Saturday, October 24, 2020

IT Guy Takes Revenge On Sleazy Brokers


We love a good old IT revenge. Especially when it involves some shady brokers that took their IT guy for granted, as they ran their firm like a candy store, and ultimately learned IT guy was absolutely crucial. Plus, the fact that they ended up having to pay another guy on contract basically a year's worth of IT guy's salary was truly the icing on the cake. 

Check out some more juicy IT revenge drama with this story about a military IT guy getting back at a meathead mercenary with an epic revenge.

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/Floridatrashburner • 2y Lie, Cheat, Layoff and Gamble with our wages, enjoy no IT department. Lurker finally coming out to share. Years back, I worked as the IT Director for a small brokerage firm. These types of places try to run lean so I was also the ONLY IT personnel. I took the job, but was a bit under-qualified if I am being truthful. The reason they gave it to me was because I was young, and they thought they could underpay me. They were right, it was 10k more

2.

Text - I struggled and had to do an endless amount of learning on the job, but I made huge improvements. The day to day was sketchy there. We only had 5 employees, supporting the 4 partners and the 70+ brokers. Brokers didn't really work there, they rented a desk for a percentage, so they didn't care how many brokers there were on staff. There were a couple of gems, but ultimately we were understaffed because they looked at full time employees like we were stealing from them. They made us work l

3.

Text - One partner would take money from broker commissions and go to Vegas with it. If he lost the money, we are talking 100k+ per trip. He would just let the brokers know there is a hold from the bank and their commissions are coming in slow. Another broker asked me straight up how to hide his affair from his wife. Another had me come to his house on company time and install some audio/video equipment after hours, without paying me. When I came on board, they were 10 years out of date on techn

4.

Text - Then the partners started doing REALLY sketchy stuff. They had me open employee exchange mailboxes and run mail queries on email addresses, turns out they were lawyer email between the lawyer and their client, a broker or employee. They had me do this all the time for anyone. I would have to collect it all then they would fire them and keep their clients. It is illegal in the brokerage firm to look at them, I didn't know that at the time. They somehow convinced a lending company to merge

5.

Text - I found out the plan was to fire everyone from the firm and just steal the name and the client list. They had only been there a few months. Long enough to learn their business. I also found out they were gonna fire me now that everything was more reliable. Guess how I found out? During an email query one of the partners had me do on another partner.

6.

Text - So, the ONLY nice people at this shit-hole were getting locked out of their offices over the weekend, I was getting fired now that I had essentially made myself redundant, in their mind. Well, let me tell you about the red folder. The red folder was locked in my file cabinet. It contained every password for admin access to every system. It also contained the fireplan, or downtime plan of every system in the company. My boss didn't really understand why we needed one, and he never really l

7.

Text - I told them that I was quitting and not to mention me. He said he understood, and thanks. I changed the only other admin password that my boss had access to. I shredded the red folder. T emailed my resignation. They begged me to come back. They offered me a 30% pay bump. They said they were shocked I was so disloyal. I heard years later from a secretary that worked there at the time it took them 4 months to get all systems under control again. They had to use a contractor they had relied

8.

Text - tldr; A group of sleazy brokers run their firm like a candy store. They eat up anyone nice and good and shit them out while stealing and cheating. They planned to fire me afterI made improvements to their infrastructure in IT. Well good luck getting anything working again with no passwords. Dummy Account 6.5k 254 1 Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment