Monday, January 11, 2021

Tumblr Thread: Hollywood's Toxic Beauty Standards


The movies can fill one's vulnerable mind with all kinds of incorrect and ultimately unhealthy ideas about how your life is supposed to look. This particular Tumblr thread calls out movies for the stereotypes that they perpetuate when it comes to unrealistic standards for men and their physicality. What it all really boils down to is that looks are nothing. Just do it for your health and your health alone. 

1.

Hairstyle - Game Of Thrones's Natalie Dormer: me are as objectified as women on TV The actor has joined the debate about objectification in TV and film, saying bo genders are judged equally on looks Source the-critical-feminist My god I love her. cruxofargon I know people are gonna get salty af about this but by God she's RIGHT. When Brad Pitt did Fight Club, he was cutting weight for every single scene to maintain his physique at 155. I've you've ever cut weight, you know how horrible that must

2.

Human - eldritchgentleman You want proof? Just check out that scene in Captain America: First Avenger where Cap just transformed into that beautiful beefcake of a man. Agent Carter's actress just HAD to touch them muscles, it was completely unscripted. eric-coldfire Chris Evans had to wear shirts so small they physically hurt, and he dislocated a shoulder during the helicopter scene in Civil War. But who cares, girls got to wet their panties watching Captain America flex. guyveranimefan87 If we

3.

Chin - Yeah, he is ripped, isn't he? Well, it is true, but to get that kind of definition, he went through 36 hour period of dehydration, which caused him to temporarily lose 10 pounds of "water weight". Thus during the fight scene he was filming, he was a hair breadth from blacking out whole time, just to look unrealistically muscular. As he said during interview with Steven Colbert, "If You go three days without water, You will die. Then, when You are halfway there they shout 'Roll it!" It's t

4.

Human body - .. But only when he partakes in competitions, since it is not humanly possible to live with such low fat percentage of one's body for longer periods of time. I mean, yeah, he keeps a draconian training regime, as well as a very strict diet even off-season, but looks much more human then. There are documented cases of incredibly fit and muscular bodybuilders fainting on the stage in the middle of their flexing routines, as well as several who outright died, because of cardiac arrest

5.

Text - fierceawakening I had no idea that most people who looked like this are dehydrated until I read posts like this. brunhiddensmusings dehydrated to the point theyre about a day away from actual organ failure okay so chris hemsworth is a absolute god of a man, but hollywood says 'thats not good enough' and for the thor movie he has to spend several days having the juice squeezed from his body untill he looses about a gallon of whats supposed to be him so that he can do 2 days of shooting sce

6.

Text - wodneswynn Man, when I was like 16 I got so sick of being made fun of for being the fat kid that I took an axe down inna woods, chopped down a tree, and started doing log-lifts all the time.I got strong as fuck, but I didn't lose no weight. I actually got bigger. Same thing happened when I got into fighting. I got even stronger, and I got *fast", man, and nimbie, like a cat. Still chubby Body-building culture is a bunch of crap, my dude. Functional muscle is not necessarily toned or lean.

7.

Human - systlin You know, I train with (martial arts) a bunch of dudes, and a few bodybuilders have showed up over the years. And every damn one of those huge shredded motherfuckers has the endurance of a fucking newbom puppy. Fifteen minutes into warmups and they're panting for air like like they're about to die. I've sparred them and every one of them telegraphs their moves about two weeks in advance, and are slower than my dead grandpa because their huge useless muscles get in the damn way. N

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment