Sunday, January 24, 2021

The Best Bad Ideas People Committed To


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the best plain old bad ideas that people decided to commit to anyways. Humans can be amazingly stubborn creatures that are prone to standing by undeniably bad ideas, just because they don't want to spend any more time and energy on pivoting into a plan that actually might work. The good news in this strange universe of constant unpredictability is that these bad ideas actually ended up shaking out favorably for the people that saw them through. 

1.

Text - ZurEnArrhBatman • 19h S 2 Awards When I was in high school and had my own job to buy things with, I decided I would buy a 4L pail of ice cream, a 2L bottle of A&W root beer and make a giant root beer float. I then proceeded to eat/drink the entire thing over the course of a hockey game. I did not throw up but I definitely did not feel like eating supper that night. Reply 1.3k 3 ...

2.

Text - WarPotential7349 • 16h I sorta spontaneously quit my job so I could drive around in a van for a year. Reply 83 ...

3.

Text - likemong • 19h Driving a car on a beach when l'd never done it before. Immediately got stuck right at the bottom of the ramp going to the beach. Luckily there was a nice guy with a jeep that went and bought a tow rope and pulled me out. Right after he pulled me out, another person did the same thing and got stuck in the same spot, so he pulled them out too. Reply 1 563 3 ...

4.

Text - nazaberry · 19h Me with my dad and my brother: let's play football today, we're 800km far away from our house and it's raining. Lol, I broke all bones of my left leg, I fainted several times of the pain during the 8 hours of travel to the hospital where I attend regularly (before I went to a little hospital in a village and They put a temporary plaster in my leg), when I arrived, a lot of curious people were watching how doctors and my parents were trying to take me out of the car and how

5.

Text - undefined_protocol · 18h I know how this sounds... But I never said I was smart. As a tweenager I dislocated my shoulder and tore some muscle while doing a flip on a slip n' slide. I never went to the doctor for it because l'm poor. But I still went backpacking THE NEXT DAY, and my friend's dad brought in some zipline equipment on his horses. And since I couldn't miss out on the fun, I figured that it was the muscles that lift my arm that were torn and that the ones I use to hold myself u

6.

Text - AlexGeekSpeak • 18h There was an extremely steep road in my old neighborhood that my friend dared me to go longboarding down. I knew that I would eat shit but I still went down it. Sure enough, I did. Bad. It all worked out in the end though. My now-wife lived around the corner and so we went over there to see if she had any bandages. Who knows where we'd be if I had never started catching feelings for her while she was patching me up. # Q Reply 4 36 3 ...

7.

Text - Iwanttobealion-tamer • 16h Bought an abandoned mansion out of foreclosure that used to be a hoarder house. 4 years into a 2 year renovation plan and we're not quite half done. Gotta say though, if you need to spend a year at home this is the house to do it in. Plenty of space for every task and still have room to run laps. Q Reply 1 252 ...

8.

Text - TheChemicalSophie · 18h Playing basketball with a yoga ball. Yes, I broke my finger. Yes, it was painful. No, I'm British it cost nothing to get it fixed Reply 1 57 3 ...

9.

Text - Angelic_Demoness · 17h Wasn't me but my second older brother (he was 7I think at the time) was trying to light a bush in our backyard on fire while my oldest brother (10 years old) stood next to him and watched while saying "I wouldn't do that if I were you". The best part was when my dad caught them and asked what my brother was doing he looked at my dad and said with a straight face "I'm trying to talk to God through the burning bush". My dad laughed so hard that he didn't get into trou

10.

Text - GenielnABottle1985 · 13h Opened our local KFC after hours to have a party. (We all worked there). Had a lot of wine, (case of Boone's Farm Strawberry Fields), started up fryers for late night snack. Cleaned our mess so as not to be detected. No one ever knew. But what a seriously effed up thing to do. Looking back though, I would do it again, just for the memories. Reply 10 ...

11.

Text - Mr_Nation · 8h I helped my friend move a couple years back. After we'd gotten all the furniture out, he remembered he had left his fancy pants Wi-Fi lightbulb in one of the bedrooms. Well at this point everything was packed away, step ladder included, so I had the bright idea of just giving him a boost to unscrew the diffuser (or whatever the fuck the piece of glass that covers the lightbulb is called) and get the bulb out. For context: my friend is maniacally jittery and fidgets constant

12.

Text - _FailedSuccessfully • 19h Got married after 2.5 months of knowing my now husband. Still married to him. 11 years and counting. # Q Reply 379 ...

13.

Text - datacollect_ct • 16h When I was in middle school I was staying the night at my buddies house. We were bored and decided that we would fold his tube of toothpaste in half and wedge it in his bathroom door and then slam the door. When we opened it up there was toothpaste EVERYWHERE, like on the ceiling and shit. We did a half assed cleanup job and carried on. The next day, his maid, who we liked because she was funny and we knew her pretty well, was crying and talking to his mom. "Do they n

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment