Sunday, February 28, 2021

Horrible Cook Husband Keeps Secretly Ruining Food


So this guy knows that he's bad at cooking, absolutely hates cooking, but still insists on secretly adding stuff? That's some weird junk, man. It's like having a narcissistic spicy-salt gremlin lurking in your house. In terms of cooking themed childishness it's a little bit like this picky eater husband who demanded fancier meals.

1.

Font - r/AmItheA · Posted by u/HomeTown11_ 12 hours ago 2 8 27 3 15 E 17 AITA For lashing out after my husband ruined the food I prepared for our guests? Me F26 and My husband M33 Mike have been married for a year now. He doesn't cook. He's bad at it. His cooking is the worst despite learning from books/YT videos/me teaching him. It just never works. Every time he steps a foot into the kitchen it turns into a mess. I don't know how. He doesn't know how. Maybe because he's constantly busy with wo

2.

Font - But he's good at other things. So we've agreed that I handle cooking. He handles chores. Everything was going well. However recently he's been getting involved in my cooking. Basically making comments about what ingredients I should/should not add and I try to take it under consideration but only if he's being reasonable. Lately he's been waiting for when I prepare dinner or lunch then sneaks in and add extra salt/paper/spices/other ingredients that completely ruin the meal. First It was

3.

Font - Last night we had my family visiting. I took the entire day preparing meals. He helped out by going to the grocery stores. I noticed he bought stuff from the grocery store that I wasn't allowed to see. I figure 'probably some snacks'. As we were about to eat dinner. My mom and dad suddenly looked grossed out and said they couldn't eat cause the food had so much salt in it. I was confused I asked them to try another dish wich was too spicy for them to eat. My dad had an upset stomach and h

4.

Font - My parents left and I felt ashamed. I asked Mike then I blew up after he admitted he went behind my back to add ingredients that he thought were gonna make my food better. I lashed out at him. Told him he ruined my work after spending hours and made my parents feel uncomfortable. Adding too much salt KNOWING my dad has high blood pressure. He argued that he was just trying to help. And thought thar food will be better. so I shouldn't yell at him. And my parents didn't say anything so it w

5.

Font - OilSeeYoul8er Supreme Court Just-ass [144] 13 hours ago · edited 10 hours ago 3 e NTA - he's repeatedly and dependably ruining every meal he touches. If he wants more salt he can add it to HIS PORTION at the table. There's no universe in which he's being helpful and how he thinks he is is a mystery Not to be that person but... can he taste and smell okay lately? Eta omg folks we did it. It's gaslighting! It's real honest to god gaslighting! 15.4k . Reply Share .. HomeTown11_ I have no ide

6.

Font - Jaybird_Blues 12 hours ago I'm going to guess that he's a control freak and feels threatened or emasculated by the fact that he has tried to cook and failed, so now he sabotages your cooking by adding his influence... NTA

7.

Font - LisaW481 Asshole Aficionado [16] 12 hours ago NTA but like other commenters have mentioned you should probably test his senses. Try opening up a container of epoxy around him and you'll be able to test it pretty easily. Now if it isn't his sense of taste then tak him that he'll eat every bite of every meal he ruins until he stops. Your last comment about him going out for dinner with his friends worries me though. Are you sure he didn't sabotage dinner on purpose so your parents would go

8.

Font - maroongolf_blacksaab 11 hours ago Then went out to meet his friends for dinner. Wait, so even he didn't eat the food he "improved"? This is bizarre. NTA

9.

Font - Illuminator007 Partassipant [1] 12 hours ago Info Does your husband agree with your assessment of your and his cooking skills? 1 277 + , Reply Share ... HomeTown11_ 11 hours ago · edited 11 hours ago Yes. He hates cooking. He said it himself and it's one of the reasons he won't learn. He hates it. He likes my cooking but always thinks there's something I needed to add.

10.

Font - OffkilterPendulum7 12 hours ago Nta. However, it could be that something has hurt his tastebuds. Could be covid. Could be smoking. Could be something else. If that is the case and all of the food is bland to him, suggest him just seasoning his own plate until he likes it. Not the whole pot.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment