Thursday, December 24, 2020

Wild Karen Goes Off On Student, Gets Told Off By Lab Manager


Karens have a really hard time mistaking other people for employees. This time around it was a pottery student who got trapped in the telescopic sights of a wild Karen who refused to believe that she was talking to a person who actually couldn't fulfill her demands.

1.

Text - r/IDontWorkHereLady · Posted by u/Blgodwin 6 days ago I'm just a student Karen!! XL I was cleaning some kiln shelves off in the ceramics studio during open lab hours. A student and her mother came into the kiln yard and i overheard the student say "oh my pieces didn't get fired." Not my business, I'm just a student and I'm wrapping up my last personal firing of the semester. A few seconds later there is an aggressive, almost painful, tapping on my shoulder. "Why didn't her work get fired?

2.

Text - Student: mom that's not my teacher (this goes unheard or ignored by the mother) Me: sorry, I'm just a student here. I don't fire other's work Mom: we need her work done by friday!! She's graduating and we're leaving the state. You're so selfish for not putting her stuff in that kiln. I saw how much room you have in there. Student: looking absolutely mortified behind mom Me: explains that I was firing porcelain and that her daughter's work was low fire clay and would have melted in the kil

3.

Text - Mom: that is unacceptable! Get off your fat ass and fire her work! I paid $1500 (bullshit btw) for this class and shes going to take home everything she made! Me: goes back in the studio Mom, following me into the upper division area which is off limits to most people: get back here! I ignore her, just trying to wrap up a couple bowls so I can put them in my bag. She then notices all the work in the advanced space and starts touching it. Mom: why aren't the intro classes given projects li

4.

Text - Student: mom we need to learn the basics first (also ignored) I'm now blocked from exiting the space by a very angry woman who's got her hand on a sculpture my classmate has been working on all semester. She keeps telling me I'm lazy and that firing takes no effort because the kilns are self-regulating. Our kilns are gas and need constant monitoring over several hours. Finally, my saving grace arrives. Our shop manager, who's kind of an asshole with a short fuse, but who I appreciate deep

5.

Text - Lab manager: what the FUCK are you doing in the advanced space? Mom starts going off again. My lab manager looks calmly at me and tells me I can go. He clears the way and I take my chance. And just as I am leaving the studio, I hear him start yelling. Justice at last, but my god.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment