Sunday, February 28, 2021

Woman Tells Boyfriend She'd Date His Twin


It's a truly puzzling matter as to how this woman's confused about her boyfriend and his twin being upset over her sharing that she'd date her boyfriend's twin. I mean, wildly inappropriate, no? We wish this was nothing more than a poorly constructed joke, but it doesn't appear so. Reddit's moral judges in the AITA community have spoken as well, and are in collective agreement that she was in the wrong. 

1.

Font - AITA for saying I would have dated my boyfriend's twin? My (24 F) boyfriend (25 M) has an identical twin. And I really mean identical. They're almost impossible to tell apart, and they have really similar personalities and interests.

2.

Font - I met my boyfriend at a concert that his twin was supposed to attend. The twin got busy last minute and gave the tickets to my boyfriend. 3 years later (Ilast week), my boyfriend's twin mentioned how crazy it is that my boyfriend wasn't even supposed to be at the place where we met, and how coincidence is wild. I laughed and said that I probably would've started dating the twin since they look so similar and the first topic of conversation that I had with my boyfriend is something the twi

3.

Font - My boyfriend and his twin both got upset. My boyfriend was offended that I was attracted to a guy who looks just like him and is really similar to him. The twin was uncomfortable at the idea that I would be attracted to him, even though l'm literally dating someone who looks just like him. They both have been acting weird around me ever since the conversation. AITA for saying I would date my boyfriend's twin? 1 1.4k , 315 1 Share

4.

Smile - unipride · 1d · Partassipant [1] YTA - as an identical twin myself I would be upset if my partner joked about being with my twin. It's not funny and just an extension of the concept that identical twins must be the same in every way. Reply 1.3k ...

5.

Font - Dszquphsbnt · 1d • Judge, Jury, and Excretioner [349] I probably would've started dating the twin since they look so similar and the first topic of conversation that I had with my boyfriend is something the twin is interested in too. YTA for a bunch of stuff, including assuming that your boyfriend's twin probably would have started dating you. On the whole: some thoughts shouldn't be voiced. I don't see what you thought was to be gained by making that comment. Reply 3.5k

6.

Rectangle - anarchyshift · 1d · Certified Proctologist [24] YTA Twins are individuals, too. You basically said "i could swap models". Reply 491 ...

7.

Font - SO1arflar3 • 1d Honestly? Yeah, YTA. If he had have asked and you said it then that's one thing, but completely unbidden you told him that you'd date his brother, how would you expect him to react to that? You've reduced his individuality and probably eroded his trust as you're so blasé about it A vague backpedal of "well I wouldn't date him now" isn't really much, and considering your reasoning is " he and I work really well as a team" is pretty ridiculous...after 3 years is that the bes

8.

Rectangle - SydeSplitter • 1d · Partassipant [2] ΥΤΑ You literally told your bf that you only dated him because he happened to be there first, not his brother. No clue why you thought that was a socially acceptable thing to say. Reply 82 ...

9.

Font - Shizzlemoo • 1d • Partassipant [4] YTA wow ok, it's sometimes hard for people to understand but twins are not the same people, they go through their entire lives being compared to each other but even identical they are different human beings with different thoughts, personalities and feelings and you basically took away their individuality by saying what you did, something they worked their entire life to be seen as is individuals and you are the person who is meant to see your bf for the

10.

Font - RedoubtableSouth • 1d · Colo-rectal Surgeon [31] Would you really like to hear that your SO thinks you're completely interchangable with another person? Because that's what you just said to both of them. They may be identical and very similar in personality and tastes, but each of them is a complete, fully individual person, they're not interchangable copies of each other no matter how similar they are. ΥΤΑ. Reply 1 21 ...

11.

Rectangle - zipperoff · 1d · Partassipant [3] Yeah YTA. Not a huge deal just apologize. Sometimes comments you mean to be funny aren't received that way. I would never in a million years joke about dating my husbands brother, no way no how no matter what. Reply 12 ...

12.

Font - YTA, but soft. I can understand what you said because I can see myself thinking about it too. you probably didn't meant it as anything other than a joke or silly comment of "oh wow things could have been so different!" But there are things you cannot say out loud. They are individuals separate from one another. They might look very similar, but they don't think of themselves as interchangeable, and you shouldn't either. In fact, they might be tired of people seeing them as that, because t

13.

Rectangle - YTA That was in fact a very dumb thing to say. While it's true - you would have dated the other twin - it was inconsiderate and daft to share that with them. Reply 2 + ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment