ago Me. Was invited to a lovely dinner by my boss with his extended family. Everything went amazingly well, even though I was nervous. I didn't drink anything due to medications, yet still managed to vomit profusely all over his car when he was giving me a ride home.

10.

Text - roboticsandhookers 13.1k points · 14 hours ago 3 A Everyone forgot I'm allergic to nuts.

11.

Text - enternameher3 12.6k points · 10 hours ago 2 A... My fiance canceled the wedding

12.

Text - joey_kbt 12.3k points · 13 hours ago O S My cousin stole my $250 and once she got caught said: "But I need it and OP (Me) is too spoiled anyways." She then proceeded to get half of it after crying a fit and refused to give it back until she got some and after all that I still don't know why her parents don't punish her since there actually half decent.

13.

Text - kingOWisco 11.3k points · 14 hours ago 3 2 Awar... Got the flu. Shit my way to Xmas morning

14.

Text - easilybored1 9.7k points · 13 hours ago I got my boyfriend a model kit. He called it cheap and said it probably wasn't even worth his time to assemble and then told me later on not to let it discourage me from buying things.

15.

Text - babaeatlalaki 8.9k points · 13 hours ago The power went off and never came back on. We had Christmas dinner at McDonald's. All the food was ruined.

16.

Text - jmp_jsp 6.8k points · 13 hours ago 3 Everyone caught the flu. No one was spared. One by one my family members are falling ill and all of their post Christmas plans are crumbling like so many gingerbread cookies.

17.

Text - 12 hours ago · edited 4 hours a KnotHopeless 5.7k points Found out my family actually had a Christmas party. A few days ago I got a card and directions to a charity dinner, I figured that was their way of telling they weren't doing anything this year. Apparently it was actually their way of telling me I wasn't invited.

18.

Text - everybodylovesmemore 4.7k points · 13 hours ago · edited. My brother picking a fight with my sister over who won WWII. He was wrong and she refused to agree with him. We left when he started yelling. My sister has a degree in political science and her teaching credential in World History and Geography.

19.

Text - OhioMegi 4.6k points · 13 hours ago It was suggested that I drive 4 hrs round trip to pick up my grandmother for the day. We live the furthest away and I guess I can spend all that time doing it because I'm single with no kids. Luckily my mother shot that down, but it pisses me off just thinking about how it's fine for me, but not other family that's in the same fucking town.

20.

Text - Ohm_B 3.8k points · 14 hours ago Great aunt got deported, and I got a fucken cup stuck in my garbage disposable.. like wtf

21.

Text - Dopecombatweasel 2.6k points · 13 hours ago My child yeeted a brand new nintendo switch controller into the wall by accident trying to shake it to fling super mario's hat in Odyssey.

22.

Text - MaximumPlant 2.3k points · 14 hours ago Family, thank god I had to work it was a nice escape

23.

Text - mrsstressedmom 2.1k points · 13 hours ago My 5 year old looked at all his Christmas presents 3 days before Christmas, and the dog peed on the tree, which also got on many gifts.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment