Thursday, February 11, 2021

Collectors' "Holy Grail" Items


We're no strangers to the fascinating developments that can come of a gathering of a collectors. Take the antiques roadshow events, for instance. Those have an uncanny knack for surprising us all with people that show up thinking they're just trying to pawn off some cheap junk, and end up walking away with stacks on stacks of cash. With that being said, let's take a look at some of the holy grail items amongst collectors. If you have any of these lying around the house, you very well might have a pay day looming on a promising horizon. 

1.

Font - theeCrawlingChaos • 10h probably ancient Greek or Roman coins which have been perfectly preserved G Reply 1 2.0k 3 ... +

2.

Handwriting - starcabin_ · 8h I collect obsolete tech, my personal holy grail would have to be the Halcyon video game console from 1985. There were only a handful that were actually produced and most likely even fewer still floating around. G Reply 1 1.2k 3 ...

3.

Font - Alaeriia • 9h 3 3 Awards I collect roller-coaster credits (that is, I track the coasters I have ridden). There are a few grails, mostly coasters that only opened for a short time or we're in obscure parts of the world. I have one of the holiest of grails: I rode ring°racer at the Nurburgring during one of the four days it was open to the public. The only rarer credits out there are Twist Coaster Robin (Japan, only open for a few hours) and Orphan Rocker (never opened; it is estimated four

4.

Rectangle - Devi1_May_Cry • 10h Action Comics #1 mint Reply 698 ...

5.

Font - PartyPorpoise · 7h I collect Beanie Babies. (no, I don't think they'll get valuable, I just legitimately like them lol) Most Beanie Babies are worth very little. But for serious collectors, the holy grail is the Peanut the Elephant Beanie Baby, in royal blue! Only a small amount of royal blue Peanuts were produced, (1500-2000 or so) very soon after, the creator decided that Peanut would look better in light blue. (Teeny Beanie and Beanie Buddy royal blue Peanuts were later produced on a l

6.

Font - 2leewhohot • 9h First edition of Carrie by Stephen King. G Reply 459 ...

7.

Font - Fezzic5 · 7h Nintendo world championship gold cartridge NES. G Reply 1 853 ...

8.

Font - KiniShakenBake • 7h Really fun modern stamps. I don't want the old ones or the rare ones. I really just enjoy modern fun stamps. I buy thousands of dollars per year in postage for my company and all of it is in fun stamps, not meter credit. Every piece of mail I send for business has a fun stamp on it. Sesame street, mr rogers, first space walk, thermographic solar eclipse stamps, scratch and sniff popsicles, and soon the star wars stamps!!! I love them all and want to share them with my

9.

Font - NolmNotNotBatman • 9h My son and I collect old Boy Scout items. Old canvas packs, a full uniform from the '50's, canteens, first aid kits, flashlights, etc. my brother in law recently found an old handbook from 1930 and sent it to us. Owner of the book came so0000 close to obtaining the rank of Eagle Scout, but never received the last few signatures in his book. I just think it's neat to look through these things and wonder what ever became of their original owners. G Reply 628 ...

10.

Rectangle - lookin4BEANSS • 10h The hulk vs wolverine comic where MARVEL introduced Wolverine as a side character not supposed to become big. G Reply 4 2.3k ...

11.

Font - NicoleNicole1988 · 11h I used to collect high end perfume and there are a lot of vintage classics that are highly coveted. Even a small decant (5ml or so) could be really hard to track down and then very expensive if you could find it. But my *personal* holy grail is a perfume that was discontinued in 2011 or 12 and then re-released in a very limited quantity, but only in Paris, in 2016 or so. The only 2 or 3 bottles still available for sale are going for over $650 and...I'm very sad abou

12.

Font - rxvirus · 9h Mint 1st Ed Black Lotus from mtg G Reply 895 ...

13.

Font - mmmatchaball · 6h I ollect plants! For a lot of plant collectors, philodendron spiritus sancti is the holy grail. They're endangered, and more of them exist in the homes of private collectors and growers than in the wild. A small plant goes for around $10k. I saw an auction for one go close to $15k. My personal holy grail is a variegated rhaphidophora tetrasperma. Maybe one day I will be super lucky and find a random sport variegated one! 6 Reply 146 3 ...

14.

Rectangle - PrincessWaffleTO • 7h 1 Award First edition Harry Potter book with [some] spelling mistakes! G Reply 230 ...

15.

Smile - Eggwomb · 11h I'm antique collector so there are a ton of holy grails. A singing bird box would be high on the list for me G Reply 1 107 3 ...

16.

Font - wooter99 · 11h A Colt 1911 with serial 1911 manufactured in 1911. I have one dated Jan 1912 soooo close G Reply 1 336 ...

17.

Font - edward_anastasio • 10h An original Bob Ross painting. He painted 3 for every show. Almost none are in circulation though. G Reply 1 2.0k

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment