Sunday, December 20, 2020

Dad Pulls Innocent Prank On Kid, Police Misinterpret Prank, Fail Ensues


This is definitely one of those situations where everything just added up in a way that made the surface level appearance of the situation look way more sketchy than it actually was. Actually, it wasn't sketchy at all. Dad was just playing around, and the police ended up mistaking him for some kind of evil kidnapper. Certainly anything but the typical day of dropping your kid off at school. 

1.

Blue - r/tifu + Join u/battlerazzle01 • 15h 20 17 3 25 E 20 TIFU by embarrassing my kid and involving the police L An actual TIFU, this happened this morning. Key preliminary backstory: on thanksgiving, my youngest played smashy smash with my phone, damaging the sound chip connected to the microphone, rendering phone calls impossible on my phone. Can't hear people, people can't hear me, just doesn't work unless connected to Bluetooth. Does LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE except phone calls.

2.

Text - Key secondary backstory: my fiancees van has a Bluetooth stereo, that doesn't like syncing to phones occasionally and will just not respond to the call option, so even if the phone was working properly, it still MIGHT not work when connected to Bluetooth if the van was feeling moody My 9 year old stepdaughter, who will henceforth be referred to as Squid, had an eye appointment this morning. So she was to go to school late, once the appointment was over. Squid specifically requested that I

3.

Text - So come 9:45, were moseying our way to her appointment. The stereo is connected to my playlist, and we're just flipping through songs. Now sometimes, I like to play older music, or just weird music that the kids don't like. And then I like to over dramatically sing along in the most embarrassing way possible because it's funny. And on comes The Sign by Ace Of Base. Her distaste for the song is almost immediate, and my need to rub it in (in good fun) was strong. So I cranked it up and star

4.

Text - Well the police officer in the parking lot at the light who say this, did not think it was fun, and deemed it as a threat. So as we proceed through the intersection, he lights me up and pulls me over. I at first thought maybe I blew a red light, so I turn down the music, tell Squid to chill out and pulled over in the nearest parking lot. When he used the PA to tell me to turn off the vehicle and step out of the vehicle, I quickly realize that this is not about rolling a red light. Hands o

5.

Text - Myself, my fiancée and Squid all have different last names. Remember how my phone doesn't make phone calls? Can't call my fiancée. Explain the phone issue to the cop, he doesn't understand because I already said it was connected playing music. Remember how the van stereo gets moody? Yeah, it's in a mood now so the cop thinks I'm lying. Other officer tries to call my fiancée from his phone, she isn't answering. Even more suspicious. But the initial officer and the officer questioning me ar

6.

Text - Then, Squid said the smartest and dumbest thing imaginable. "No you listen! Call my dad!" So they get my phone for dads cell number. Dad answers the phone. Officer starts explaining the situation and obviously dad is worried but as the explanation unfolds, I can hear him laughing and he says "was the stereo blasting too?" The police has now gotten his confirmation that all is well in the land of oz, this was not a kidnapping, and everything is fine. We're free to go, now 20 minutes late f

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment