Monday, January 11, 2021

Groom's Sister Tells Fiancée To Cover Up Scars, Gets Uninvited From Wedding


Just because they're family does not mean that they get the free pass. If there's one thing that this particularly insufferable AITA shows us it's that there really is a benefit to keeping your ideas to yourself. If the groom's sister would've done that, all she'd have had to worry about was what kinds of moves she was going to bust out on the dance floor. 

1.

Text - r/AmltheAsshole + Join u/617097713_ 3d 1 1 11 2 26 e 31 3 40 E 31 1 AITA: For uninviting my sister to my wedding for what she told my fiancèe? Not the A-hole My M27 fiancèe F25 has an obvious permanent burnscar from an accident that caused her mother (her only parent) to pass away from injury. My fiancèe had a long recovery it's been 7 years. The scar is on her collarbone. it goes down her chest but isn't showing. Unless she's wearing scoop/square tops. She often wears hoodies/jackets to

2.

Text - My family love her. How can they not. She's a member of the family. My mom makes sure she takes part in every family function and things like shopping and decorating other things. However. My sister made comments about my fiancèe's scar several times. I've called her out on her behavior several times to get her to stop because she was hurting me before my with her backhanded and insensitive comments. I told my fiancèe she had everyright to cut my sister out and not deal with her bullshit

3.

Text - Our wedding is in February. My fiancèe went shopping for the wedding dress. This is where the issue started: My fiancèe showed the wedding dress to my sister. I didn't see it but I was told it was a spaghetti strap dress. My fiancèe likes this stuff. Anyways my sister saw it and went nuts she started criticising her choice and said that she should've gotten a high nick or a jewel wedding dress to cover up the scar. She argued with my fiancèe about it. I went to my family's house and I con

4.

Text - In exactly an hour. My mom and dad called and berated me saying my sister was crying after I uninvited her and that I had no right to univinte her. She's my sister and was just trying to help out and give an advice and avoid any "unnecessary" drama at the wedding. My mom said my fiancèe can keep the dress but suggested to wear a pridel shawl as a neutral solution. I stopped responding to my mom's calls and texts after that. Family members were upset my sister was uninvited and wanted me t

5.

Text - Obiterdicta • 3d · Pooperintendant [61] S 1 Award NTA. Your Mom is ridiculous to suggest your fiancée needs to compromise with anyone on her wedding dress. # Q Reply 6.7k ...

6.

Text - SurgRN4theWin · 3d · Asshole Aficionado [13] 3 Awards What a small person your sister is. Your fiancee's burn scar is a badge of courage. I work in surgery, and l've done many many burn reconstructions... that is no easy road to go down, and your fiancee should be praised for going through all that and coming out the other side with her gracious nature intact. Your sister owes you and your fiancee a HUGE apology. Your mother can offer one as well. This 'eww' factor is childish and reprehe

7.

Text - 3 3 Awards NTA! I am a burn survivor my scars are on my chest and upper arm, I can't begin to explain the mental toll that these so called helpful comments have on a person. I have had people pull my blouse closed over my scars "because they were showing" or suggest what I should and shouldn't wear because of them. I have had comments about how at least it didn't damage my face and I can hide my scars. It took years to be okay with my scars. What your family is doing is abusive and psycho

8.

Text - thatbrunettegirl10 · 3d NTA- um, why the FUCK would they think they can tell the bride to wear anything over her dress?! Especially as a "compromise"?! Ummmmmmm who are they to dictate?! This makes me boil that they feel they can tell her to cover up her scar. Jesus. Disgusting. Q Reply 1 1.1k 3 ...

9.

Text - brandyto • 3d •Colo-rectal Surgeon [45] NTA. Your sister was being malicious and hateful, not "helpful". Your mother further compounded the problem by suggesting your fiancé is "allowed" to keep the dress she selected if she covers it up with a shawl? Your fiancé's bodily autonomy is not a debate or democracy. Your family was not asked for and does not get a vote. Most importantly, nobody should be present at a wedding when they don't actually accept the person being married for who they

10.

Text - Illustrious-Band-537 · 3d · Partassipant [4] NTA. Wtf. Your fiancée's body or wedding dress is not your family's business! She can wear what tf she wants. Jesus wept. Reply 90

11.

Text - Traditional_Comfort2 · 3d NTA. The only person who has a say in what your fiance wears is her. She feels confident and she should be. Your sister is making this about her and what she feels uncomfortable with. Your mother was out of line to say she needs to wear a shawl. Honestly, if they don't want to see her scar in all its unapologetic glory... then they don't need to come. Reply 68 3 ...

12.

Text - jadez7789 · 3d · Colo-rectal Surgeon [40] NTA If your fiancée wants to wear a spaghetti strap wedding dress, then she has every right to. Those who think it's ok to gossip and make derogatory comments (including your sister) about her scar need a good look at themselves. Your sister isn't looking out for your fiancée, looking out for herself because she is embarrassed "on behalf of your fiancée" who doesn't care about it herself. Side note: I think you mean concealer Reply 434 3 ...

13.

Text - gogo_gadgetbutthole · 3d NTA. If your sister is so upset about the scar that she feels the need to argue with the BRIDE over the wedding dress, then she should absolutely not be welcome. At this rate she'd would definitely make comments about it at the wedding, and doesn't see how inappropriate that is. Your mother's suggestion to "compromise" is rude as fuck too. Thank you for being so supportive of your fiancee. I'm sure it's one of the many reasons she loves you! Congrats btw! Q Reply

14.

Text - FloatingPencil • 3d NTA. You've told your sister to stop, and she hasn't. She went as far as actually arguing with your fiancée about her choice of wedding dress. And now your parents think that the problem is that your sister 'is crying'. Why on earth do people think that someone shedding tears makes them the victim? Feel bad, does she? Good! She should feel bad, but probably not for the reasons she thinks. She should feel bad because she is an insensitive, superficial person who doesn't

15.

Text - DameBootySlayer15 · 3d NTA. Sounds like you disinvited the person who would be fixating on and gossiping about something that literally does not matter at all. Maybe let your mom know she's on invite probation. I am sure your bride looks beautiful in her dress and I wish you both a very happy wedding Reply 7 59 ...

16.

Text - Mil1512 · 3d NTA and l'd also be tempted to uninvite the mum because of her "solution". There doesn't need to be a solution as there is no problem! It's not their wedding! Reply 49 ..

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment