Thursday, February 11, 2021

Teachers Who Pulled Total Bro Moves


Our academic lives were needlessly fraught with tyrannical, despotic excuses for educators who taught us more about fear than we ever learned about math. That's why it's important to remember that some of them are thoughtful people who care about what they do, like this teacher with a great dihydrogen monoxide lesson or this teacher who fought the power using gummy bears.

1.

Font - enchiladacheese 2 days ago 2 @2 It was a professor, but she said she wasn't going to have a textbook for the class. Basically, she didn't respect the textbook representatives trying to take the pharma approach to force kids to buy an $170 access code. Instant respect. You just had to show up to the lectures and she'd teach you what you needed to know.

2.

Font - Straightup32 3 days ago 3 3 3 I had a professor that made it crystal clear that if we ever made an appointment and didn't show up, he'd take 5 points off of our final grade. I tried to find him during office hours and he wasn't available. I told him that I deserved an extra 5 points because he wasn't available when he said he would be and he gave it to me in the interest of fairness

3.

Font - bitchtits93 3 days ago 4 6 S6 3 In my first year of high school, my class decided to play a simple prank on our English/SOSE teacher, by all laughing when he faced the board, and then stopping every time he turned around to face us. After a few minutes of this, he just left the classroom without a word. We all sat there, confused, until a few minutes later the assistant principal comes in and explains that we've really upset our teacher; he made us believe we'd seriously fucked up... Then

4.

Font - Mariospario 2 days ago 5 6 34 6 My highschool science teacher paused class to rip a student apart for bullying another student. Called it out as soon as it happened, infront of everyone, and that bully never went near that other kid again. Will always remember that.

5.

Organism - Back2Bach 3 days ago 5 e5 3 6 A math teacher went to the hospital several times to visit a student who had been seriously injured in an accident. The teacher offered companionship, free tutoring, and genuine encouragement.

6.

Smile - Thesorus 2 days ago 2 3 e5 3 4 math teacher : "I don't care if you have good grades or bad grades, if you work hard, I will work harder to make you pass". He worked hard for me; I passed ...

7.

Font - Mom_is_watching 3 days ago 3 3 2 Told us a joke about his name (before we could) and allowed us to eat during his classes "because kids your age can't help being hungry all the time", as long as we did it quietly. Great guy. His whole attitude made all of us actually pay attention and do our best.

8.

Organism - Scratch_That_ 2 days ago 2 3 English teacher in high school asked where my homework was. Responded "I forgot to do it" and he said to the rest of the class "Why can't you guys be like Scratch_That_? He doesn't come up with some excuse he just tells me he didn't do it"

9.

Font - jodehleh 2 days ago I moved out of home during high school. It was stressful, to say the least. I started to fall behind in assignments, I would be absent for days at time, I missed tests etc. I ended up explaining the bare minimum of my situation to my English teacher, and their response always stuck with me. "Just do what you can." 9 2 6 3 & 7 More It may not seem like much, but right then and there, for sixteen year old kid who felt like simply living was a burden... it was everything.

10.

Font - sk8erguysk8er 2 days ago 5 5 3 3 When I was a kid we had to purchase these red punch cards to get lunch at school. Unfortunately we didn't have that much money so there were times where my punch card would run out and I wasn't able to eat for a while until we got enough 10 money to repurchase another one (why nobody in my family applied for assistance was beyond me). I had one teacher who noticed I wasn't eating every day and she would bring an extra sandwich and offer it to me whenever s

11.

Font - Andreas_NYC 2 days ago e 3 2 Junior year of high school, English class. We were discussing a story we had read. One student (let's call him Carl,) made a point. The teacher was dismissive and basically said Carl was wrong. The next day, after we took our seats the teacher said, "Before we begin, I was thinking about what Carl said yesterday. I was wrong to dismiss it so quickly. Let's take a look at that again." He then went on to repeat Carl's point and initiate a conversation with the e

12.

Font - PancakesandMaggots 2 days ago I remember my first math class in college. I didn't take any math my senior year of high school because I finished my math requirements my junior year. Anyway, the first math test hit me like a truck after never having to try in high school and I scored in the low 60's. The next three tests, I learned to study and got 3 98's in a row. The last week of class, the professor (who was a hard ass by the way and would kick you out for having your phone out) called

13.

Font - Caelus 2 days ago 32 Instead of shouting at my loud class for not shutting up before the lesson began, my history teacher decided to quietly tell the story of a pink elephant that wanted to be an astronaut. After a few seconds, people started to shut up and listen about the pink elephant. When everyone was quiet and listening, he stopped mid-story. As much as it made me respect him.. WHY DIDN'T YOU FINISH THE STORY FFS! THAT CLIFFHANGER!

14.

Font - Techpreist_X21Alpha 2 days ago edited 2 days ago 2 A supply teacher spend the day recovering my lost sticker collection. I'm sure its done in other countries but in uk primary/junior schools. Playtime becomes a trading hub on the playground for stickers. Anyway, one particular day i made a massive haul of stickers which I misplaced for a split second and it was gone. I was devastated and my teacher saw me in distress when i got back from class, my teacher promised she would get them all b

15.

Font - paoerfuuul 3 days ago 2 We had an exam, saying "I'll test your honesty and your teamwork, I'm gonna leave the room once your exam starts". So we thought it's between honesty that we don't share answers with each other, and teamwork by cheating. We were so desperate, and cheated the exams. Professor came back 5 mins before the time is up and asked, "so did you share your answers with one another?" And yes we said. "Okay" he said. Since you are all honest and you proved to me that you had y

16.

Font - Nicholi417 2 days ago S I had a professor once state that she doesn't believe in trick questions. Students trick themselves up enough without the professor helping that along. She never did put trick questions.

17.

Handwriting - maqueron 2 days ago He told me he gives $3 to Wikipedia every month. Respect.

18.

Organism - Pimpcool420 3 days ago · edited 2 days ago He admitted that he didn't particularly want to be a teacher but did it for a stable career (the type of guy who should have been an English PhD but didn't have the money to chase an academic career like that; he was way too good to be teaching high school English).

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment