Sunday, December 20, 2020

Incompetent Manager Forbids Overtime, Totally Backfires


There's no feeling quite like proving your manager wrong while also leaving them in a tight situation they orchestrated themselves. How often do you get to be right and have no strings attached? For another one, here's the time incompetent managers fired their all star employee.

1.

Text - Posted by u/HeyPesky 10 hours ago S 9 8 11 "sorry, you revoked my overtime privileges yesterday" oc s This was several years ago when I worked at a [redacted big name] coffee shop. My shift was 5am-1:30pm, and often around 1pm giant groups of kids on school field trips would come through the area (this was a coffee shop located in a major CA city, very close to a bunch of museums). I had been working a lot of overtime because of it, to help my coworkers through the rush.

2.

Text - I got written up by my supervisor for doing to0 many overtime shifts without approval. I was explicitly informed to not work overtime again, I had lost overtime privileges until corporate deemed I could have them again, and working overtime again prior to that would result in further disciplinary action.

3.

Text - The day after I was written up, right as my shift ended, 3 big buses FULL of kids unloaded and filled the shop. At 1:30pm on the dot my watch alarm went off and I went to go clock out. The store manager who wrote me up the day prior said, "wait where are you going?" I reminded her that I'd lost my overtime privileges, clocked out, retrieved the shift drink I'd made for myself right before the rush, and left. The next day I was informed my overtime privileges had been re-instated...

4.

Text - jpcog Score hidden · 13 hours ago · edited 12 hours ago Ah yes, the joys of incompetent management. Good job teaching them a lesson.

5.

Text - BanditFoo Score hidden · 12 hours ago "Who do you think you are? helping out coworkers and doing more work than you should?" -your manager probably

6.

Text - happyredditgifts Score hidden · 13 hours ago It was only the right thing to do after they wrote you up like that without even studying why you had to go on overtime.

7.

Text - Wowiejr Score hidden · 10 hours ago The correct response would have been to sit and finish your drink as slow as possible inside the store watching the $h!t storm go down. НеуPesky Score hidden · 9 hours ago A tempting idea, but there were like 3 dozen high schoolers in the store I needed to get out

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment