Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Factors People Didn't Anticipate about Adulthood


Adult life is a bit of a surprise to everybody. There are things that you expected but still don't enjoy, like paying bills. Then there are other strange things that are hard to expect, like the childishness of other adults, and the realities of dusting. It starts with your first encounter with total BS and just keeps sliding from there. Here are some adult life equivalents of calling the teacher mom.

1.

Text - rchaw 28.4k points · 12 hours ago 3 Dealing with your parents acting like children. Sir_Abraham_Lincoln 8.2k points · 10 hours ago My parents have always acted like children, however as a child I was blind to this. Now as an adult I, I realize how immature and lost my parents actually are.

2.

Text - bebebaker 465 points · 13 hours ago The amount of family get togethers you don't want to go to after you get married.

3.

Text - QuarantineTitans 34.8k points · 15 hours ago The increasing speed of passing years. Having nieces only makes the problem worse. Their age and the perceived number of years past doesn't align at all for me.

4.

Text - coagulatedmilk88 368 points · 14 hours ago Dusting. It never ends.

5.

Text - ShnuckTuck88 277 points · 14 hours ago Dental costs. Not only is it just expensive it is so much more choice. Unlike say a broken arm where you have to get it fixed a chipped tooth or other minor need is on you even the dentist will be like "up to you man". Then on top of that the insurance for dental is just about the worst thing on the planet, it also seems arbitrary. 900 dollar night guard that doesnt actually fix the problem and will likely still lead to major issues in the future sur

6.

Text - slothbarns7 2.4k points · 14 hours ago Having a presentable place, and debating myself on why it matters. It always frustrated me when my parents had a guest over and we had to deep clean the whole house. Like if it's my close friend of 8 years visiting, why do I care what they care about my cleanliness? And yet, every time people are over I find myself cleaning the apartment up for some reason.

7.

Text - DecadenceXO 48.2k points 15 hours ago How often you have to clean to maintain a clean house. philosifer 10.3k points · 12 hours ago Not only clean. Maintenance in general. I just found spot of mold in my garage and have to pull out what feels like half a wall

8.

Text - badninj4 47.6k points · 15 hours ago Back hurting just from sleeping wrong

9.

Text - coltonious 28.3k points 16 hours ago Deciding what to eat for 3 meals a day 7 days a week

10.

Text - scarlett_o_o 25.3k points · 12 hours ago You have to buy insurance but can never use the insurance or else no one will sell you insurance.

11.

Text - swampy13 20.6k points · 14 hours ago Realizing some friends are shitty and you shouldn't be friends with them anymore.

12.

Text - Chaseybabe 19.9k points · 12 hours ago How many adults I actually dislike. When I was younger, I thought my parents liked all our neighbours, all my teachers, all my coaches, etc. I've since found out that they thought most people were morons....kind of like I do.

13.

Text - heyitsbev 16.6k points · 15 hours ago S How expensive lamps are. Mrs-CMR 5.2k points · 15 hours ago And dining room tables!

14.

Text - JonnyWax 15.8k points · 12 hours ago 2 2 Not being able to sleep due to stress. Yet here I lay, exhausted but wide awake. When I was younger I could sleep anytime, anywhere.

15.

Text - ablondedude 12.3k points · 12 hours ago The endless teeny tiny implications of adult freedom. "You have your own medical insurance plan now, you need to pick a primary care physician." Ok who should I pick? "Up to you" But like where should I start, how do i know which doctor to choose? "Up to you" How do other people find one? "They just pick the one they like" I don't know any of these doctors!

16.

Text - sea_ewe_in_tea 11.0k points · 14 hours ago How quickly fruits and vegetable actually go bad when you buy them yourself

17.

Text - Tired-andsad 2.9k points · 15 hours ago - edited 12 hours ago When your not in school surrounded by your peers, meeting new people and making freinds is much harder and in many cases almost impossible. And dating is a whole other ball game. Then again for alot of us that isnt too different from how highschool was anyway

18.

Text - GaryBettmanSucks 1.7k points · 14 hours ago No one else is going to kill that bug

19.

Text - genz027 1.3k points · 12 hours ago Gross pay vs. net pay holy shit

20.

Text - smolspooderfriend 1.0k points · 14 hours ago People rely on you. Both your parents and your kids. You become the filling in a responsibility sandwich and the weight of it is crushing at times.

21.

Text - Aperture_T 699 points · 14 hours ago It's entirely possible to lose your job through no fault of your own.

22.

Text - -EDGAR- 386 points · 14 hours ago · edited 14 hours ago Hangovers. When I would drink a lot during college I would wake up the next and feel totally fine. Thought maybe I was immune to hangovers, then at some point in my late 20s they started to hit me and hit me hard.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment