Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Foreman's Coworkers Get Screwed Over, He Gets Everyone Paid Out


Good for this guy for looking out for his coworkers. Sounds like they got screwed over on some well deserved pay, so the heroic foreman of the story ends up besting a lawyer, and getting everyone properly paid out. Not only that, but it sounds like the whole process left such a positive impact that it changed how the company ran business for going forwards. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/Kingsmanname • 1d Join Got everyone paid out, and one of my proudest moments. So, I used to work for a power line clearing tree service. We did lots and lots of hours of chainsawing all tree species underneath and near powerline during winter and summer and herbicide work in spring. It was grueling work in northern mn with bugs and winters. Especially when you had to walk through feet of snow all day long.

2.

Text - Anyways, I was a Foreman at 20 years old running 8 man crews having to do all the training for new hires. I was pretty confident in the work, even clearing the big trees next to 200k voltage lines. It was part of my forestry and wildfire program to be experienced doing these things. The place I worked at had a really high turnover and was run pretty poorly. All their vehicles had over 240k on them, the machines were always breaking down, and you were away from home 5 days a week for $15 a

3.

Text - This pissed almost everyone off. Especially us young guys because they stuck us the furthest away. After doing some searching, I found some info from the department of labor stating that we should start getting paid from the start of our principle duty or when getting equipment to fulfill our principle duty. With this new information, I got ahold of my general foreman and mentioned what I found out. Of course, like all things there, it was brushed off and never mentioned. After a month of

4.

Text - So fast forward to our next meeting, and as you'd expect, he said he didnt need to pay us out. Me being me, I didnt back down and mentioned l'd have to call the department of labor and open a case to get this resolved. He quickly was taken back and said he'd need to have one more conversation with his council to see for sure. Upon our next meeting, he came back at us with an envelope, inside was a contract and a $1000 check to not bring this up. My coworker and I were pissed and said this

5.

Text - With his choice made, I made the call and began to open a case. The state said that through a loophole, he was in the correct. But by federal department of labor standards, he was not. So the case was opened and the worker said it could take a while for these investigations to be resolved. As we waited for this situation to start, the management very clearly tried pushing me out, making me no longer take company vehicles and never had me stop at the shop instead delegating to other cowork

6.

Text - So in the end, my own research "bested" their lawyer, got me paid out, got tons of other people paid out, and changed how they ran the place for everyone else. Best revenge ever and one of the prouder moments in my life at a very young age. Summary- Worked for a company, lots of people didnt get paid for hours worked, contacted the Federal Department of Labor, bested their lawyer, and got myself and everyone else paid for 2 years of back pay.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment