Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Glorious Tales Of Petty Revenge


The proper petty revenge is a true art form. People hold on to all that pent up frustration and ultimately decide to unleash it in acts of pure pettiness. On the one hand, it's only creating more frustration for someone else, and just further fueling the cycle of anger; but on the other hand, petty revenge just feels so good. These tales of petty revenge might put a smile on your face. 

1.

Text - r/pettyrevenge u/ShotgunSquitters • 4h Join Duct cleaning telemarketers are the worst Short one, but it made me laugh when I did it. I got a call from one of those annoying duct cleaning telemarketers and decided to take revenge. I acted very interested and told him that they were all very dirty after this mornings rain. Then I asked if they come to my house for cleaning or if I have to bring them somewhere to be cleaned. He started asking me about the size of my house and I told him that

2.

Text - r/pettyrevenge Join u/TheEnviormentisdying • 14h 1 Roku, not you. Not very interesting ,but my sisters Roku has been broken for 2 weeks and she constantly complains about it.l decided to do the "nice brother" thing and fix it for her.l asked her if I could borrow it for a second ,but with some slight attitude she says yes.l take it into my room fix it and its good.l come back to give to her and in the middle of me saying "I fix-" she cuts me off and says "Who invited you get out".I immedi

3.

Text - r/pettyrevenge u/uninterestingdream • 322d + Join 2 3 1 I cut my lawn in random directions because it makes my neighbor crazy Neighbor is a retired 70something former preacher or pastor or whatever. He's also a judgmental prick who, despite not living in a neighborhood with an HOA, makes weekly rounds through the neighborhood looking for any minor code violations (things like flowers that are overhanging onto the sidewalk by an inch or two, etc) he can report to the city to get the owners

4.

Text - Anyway, when I get out there, I cut all the grass, but with a focus toward leaving a path that is as baffling as possible. Sometimes I will attempt a checkerboard and then veer off into spirals, other times I will approach with an even more abstract eye. The grass doesn't seem to mind and I enjoy the challenge of thinking of new ways to traverse the lawn. Today I saw my neighbor standing out front with his fuckup grandson that got sent to live with him for some reason. He was complaining

5.

Text - Then he gestured toward my lawn and then made a little spiral gesture while contorting his face in disgust. I don't know exactly what he said, but I imagine he was lecturing him about how if he didn't get his life together he'd end up like me, the neighbor with the weird lawn. Small victories, you know? 13.3k 469 1 Share

6.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + Join u/campbellcns • 209d 1 3 1 I don't need headphones. That's a you problem I was riding on an Uber Pool this morning when an incredibly inconsiderate individual got in the passenger seat. He pulled out his phone and started watching videos at full volume and blasting music. "Do you happen to have headphones?" I asked "No, why would I need headphones?" he responded "Because you're in a car with other people and it's a considerate thing to do not to force everyone else t

7.

Text - r/pettyrevenge u/Kristishere • 248d + Join I kept getting collection calls for someone else, wouldn't stop until I left messages for their CEO and CFO at home I lived in a corporate relocation apartment for 3 months while relocating for a job. I started getting collection calls for the previous occupant almost immediately. They called multiple times a day, it would wake up my kids during naps, after bedtime, weekends, you name it. I started by politely letting them know I wasn't the perso

8.

Text - their corporate officers, etc. I found that the CEO and CFO had very unusual names and quickly discovered they had publicly listed phone numbers. (Yes, it was not a huge bank and this was early 2000's before people were exclusively using cell phones). This was approximately 8 pm on a Sunday night. I called each number explaining that since I kept receiving collection calls from their company in spite of not being the person that they sought, every time they called me, I would call them. L

9.

Text - I Served You Decaf for Two Years Hey Mister Verizon Man, You sold my dad refurbished iPhones and told him they were new. They were Hanukkah presents for my brothers and I. My dad was so mad that you sold him used phones- you lied to him. And he returned them. He returned them and he swore off iPhones, and I didn't get a smartphone until I was eighteen. Mister Verizon Man, I was (nearly) the only one in my class who didn't have an iPhone because of you. And you made my dad very angry on ou

10.

Text - r/pettyrevenge u/Soul_Impact • 210d + Join Roommate kept using my stuff, so I put something into the toothpaste I had this roommate who kept using my stuff in secret. I didn't notice this in the first few weeks, but soon realized , that he has been not only using my toothpaste, but also fragrance, deodorant spray, shampoo and all kinds of stuff from the fridge (ketchup, sauces, etc.). It just didn't make any sense how quickly these different products emptied. He used them more than I did.

11.

Text - One evening I asked him about this. He denied everything with big surprised eyes and swore that he only uses his stuff. So I had to set a trap for him. I chose the toothpaste tube, because it was almost empty, I took a straw and poured a bit of salt inside. Since the toothpaste had already some kind of crystals inside, it was perfect for the salt crystals to blend in the mix. I placed the tube back where it was and waited for him to go brushing his teeth. There he went a bit before midnig

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment