Sunday, December 27, 2020

When People Realized Their Boss Was Dumb


It can be really frustrating to realize your boss is a goddamn moron. Some bosses are just good at hiding the fact that they have no idea what they're doing, but some are not quite so good. Don't get us wrong, many bosses are competent, but these ones really let the stupid cat out of the idiot bag.

1.

Text - Peregrine2976 2.7k points · 5 days ago Dropped a ton of cash renting art from a museum's art bank for our (decrepit Chinatown) office. Then didn't have money to pay salaries.

2.

Text - davidmitchellseyes 2.6k points · 5 days ago When they fired the woman who did HR (she wasn't qualified for it, and had no training to do it so whatever), and I overheard the owner/boss have this conversation with a co-worker. Boss: "So, what is HR anyway?" Co-Worker: "Human Resources" B: "Yeah, but, like, what do they do?" CW: "Well, they take care of employee conflicts, deal with internal complaints, stuff like that" B: "Well, we don't need that. Besides, you can do that" So now we don't

3.

Text - TheMonkeyMen 1.9k points · 5 days ago I told my boss since he wouldn't listen to me we needed an industrial engineer to make our dept/machine more efficient. He said, “no way in hell are we bringing in an engineer." 3 weeks later my company hired an engineer and when they came to our Dept the engineer asked him what he wanted to do differently he froze turned and said, "welI let's go talk to Themonkeymen he's worked here a long time he knows what needs to be done." ... this boss makes at

4.

Text - Unweededgarden 1.8k points · 5 days ago After the third time he drove a powerdrill through his hand...

5.

Text - Queen_lucya 1.6k points · 5 days ago Once I told my boss I was 1/3 done with the work I had to do He said "well you better hurry the others said they has finishes 1/6 of the work" He walked away and I just stared at him for a few seconds

6.

Text - Axl_Bundy 1.4k points · 5 days ago The time he got really bitchy/passive aggressive a few months after he hired me which finally boiled over when he got mad and said "I HIRED YOU BECUASE I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO RUN THIS COMPANY FOR ME!" I'm a graphic designer by the way.

7.

Text - LeftChoux 1.3k points · 5 days ago My boss thinks he is a programmer. (SQL) He told me he did not like that I have one table that contains both active and inactive computers with a field that indicates active\inactive and told me (demanded) tha I should create 2 tables one for each computer state.

8.

Text - Lufernaal 1.2k points · 5 days ago Asks me to do stuff that helps no one or makes nothing better. He has us doing stuff that he literally can't explain why.

9.

Text - birb_in_disguise 1.1k points · 4 days ago · edit My manager (woman who's in nursing school) thought that women were pregnant for 12 months.

10.

Text - aRationalShill 969 points · 4 days ago I write ": )" on papers I grade for a professor. He accused me of writing slurs in my native language even though it's just a fucking smiley face.

11.

Text - necrocripple 847 points · 4 days ago My manager told me to mop the breakroom floor. I did. She freaked out that it was slippery (two seconds after I was done).

12.

Text - donutshopsss 639 points · 5 days ago I did business with company A while working at company B. Company A offered me a job because they liked how I operated. I went through an extensive interview process, they said I was great, they had my resume, knew my experience and specialties, what I was capable of, etc. After a few weeks they kept telling me "you need a degree in electrical engineering to understand this" when they knew I had no understanding of electrical engineering and left that

13.

Text - Lauer99 619 points · 4 days ago When he told me instead of taking my new higher paying job I should just work more hours at my current one for him.

14.

Text - TheRealWookyMonster 612 points · 5 days ago When she told me I should have no problem with this new task because "it's not rocket scientist". Also, she says "pacifically". O

15.

Text - InfiniteElway 546 points · 4 days ago Teacher Had an admin who was a Basketball coach and ISS teacher for his whole career. Got his masters online while in the ISS room Came in one day, saw me teaching, got mad a kid was in the back not paying attention. 'We gotta get everyone infinitelway!" '33 of 34 kids in this room are passing Geometry, my room is the only one that kid hasnt been kicked out multiple times this year, and he is nice and polite in here.' "Doesnt matter! He needs to take

16.

Text - adeiner 486 points · 4 days ago I had a boss once who refused to register to vote because she didn't want jury duty and then got jury duty because that's not the only way they pick. She ended up serving for a week.

17.

Text - forumdestroyer156 473 points · 5 days ago She has no idea about basic 101 things related to our industry that a fresh intern could demonstrate on the spot. Now, every job I do I have to explain from the beginning what it is, why we're doing it and why it's important. She nods, makes an "insightful" comment, then forgets it completely. I'm the only one on my team with actual experience in certain areas, and naturally have to do all the work in those areas. When it comes time for the credit

18.

Text - sleepingbeardune 471 points ·4 days ago I was a 20-something woman in a Mormon-owned company with a lot of branches. All the bosses were guys and all the office workers were women, and I was an anomaly ... from out of state, not Mormon, educated in math, neither boss nor secretary. Before this, I'd only had waitress jobs. So I was in a lot of meetings with all the guys in their nice suits, excited to be allowed to do real work. It was like, 1980. It took about 10 minutes of the first meet

19.

Text - kingslayer_07 402 points · 5 days ago When he keeps asking me why the inventory looks "dirty" (physically dirty) and doesn't care about the accuracy of it. My job doesn't even have anything to do with the warehouse. I'm an ops analyst

20.

Text - fievelm 373 points · 4 days ago I used to do computer repair. New boss was hired, and it started to become obvious she knew nothing about computers. Every morning she'd ask me what I was going to do for the day, then repeat back what I said as an order. I told the receptionist about this, and she told me I was probably just overreacting. Then one morning the receptionist was in the repair room and witnessed this exchange: Boss: Fievelm, what are you working on? Me: I'm installing Windows

21.

Text - FoleyX90 315 points · 4 days ago When I created functions for similar procedures instead of copying & pasting the exact same code & modifying it in various spots throughout the program. "What if we hire a developer that doesn't know how to use functions?" Then we shouldn't have fucking hired them.

22.

Text - thisisntrealnope 325 points · 5 days ago Boss at a pool was proud that she managed to convince the health inspector to let us stay open when the chlorine levels were well over the allowed amount

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment