Saturday, December 5, 2020

Man Tries To Scam Hotel, Hotel Squashes Attempt With Camera Evidence


Man, the people in this world that try to lazily pull fast ones on the hard working folks in the customer service industry, are something else. This guy was certainly in over his head when he tried to collect a refund from a hotel with a crappy excuse. He wasn't ready for them to have the camera evidence to debunk his little scam. Nice try, bud. 

1.

Blue - E r/TalesFromTheFrontDesk u/mstarrbrannigan • 192d + Join 1 When a scammer thinks they know the tricks Long Just before 2pm I checked in a guy. Normal check in, nothing noteworthy. Just before 3pm he returns, keys in hand. I think nothing of it, we call them "boom boom rooms." Except when I get to the window to collect the keys, he tells me there was an issue with the room. He thinks the shower was leaking because the floor in the bathroom was all wet.

2.

Text - Okay, sorry about that. Let me call maintenance. I start to step away, and he starts saying that it actually just looks like someone got water all over the floor and housekeeping didn't clean it. Well, I know the housekeepers and I know a fuck up like that just ain't gonna happen. So I tell him l'm going to have maintenance come be sure because we don't mess around with water leaks. Even though I was already starting to see red flags. I step away to make the call before he can say anythin

3.

Text - So I finish the call and go back to the window. I ask him if he wants to stay in that room, or if he'd like to switch. Actually, he wants a refund for the issue. I apologize and say in this case I can't issue a refund more than fifteen minutes after someone has checked in, and it had been an hour since he checked in. We're having maintenance come look at the room, and I offered a different room. That's what I was able to do. He then tells me he was only in the room for fifteen or twenty m

4.

Text - That's leaving out the part where the nearest Doove and Boosters is in the next town over, and there are a number of hotels much closer to it. Again I tell him I can't issue a refund. If he'd like to take it up with the Owner tomorrow he is more than welcome to do so. He reminds me that they have more people coming, and I ask him if he would like his keys back. He would not, he wants a refund so he'll call the Owner tomorrow. He also hands me his business card, and asks me to pass it on t

5.

Text - I scroll back to right when he's checked in, and hit fast forward. About five minutes after he checked in, he heads into the room with a girl he was not with at check in. The Owner returns while I'm fast forwarding to see when they left the room. There is nothing wrong with the shower. It's obvious though that both the bed and shower have been used. The couple leave the room forty minutes after they entered, not the fifteen to twenty minutes the guy had claimed. The Owner asks me to pause

6.

Text - So I hit play in order to switch from forward to backward and we hear them laughing on the camera, because oh yes dear reader, the camera has a microphone. So I scoot the video back far enough so he can get a look at their faces. We hear them talking, not saying much of anything of significance. Then we hear, "I'm going to go get a refund haha [inaudible as he laughs and moves away from camera]." No you're fucking not. Update: He did not call today, and the Owner didn't call him. I strong

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment