Sunday, February 28, 2021

Neighbors Won't Turn Down Heating Unit, They Pay The Price


This isn't the first time that we've seen some neighbors end up acting like inconsiderate human beings, and we're certain that it won't be the last. You just never really know if you're going to end up living next to a waking nightmare or not. Or, if you don't end up with some terrible neighbors, maybe you'll end up having to deal with a lousy landlord. From there, the ball can end up being in your court, and it's your decision whether or not it's time for the pro revenge. 

1.

Font - r/ProRevenge + Join u/VloekenenVentileren · 2h 1 2 1 e2 S 1 1 Don't wanna turn down your heating unit? I'll make sure you start the day in the freezing cold. So this story takes place only a few weeks ago. I live on the first floor in a cornerbuilding and the ground floor of this building is a general commercial unit that had been vacant for about a year. That changed in december 2020. At that point the national post service rented out the building as a temporary place where merchants cou

2.

Font - there, that warms the commercial unit. It was blowing and buzzing like it was getting ready to spin itself apart. Clearly, something was wrong with it as it never been this loud before. I'm talking full power almost 95% of the time, and the remaining 5% a weird buzzing as the coolant (I think) refilled or something.So naturally, being the social bird that I am, I went to pay a visit to the worker in the post office down below and inquired if they had any issues. They had, and someone woul

3.

Font - Anyway, I was still pretty chill at this point, though the constant buzzing and fans blowing were really annoying. I informed the landlord, and he pointed back at the city who rented the place out to loan it again at the post office. The same day I had a call from a heating technician, as the only way to acces the heating unit is through my flat. This guy was really friendly but only came to take a look and left again. I didn't hear anything from anyone for a few days and I got really ann

4.

Font - After two weeks of buzzing and not sleeping, I was completely drained. At this point I had been working many months during covid in a healthcare function, wasn't able to sleep and I had take up my first vacation days in months, only to be stuck at home (covid lockdown) with a fan blowing and buzzing like a jet engine just before taking off 24/7, days on end. My place is really small and there was no escape from the constant droning and buzzing.

5.

Font - Now; the holidays were coming up, and I found out the package drop off down below would be closed 5 days in a row. I went down and probably looked and sounded like a lunatic, draining with exhaustion at this point and asked the assistant if she could please please please turn the heating down a few notches during those days. I didn't even ask them to turn it off. Anyway, I was greeted by stone cold hostility at this point and so I asked to speak to her boss. I got his number and tried rea

6.

Font - was clear he wasn't going to be of any help so I hung up and retreated. It was clear that nobody who could do anything actually cared that I was slowly going crazy. It was the 23rd of december and I wasn't going to find anyone at the city who could help me. I knew it and the asshole from the postoffice knew it. Even then, it was just general manager talk for 'suck it'. it's important to know that this drop of point was handing about 4 packages a day, at most. The entire thing was ridiculo

7.

Font - I relayed this to my landlord (also the landlord of the commercial unit), who was on vacation at the time and would be for another two weeks. He wasn't really pleased with the shop not wanting to turn down the unit (I am a pretty good renter) and relayed the best information ever: the fuses to the entire shop were located at the same place as my fuses were. I had complete acces to them. Even better, he allowed me to turn of the fuses at night. At this point I was ecstatic. I waited until

8.

Font - Christmas and new year's passed by and the shop opened up again. Every night I would flick the switch and turn everything off. After about three days I had a vacation day and stuck my nose into the store. The assistant was bundled up and it was way colder there than before. I acted like an idiot and thanked them for listening to me after all and turning down the unit at night, really friendly of them. The shop assistant told me the unit kept failing during the night and it was a real pain

9.

Font - buzzed me off before the holidays). Wasn't half an hour before I got a call. I played along for a bit and acted like the helpful idiot once again and told him we would have to plan the appointment around my schedule at work. He then asked what my schedule was like, to which I replied, with the biggest grin ever: I'm sorry, but sharing that information would breach confidentiality. Maybe he could find that information on his own? Took him a few seconds to realize and then I just started la

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment