Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Well-Meaning Boob Waters Fake Plants for Months


This person thought they were doing a great job of keeping their succulents alive until they had to be told their thumb wasn't so green after all. Apparently this is a pretty common occurrence? At least it still looks nice. Either way, there are loads of instances where people realize obvious stuff way too late.

1.

Text - O r/tifu - Posted by u/Rashional3 1 day ago TIFU by watering plastic succulents S I've always found it nice to keep some succulents by the windowsill. They are easy to care for and add a little greenery to my room. Back in October I decided to spend $20 on a set of 4 small succulents. When they arrived, I organized them carefully on my windowsill as planned.

2.

Text - I know succulents don't need much water, so I'd only water them once every 3 or so weeks. I found it odd that the water did not really disintegrate into the soil, instead floating as a little pool at the top, but I figured they were just small and didn't need much water. I left school for a month over Christmas break and was worried how my succulents would hold up without water. Much to my delight, when I came back, they looked as healthy as the day I bought them! How resilient of a plant

3.

Text - I continued watering the succulents for months - each month giving just that right amount of water that would float at the surface of the soil like a pool and then disintegrate. I must be doing a great job, I thought, because they still look great 8 months after purchase. I took real internal pride in my little succulents. Until the day my girlfriend told me they were fake.

4.

Text - "These are plastic!" she said when she tried to water them for me for the first time. "Look, if you look closely you can see the glue." "Wait.. what?" After a quick moment of introspection, I thought back to all the evidence. I confirmed on amazon that they are indeed "realistic-looking artificial". Smh. TL;DR: I bought plastic succulents and watered them for 8 months until my girlfriend noticed they were plastic.

5.

Text - Sneaky_lass 1.3k points · 1 day ago It's the thought that matters. I mean, you're the embodiment of the meme "he a little confused, but he got the spirit". Consider what has happened as a "training" and try your skills on a real plant next!

6.

Text - ThadisJones 181 points · 1 day ago Hold on a minute I suddenly feel the need to get up and check the zebra plant that's been in my office for the last two years. Edit: It real

7.

Text - scotigirl 36 points · 1 day ago I did the same thing! I bought a small succulent for my dorm room in college and watered it regularly. I was so proud because I can NEVER keep plants alive! Then one day I was reaching for something up high, lost my balance and bumped into my desk which sent the pot crashing to the ground. When I was cleaning up the shards I found that the plant had been super-glued in, and my roommate proceeded to make fun of me even to this day, four years later. They rea

8.

Text - kozmicjanis 90 points · 1 day ago As an adult, with children I seem to have managed to cultivate rather decently for years now, I never did have a green thumb. So imagine the pride and joy I felt over keeping my succulents alive for over six months! Fantabulous! Great job, Me! ..and then my friend's teenage daughter asked why I was watering plastic plants.

9.

Text - Curiousity83 47 points · 1 day ago My dad had the same thing once with mistletoe. He had been spraying them everyday, and he said to me, they really do hold up well after 8 months. I took a closer look and I saw a clear manufacturing line in the middle of the stem. I had to sadly inform him it was plastic... Oe

Submitted by:

Tagged: gardening , plants , FAIL , water , lol , dumb , funny , stupid

No comments:

Post a Comment