Sunday, February 28, 2021

Couple Hangs Shelf, Discovers Whole House Is Crooked


Maybe this couple's story about their unfortunate discovery will hit close to home for some folks. The reality is that there are a whole lot of apartments and homes out there that were built by folks that couldn't be bothered to do their one job correctly. So it goes, sometimes. Ignorance is really bliss though. The last thing you want to do is hang that shelf or picture on the wall and come to learn that your whole humble abode is just a little bit off kilter. 

1.

Rectangle - r/tifu + Join u/Pixiedursty • 4d 1 1 17 e 20 3 21 12 1 TIFU by hanging a shelf and experiencing true level M Happy Valentine's day to me, I bought all the fixings to hang a shelf. It's a project that l've had in my head for almost a whole 2 weeks and I was really excited to do it. Everything went smoothly. I had all the required tools, measurements were perfect, the hubby even took the toddler into another room so I could work in peace. Then came the moment of truth.

2.

Font - I hung the shelf, took a step back and everything was crooked. It was like I was looking through Tim Burtonesque glasses. The shelf was crooked, the painting on the wall was crooked, the dining room table was crooked. WTF! I get out the level and sure enough, it was off, but not by a lot. How? I used the measuring! After looking at the brackets that I just bought, turns out 1 of them was slightly off in the welding, which lead to the shelf being crooked. level when I was Obviously, I was

3.

Font - We took a step back and somehow, it was worse. It was that kind of off that you could see, you knew it was there, but couldn't pin point it. After some deliberation, we determined that the table was obviously slanted. So my husband places the level on it and wow was it! But its new! Like, maybe a year and a half at most. OH. MY. GOD. Its the floor. I spend my Valentine's evening watching my husband run around the living room and dining room measuring and checking the level of everything.

4.

Font - We have been living in this house for 4.5 years. How have we never seen this? Our house is almost 100 years old, so obviously this is not surprising. After seeing true level, everything I see is crooked. I can't unsee it. Its time to burn down the house and move. TLDR: I hung a shelf that was straight. I discovered my whole house including floors, windows, doorways, the works is crooked in varying ways. Now that its been seen, it can't be unseen. 25.1k 1.0k 1 Share

5.

Font - yellowsm42 · 4d 1 Award I bought a condo 2 years ago and upon viewing noticed the floor in the kitchen was slanted. My parents, my kids, realtor etc all thought I was crazy. Pointed out how the fridge was crooked. They said fix the turn wheels, it will level. about it for a year before the HOA brought in a guy with a long cable thing. Yep. Sure as the building is sinking. 150,000 + fix to the HOA. I am still astounded no one noticed immediately. Happy about my complaints as the now the HO

6.

Human body - gibbonshire · 4d My dad learned from experience not to put vertically- striped wallpaper up on any wall in a 100 year old house. Reply 1.0k •..

7.

Rectangle - sweetmusiccaroline · 4d 3 1 Award You only have your shelf to blame. Reply 686 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment