Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Lady Buys Wired Mouse, Is Angry It Isn't Wireless


Tech support has to field some of the least tech-savvy people on the planet, like it's literally their job to help people who can't figure this stuff out. Technology is hard to grasp, but that's becoming less of an excuse when computers have been pretty ubiquitous in homes and offices for going on 30 years now. This difficulty leads to some absolutely absurd moments like people not realizing they're deleting all their files or Karens who try to bluff their way through the system. Sometimes the systems themselves are absurd, like this IT guy who learned a machine was stuck on "explode."

1.

Font - r/talesfromtechsupport - Posted by u/WaffleStomperGirl 18 hours ago What's the point of a wired mouse if my laptop already has one of those? - older lady thinks reality is based on what she wants. Short Working a side gig during Covid and came across a gem of a client. This lady sounded to be in her 50s-60s.

2.

Font - She had bought a new laptop but didn't like the look of the touchpad. So she bought an external wireless mouse to use instead. Fair enough. Well, I asked her if her mouse came with a little Bluetooth receiver. She confirmed it did. I asked if she had plugged it in. She had not. Okay, good, this'll be easy, I figure. I tell her to plug it in and tell me what prompts she sees. She sighs angrily to herself and after a few seconds she tells me nothing came up. I ask her to move the mouse, she

3.

Font - Great! Problem solved! Nope. She continues with "Okay but I don't want this Bluetooth thing connected. What's the point of buying it if it has to be plugged in?" Puzzled for a moment I try to explain that it's simply a reality of wireless mice, as well as a lot of wireless devices with laptops. She continues; “Well that's insane. It's needless! The computer already has one connected. I wanted an unconnected one! Now I have to deal with this Bluetooth lead with it getting in the way consta

4.

Font - Again, puzzled, I ask her what brand wireless mouse she purchased so I can look it up and may get an idea of what she is talking about. She reads the box. And of course it's a wired mouse. That brand doesn't even sell wireless mice. I ask her if the “Bluetooth lead" connects to the mouse physically. She replies with "Yes! That's the problem!" I try to explain that she has bought a wired mouse and that she needs to return it and get a wireless one if that's what she wants.

5.

Font - ... then she starts on with "But why can't you just remove the lead? What's the point of it being wireless if it has the lead?" "It's not a wireless mouse, ma'm" "I'm aware of that and that's what I'm saying is the issue!" "Ma'm. The device you bought is not able to be It was wireless." "Why not?" “... it wasn't built that way. built to have the wire." "That's pointless! The computer already has a connected mouse thing. Why would they sell one that can't be wireless?" ". I don't know. You

6.

Product - hutacars Staplers fear him! 16 hours ago At first I was thinking "well, she has a point. Laptops all have BlueTooth built in these days, so the concept of a separate dongle should really be obsolete by now." But nope, turns out I simply wasn't properly grasping the correct level of dumb.

7.

Font - JustDandy07 16 hours ago How do you tell this type of person, "Your understanding of how this works is completely wrong" without pissing them off? 149 + Reply Share .. ozzie286 16 hours ago It's not possible. Your only hope is to drop the call and hope someone else gets it when she calls back.

8.

Font - YesSpamMaam 15 hours ago · edited 13 hours ago She really thought she gamed the system. Don't buy an actual wireless mouse, just buy one with the wire for cheaper and then not use the wire? Lol

9.

Rectangle - Libriomancer 15 hours ago Look on the bright side: she could have already taken a pair of scissors to the wire and you'd have been troubleshooting a "wireless" mouse that didn't work instead of a "wireless mouse" that did.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment