Saturday, October 24, 2020

Boyfriend Gets Kicked Out For Raging Around The House


Man, based off the context we've been provided it sounds like this boyfriend was emotionally stunted and completely lacking in the adulting/motivated category. Dude lost his job, fell into a pit of endless gaming sessions, and then stunk up the atmosphere of his home environment by pitching hysterical fits whenever he would lose, or be called out for his ridiculous behavior. The folks that replied to this AITA seem to be in collective agreement that the girlfriend's decision was well warranted. 

1.

Text - AITA for kicking my boyfriend out during a pandemic and calling his mom to come get him? Not the A-hole I (30f) let my bf 'Jesse' (39m) come live with me and my niece/nephew (who I have custody of) a year before this pandemic mess (so he moved in around the start of 2019, but we'd been dating since 2016). I own a modest 3 bedroom home (left to me by my mom) that I have to pay all utilities/property tax/etc on. No mortgage thank god but everything else I pay.

2.

Text - His lease was coming to an end soon and we'd decided he'd come live with us for a year to see if we'd work out as a married couple. I'd discussed it with my niece and nephew and they were alright with it (since it was a test). Things went well for most of 2019, he paid for part of the utilities and helped around the house. But long story short he lost his job at the end of 2019 and didn't try looking for a new one (he said he was but I don't see how he had time between his day long gaming

3.

Text - I talked to him and told him he couldn't act that way in my house. He got all teary and apologized and did better...for a Week. Then he was right back to his shit behavior. It freaked my niece and nephew out (there's a reason I have custody of them). And around August I finally snapped at him and said if he didn't get his crap together he was gone. He cried and said he was trying and things were so hard right now and he basically guilted me into feeling bad for him. I told him he had one

4.

Text - .nothing changed. He took a shower but kept up the gaming, the rage quitting, not looking for a job, everything. Well one month after that I told him I was done and he needed to get out that day. He turned on the water works again but I was done so I called his mom to come get him. She came around (she could hear him sobbing in the background I'm sure) and it was a Huge Fucking Scene. Turns out he'd been lying about having a job. She shamed him into getting up and packing everything of hi

5.

Text - I just sent a detailed message about everything that happened to the group discord all our mutual friends chat on. I didn't spare a single detail and even told them if they didn't believe me to callI his mom, she knows what's up. I'll see what they have to say. Edit Two: Well one of our mutual friends heard my side of the breakup (YES we are broken up now) and went to go talk to him and she grilled him over text about what he said/what I said and he eventually broke down and admitted he'd

6.

Text - Our friends aren't amused, and all of them apologized to me (both in the chat and via call) for jumping the gun without hearing my side first. I've forgiven them but let them know having them treat me like that without even seeing what I had to say first hurt a lot since I tried for months to get Jesse to get help but he refuses. Things are better on the friend front but Jesse keeps trying to private message me and I haven't looked at any of them, honestly I just don't want to talk to him

7.

Text - WasureOG • 22h NTA. He should've respected you and your home more. Pandemic or not, behaving this way, especially in front of children, is a no go. Reply 1 2.1k ...

8.

Text - mckinnos • 22h • Judge, Jury, and Excretioner [395] NTA. Don't feel bad about your behavior for a second. He's an immature baby. I can't believe he's almost 40. Reply 1 12.6k ...

9.

Text - Bubbly-Manufacturer • 22h • Asshole Aficionado [11] NTA thank goodness you got rid of him OP. Don't take him back. He can go live with his mommy permanently if he wants to act like that. And I hope he still isn't your bf. Reply 1 325 ...

10.

Text - Flippn_Freddy • 22h NOPE NTA He shouldve been given the boot earlier! Especially for his behavior that scared the children Hes just embarrassed his mom found out hes been a leech off a single mom for so long. And he doesn't want his friends to know either that he essentially acts like a toddler all day. Reply 3.3k

11.

Text - mosiac_dreams • 22h • Partassipant [1] NTA. Your friends are idiots. This guy is ALMOST 40. While it's clear he's probably dealing with severe depression, he was also aggressive, manipulative, and a liar. You were kind to give him a month. Reply 1.1k ...

12.

Text - ItsGoodToChalk • 22h • Asshole Enthusiast [9] NTA! No way! It sounds like you looked forward to sharing your house and life with an equal, instead you got a third child. Who acted more like a child than the actual children. Reply 274 ...

13.

Text - primeirofilho • 22h • Partassipant [1] NTA. The guy wasn't doing anything. Even if he wasn't working, he should have been helping out around the house. Having rage issues while gaming and scaring the rest of the household is unacceptable at any age. Reply 137 ...

14.

Text - Dragnkat • 20h so NTA! Best laugh I've had all day!! I lived with/married one of those...for 15 years I put up with the lying, "not my fault" on every lost job, pawning my stuff to get beer $$ cause I wouldn't give him what we didn't have, raising 2 young kids (worst SAHD dad ever, couldn't even do laundry, cook dinner, dishes) all while I worked over 40 hours. I love that you called his mom and she just packed his stuff lololol! I threw him out in 2003...STILL living with parents and une

15.

Text - MoFun06 • 22h • Asshole Enthusiast [6] NTA I suspect he embellished quite a bit when he told his side of the story. Good riddance! Im sorry you didnt get rid of him sooner. I had a friend flip out on me once during a vacation and I flew back home and ended contact with her. It took 4 years, but she flipped out again and how her entire family and the remnents of friends that she has have seen how awful she is. Reply 52 ...

16.

Text - CakeisaDie • 22h • Supreme Court Just-ass [106] NTA Good job and good job his mother. Reply 43 ...

17.

Text - wind-river7 • 22h • Pooperintendant [67] NTA. Good thing that you were able to get him out without going the eviction route. I agree with the other posters, don't let this guy back into your house for any reason. Reply 45 ...

18.

Text - advait2701 • 22h • Partassipant [4] NTA. You did the best for your niece and nephew. There is a history behind that, which there is no need to tell, but it seems bad if you have custody, and they are your first priority, not some lazy A 39 year old man who is raging over video games. And he isn't paying rent anymore so yea. Reply 34 ...

19.

Text - Oliviarose85 • 22h • Partassipant [1] It's not like you kicked him out with nowhere to go. He was emotionally all over the place, not contributing financially or physically around the house, and your first priority are those children, who he was starting to scare. It was a trial run, and clearly didn't work. You told him what would happen if he didn't get his shit together and he didn't. Tough shit. NTA. I'm damn proud of both you and his mom. Sorry your friends don't like it, but l'm sur

20.

Text - Amythist35 • 21h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [40] NTA you ggmave him chance after chance and your friends can financially support him for the better part of a year while he games all day and screams whenever he loses. The thing is even if he couldn't work he could cook clean watch over the kids be an asset. But what he actually was was a leach he took took took and got mad at you when you were done. Let the people who sympathize know the truth and if they still give you shit tell them to suppor

21.

Text - ambeltz32 • 17h NTA! My ex who was just like this, was pissed because I came home early to surprise him and spend the rest of the day together. Well I open out apartment door as he was heading out and he say, "what the hell are you doing here?" I said well I think I live here, but anyways, I said if you're going out I can come and l'll get us some dinner. Oh no that wasn't allowed. I should have known because who gets all dressed up and smelling good to go across the street and pay a bill

22.

Text - Parisvillecameo • 21h NTA. At almost 40 years old he's complaining about you embarrassing him in front of his mommy who he's been lying to? This is a major problem. Reply 8 ...

23.

Text - MagentaHigh1 • 18h NTA, He acted like a child, you called his mommy. He should be embarrassed. Reply ...

24.

Text - APotatoPancake • 20h • Partassipant [3] NTA. "He told our friends and they said I was heartless for kicking him out mid-pandemic." He makes it sound like it's a zombie apocalypse out there and you fed him to the horde. Reply ...

25.

Text - ProbablyNotADuck • 17h • Partassipant [4] NTA. Sure, he pandemic is hard and intimidating to try to find a job during... but you said he lost his job in 2019. That means he had some of 2019, as well as nearly three months of 2020 that he could have been out there looking for something. However, he chose not to. And he chose not to do anything again and again and again every time you spoke to him. He also failed to assist in basic chores around the house. He absolutely was not pulling his

26.

Text - Throwthisaway2020wah • 21h • Partassipant [4] NTA- you gave him sooooo many chances to make easy ass changes. Simple things were all you were asking for. He is The AH. Reply Vote ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment