Thursday, February 11, 2021

Tumblr Post About Grandpa Is Purely Wholesome


Nothing like a Tumblr post that's maxed out on the wholesome vibes to warm your heart during these tumultuous times. What starts out as a post about the differences between younger and older generations ends up being a nice little emotional rollercoaster about a very loving grandpa. It's just one of those posts that can make the reader feel good by the end of it. 

1.

World - basil-witxh Follow My favorite kind of Adultier Adults™ are those who actively try, like really really try, to understand millennial and GenZ humor but just can't quite get it, and turn it into something 10x funnier Coyes-its-me-satans-daughter Me over the phone in bad traffic: Oh, I can move again, the road work is done My grandpa: Uh I sure hope it isn't Мe: Gramps: Me: Did-

2.

Font - Gramps: Did I do it right yes-its-me-satans-daughter Me with my grandpa again: What'cha doing? Gramps: making a video of seven seconds of joy Me, frightened: gramps? Gramps: *Sends a 7-second video of himself eating Almond Joy* Can you put it on vine for me Me, choking up, not willing to tell him it's gone: S-Sure

3.

Organism - yes-its-me-satans-daughter Me, to my Grandmother over the phone: I don't know gramma, I don't know if English is a degree that suits me. Gramma: But you've always loved writing! Gramps, screaming for the other side of their apartment, just audible over the phone: THAT'S HER OPINIIIOO00OONNNNNNN!

4.

Font - yes-its-me-satans-daughter (Over the phone at like 22:30) Me: Man I am just exhausted but can't find any sleeping aids, are there any left from when you- Gramps: It's the sleeping time Me: yeah? Gramps: So it's the time to sleep? Me: .... yes? Gramps: Might I suggest you put head on pillow and sleep? Me, finally realizing: You watch tiktoks. YOU watch TIKTOK.

5.

Font - Gramps: Just get some warm milk, you cretin Gramps: *Hangs up* Me, staring at my phone in disbelief: WH Y a yes-its-me-satans-daughter Me, over Skype: Hey gramps did you get the birthday box I sent you? You wanna know what's in it? Gramps: DIS BOX EMPTY! WHEAT! Gramps: *Softly tosses the box onto the couch* Me: Wh. Wheat.

6.

Font - a yes-its-me-satans-daughter Gramps over the phone: guess what?! Me: what?! Gramps: my Hispanic neighbor taught me how to use freshvakdos! Me: use... What Gramps: you know! Freshvakdos! Guacamole! Me: do. Do you mean fre sh avo ca do? Gramps: YEAH

7.

Font - yes-its-me-satans-daughter Gramps: So I heard about blessing that are actually curses so l'm going to give you one okay Me: oh no Gramps: oh yeah. Me: please- Gramps: may you receive every book you have ever wanted to read in your life Me: ....how is this a curse Gramps: .. Only for the last chapters to be torn out and unavailable online Me: GRAMPS NO

8.

Font - GRamps: GRAMPS YES A yes-its-me-satans-daughter Me: *flinches as Gramps uses my deadname several times* *let's it slip that I wear a binder* *accidentally mentions dysphoria* Gramps: *deadname* are you okay Me: Gramps, could you maybe call me Kai instead...? Gramps without missing a beat or bothering to take his phone away from his face, SCREAMING to my grandma: HONEY WE'VE GOT ANOTHER GRANDTHEM!!!

9.

Terrestrial plant - Me, expecting backlash since my grandparents are conservative Mormons: *violent sobbing laughter* yes-its-me-satans-daughter Okay, since this blew up beyond expectations, here's a list about things my grandfather has done to make me love him more than basically anyone else. -he's letting me live in his house while he is on a mission for his church. A gigantic house on lots of land with the large garden and a sunroom. He let me bring all of my animals as well.

10.

Font - -He sold me his car and truck super cheap. The truck is named Gorp. It stands for Grandpas Old Retired Pimpmobile. -He sends me a box full of fuzzy socks every month because he knows my cat destroys them -He started using they/them for.my pronouns and hasn’t fumbled once over phone or Skype -He calls Gramma Lovely, Dearest, Sweetheart, and my personal favorite: Honey Buns (which I picked up ages ago and now my favorite person ever is labeled honey buns in my phone)

11.

Organism - -He still says Wheat instead of Yeet. Intentionally. -He speaks fluent Spanish and learned immigration laws to help keep his Hispanic neighbors safe when "ICE comes around with it's ugly unchristian head" - he may be a Mormon, but in his (and Grammas) eyes, Christianity is about love, forgiveness, acceptance, and being there for those you love and care for and he LIVES by that. -when they aren't on a mission for the LDS church, they are foster parents to strictly only older teenagers

12.

Font - -He loves everyone and will accept anyone into his family as long as they are kind and patient. -He learned ASL so he could communicate with his dead neighbor and be a friend to him And finally, the man, the myth, the legend himself:

13.

Hat

14.

Product - This is Gramps and Gramma (who asked for her face to be covered). I also covered up the badge Gramps wears because it gives his location and name. a yes-its-me-satans-daughter I would like you all to know that Gramps and Gramma have offered to adopt every single one of y'all as Grandbabies! They will learn about any religion and support ya no matter what. All they ask is for you to fold your socks. NO ONE IS GRAMMA AND GRAMPS-LESS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON (also if any of y'all are lonely I

15.

Font - valtharr Follow excuse me, but I would die for Gramps @ yes-its-me-satans-daughter Gramps would never allow you to die of anything but OVEREATING AND DINNER IS AT 1800 DONT BE LATE moodogs Follow I really think it's funny that you put dead instead of deaf but I also feel like he would totally do it if his dead neighbor spoke asl so

16.

Font - yes-its-me-satans-daughter Was it a mistake or is there a ghost I didn't clue y'all into *sips tea* euphoria-my-love Follow this is the best thing i've seen all day catdragonunicorn Follow this is so wholesome 55,729 notes A

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment