Sunday, December 20, 2020

Husband Uses Christmas Gift Early, Wife Catches Him


It sounds like when this husband got caught red-handed he tried to deflect his self-created predicament back onto his wife. His very wife that was loving enough to invest her resources in a meaningful, generally badass Christmas gift. When you get caught like he did the best course of action is to just own up for your mistake, and not try to deny what you did. That only makes it worse. 

1.

Text - WIBTA for returning my husbands Christmas present after he snooped, opened and started using it? Not the A-hole Just as a start up I would like to say that he literally went digging to find the gift. I hid it in our attic in a tote of summer clothing, which he literally never gets into. He never steps foot in that attic because he is terrified of spiders.

2.

Text - So, anyways, my husband has been saying for months that the only thing he wanted for Christmas was a VR headset. Hes wanted one since they came out with them so it's been a hot minute that hes been obsessed with these rigs. So when I found the VR he wanted on Black Friday for $200 less than the original asking price, I immediately bought it. When I got home with the gift, he was in the garage so I quickly ran the item to the attic and hid it. The item was still in the box, in the bag, wit

3.

Text - When I was in the attic my husband came inside and yelled up the stairs to ask what I was doing and I told him I was sifting through stuff to see if I had any extra snow pants for a friend (which she had asked me for the day prior). He didnt question it, at that point. However, he must have felt something was up because when I left for work the next day, he found the gift after he went snooping. I came home early from work due to them scheduling too many people on and when l returned I fo

4.

Text - I was so pissed off and upset about this. Not only did he ruin the surprise but I didnt get to see his fucking face light up when he opened it, which I had been looking forward to. As soon as he heard me clear my throat he ripped the headset off and said something like "Oh, you're home early. I found this and wanted to test it out before you gave it to whoever you bought it for." I will admit that me immediately starting to cry was over the top excessive. I was just extremely bummed out.

5.

Text - A_BEAVER_HAUSEN • 1d • Asshole Enthusiast [9] 3 5 Awards I thought it was for your brother!! Does your husband always treat you like he thinks you're the village idiot? Tell him, you snoop, you get poop. NTA Reply 4.3k ...

6.

Text - ladyk1487 • 1d "I thought it was for someone else so I opened it and set it up under my name." Yea and l'm giraffe with 16 legs and the president of the US. NTA give it to your brother. Also don't let him gas light your feelings. You have every right to be upset and react in the way you did. Reply 605 3 + •..

7.

Text - cyfermax • 1d • Prime Ministurd [446] NTA. Imo, it's worse if he thought it was for someone else. Why would he think your brother should get a used gift? Of course, that's not what he thought - he knew it was for him and just wanted to use it. Still an asshole - infact a bigger one for lying about it. # Q Reply 4 502 3 ...

8.

Text - CountingTheRavens • 1d • Asshole Enthusiast [7] 1 Award NTA. And honestly his response would piss me off even more, because he's trying to shift the problem from himself to you - "Well yeah, I opened the game, but you overreacted like crazy. Jeez, what is your problem?" Return it and get him $200 worth of socks, in the VR headset box. But make sure you hide the box again, just to see what happens this time. Reply 8.8k 3 ...

9.

Text - queenoreo • 1d • Supreme Court Just-ass [105] NTA. It's even worse that he "thought it was for someone else so I tested it". Who plays with someone else's gift? l'd never put that much effort into a gift for him again. He ruined your gift by being a greedy child. Q Reply 609 ...

10.

Text - Ciecie33 • 1d• Certified Proctologist [24] 4 Awards NTA - but your husband certainly is a world class asshole. He knew the gift was for him. At least, he better have known because in opening an electronic item, that makes it unreturnable (at the very least - it would have a return fee). And, who wants a pre- opened gift? Everyone knows when an electronic item has been opened ! He is such a jerk for opening it and playing with it (knowing that Christmas was coming). And, to top it all off

11.

Text - hannahsflora • 1d • Asshole Aficionado [19] 57 Awards NTA. You know this, but your husband is lying. He DIDN'T think it was for your brother - he knew it was for him. Those VR headsets require you to either set up a new account or link an existing one, so by his own story, he took your brother's gift and just put all of his own shit into it? Come on. He knows he fucked up, but is trying to deflect back on you by making you feel bad for your reaction. And by the way, given this exact set-u

12.

Text - esmoves • 1d • Asshole Enthusiast [6] NTA. He is a real ass. So he claims he thought it was for your brother and proceeded to open it and use it,... First of, this is a lame excuse. Second, you don't open packages and use stuff that is a presentator some one else. I would return it. And I might not get him any other present for the rest of the year. Why bother? He has zero respect for presents. All Christmas is ruined now. I might even be so upset I would go to my parents or friends to ce

13.

Text - dumpsterfireofalife • 1d • Partassipant [3] NTA. I'd the do the same. And who the fuck opens someone else's gift to play it because he wants one. He did this knowing it was a gift for him. Take it the fuck back. I don't think you crying was over the top. l'd calmly go in. Put it all back in the box tell him you're going to the store with it and leave. Get him to understand he fucked up. He's an adult he should know better. + Reply 115 •..

14.

Text - medusas_tits • 1d You're NTA but I think that pretty much all these suggestions are immature AF. Talk with him and let him know how this made you feel and explain that actions have consequences and that he can now buy his own headset. If you follow these other suggestions, you're not communicating and can add to this tension. E Q Reply 215

15.

Text - Practical_Heart7287 • 1d • Certified Proctologist [24] 1 Award NTA at all but your husband sure is. Could you box it up and hide it really well or even give to a family member to hold on to? Wait and give it to him for his birthday. Go buy underwear and socks and wrap those up in a box in a similar size of the VR headset. Watch his head explode when he opens it and don't say a word. Bonus points if you open gifts on a Zoom call with family so if he would say something about where the VR h

16.

Text - roguechickennugget • 1d • Partassipant [1] NTA. l'd be more mad about the obvious lie. It's one thing to be inconsiderate and impatient, it's another thing to think your spouse is stupid. Who would believe that? Who tests other people's gifts? "I'm sorry. I found it and I was just so excited, I didn't even think." Not that hard. I wouldn't take it back. Truthfully, it's already got his cheetodust fingerprints and forehead sweat on it. Don't buy him anything else, though. Q Reply 54 <5 ...

17.

Text - Luna-Strange • 1d • Certified Proctologist [21] NTA. Even if he really thought it was for your brother he never should have opened the boxes. Reply 1 25 +

18.

Text - marthamania • 1d NTA but your husband is. Either he's blatantly lying and knows it's his gift (obviously he does), or he just opened a Christmas gift for someone else just so he could play it. Reply 38 3 ...

19.

Text - Persimmon_Puree • 1d • Partassipant [2] NTA. Aren't gifts given by the giver? A grown adult couldn't wait a couple weeks for a major (and wholly recreational) gift from their SO? Your husband sounds like TA just based on the fact that he felt completely entitled to "test out" someone else's gift and take away their moment of unboxing/opening plastic/etc. I'd return it and get him something else. The system will now always remind you of this bullshit every time you see it. Q Reply 35 5 +

20.

Text - SweetDangus• 1d NTA. You could absolutely return it, however.. doing that may start something really unpleasant for both of you. This isn't suggest sitting down with him and explaining to him how much this hurt you, why it hurt you, and your disappointment in him. You have every right to return the gift, bc he was a total child and an asshole, but this could turn into an explosive ordeal. I really do think talking about it would help.. if it doesn't help and he is still acting like a mass

21.

Text - sergeantsexxy • 21h YWBTA. Yeah he shouldn't have snooped. Yeah it sucks. Maybe he knew it was his. But why would you return it because he "ruined the suprise for you?" To return it would just be petty. Just wrap it up and make him wait till Christmas still. Move past it and let him know how annoyed you are by what he did. Maybe threaten if he ever does that again you will return the item. Reply 5 3 ...

22.

Text - GraviTeaTime• 1d NTA. He ruined what was supposed to be a heartfelt gift because he's impatient and can't respect boundaries. IfI were you, l'd go along with his lie, thank him for testing it, and then give it to your brother as a gift from both of you. Petty and assholish, but damn would it be satisfying to let his lie bite him in the ass. É QReply 4 10 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment