Sunday, December 27, 2020

Guy Tries To Pretend He Doesn't Know English, Fails Hard


This guy made a grave mistake. And that mistake was one of him trying to tell a lady asking for money that he didn't speak English, while he very well did the whole time. It's tough to pull off the whole "I don't speak your language" thing when you're literally speaking their language right back to them. 

1.

Text - r/tifu Posted by u/MrWittyResponse 1 day ago TIFU by telling a lady asking me for money that I didn't speak English... in perfect English So it was late at night and I had to make a stop at the gas station to fill up my car. This lady comes up to me wearing this really baggy hoodie. Judging by appearances she seemed to be a substance abuser. She says she's pregnant and needs some cash to pay for her motel room. I really wasn't buying it: she

2.

Text - didn't look pregnant at all and looked like she had a pillow or something under her sweater. I was really tired and didn't want to deal with her so my tired brain decided that rather than just saying no the best thing to do would be to pretend that I was a foreigner and couldn't speak English. So I replied to her saying "Sorry, I don't speak English". She gave me a bewildered look and said "Oh ok". But then she realized... "hey but you just said that in perfect English." Realizing I had m

3.

Text - started to panic and said "Yeah but that's all the English I know". She lost her shit at this point and started yelling at me for lying and making fun of her. I ended up quickly paying and the pump and quickly drove off with my head down. TLDR: tried to pretend I didn't know English to get out of an awkward situation

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment