Sunday, December 27, 2020

Dumb Questions People Were Asked


Sometimes we're just not thinking and sometimes people are really just flat-out stupid. There are a lot of really dumb questions that get asked. People have almost too many stories about dumb things people said to have their intelligence questioned.

1.

Text - Firethorn101 116 points · 22 hours ago "What did people in apartments do before stairs were invented?" "Is kingdom come a place in China?" Same person.

2.

Text - OtisLoom 109 points · 22 hours ago Lost in a new city, I stopped to ask directions. "I'm trying to locate the on-ramp to the westbound interstate, "I asked. The guy asked me, "Where are you starting from?"

3.

Text - SwimminAss 101 points · 20 hours ago "Are lizards animals?" This was a highschool senior. They weren't joking

4.

Text - Marise20 94 points · 22 hours ago I was at the main desk of the library I worked in at the time. I picked up the phone and the caller asked, with no preamble or context, "Is this the library down the street?"

5.

Text - LilyAllen10 81 points · 22 hours ago Having dinner in the dining hall at University. A friend asks me 'How big is a star? Could one fit in this room? I quietly let her know that one would probably not fit in the room...

6.

Text - moe_skweeto 1.9k points · 1 day ago *trying to move one of those big, multi purpose weight machines, and they noticed it's set to its heaviest setting* "Why don't we set it to its lightest setting so it'll be lighter?" To their credit, they realized about ten seconds later why that was a dumb question.

7.

Text - RuinEleint 1.2k points · 22 hours ago I am quite tall in comparison to the average height of where I live. A coworker: "Don't you think you are being a bit inconsiderate, being so tall?" I still don't know what they were trying to say

8.

Text - GuardPerson 1.1k points · 23 hours ago A: where can in find a security guard? Me: Security is located in the pavilion over there. They can be reached 24 hours a day. A: What if I need them at night?

9.

Text - throwaway6571265712 907 points · 23 hours ago I used to work in retail when I was 16. I was cashiering when a woman came up and gave me a coupon for 20% off the total purchase. When I told her the total she seemed displeased and asked me, "did it take 20% each item or the entire total?" And I had to desperately explain to her that it's the exact same thing.

10.

Text - saucy_awesome 642 points · 22 hours ago Customer buying a bottle of water at a coffee shop: "Is this real water?"

11.

Text - Hailene2092 589 points · 22 hours ago I was talking to someone and mentioned that I had visited Japan the previous year. "Oh, is that where Japanese people come from?" I was taken aback for like 3 seconds before I stammered out a yeah.

12.

Text - havensal 555 points · 23 hours ago Was the IT admin for a small company at the time. The power went out, as happens occasionally. The secretary rang my phone and asked me if the phones were working. She did not say she was testing to see, but asked if they were working. over. the. phone.

13.

Text - toothpastenachos 499 points · 22 hours ago I was the one asking the stupid question. When I was like 12 I was at a taco food truck at the county fair and my options were either a shrimp or chicken taco. I meant to ask "is there a difference in price" because the fair always gets ya and instead I only said "what's the difference?" The lady said "Well one's shrimp and one's chicken." And I felt stupid.

14.

Text - Yoliwankenobi12 489 points · 23 hours ago When someone asked me where I'm from and I said "Venezuela" their response was "what part of Africa that in?"

15.

Text - AhmeBob 351 points · 23 hours ago Working in a bar with an upstairs and downstairs, one of the new waiting staff at the end of the night during clean up asked me if she should sweep the dirt up or down the stairs. I said up the stairs and left her to it.

16.

Text - labbykun 294 points · 21 hours ago My friend and I went to a gas station while out cruising around and she bought some munchies. She put a five on the counter and the cashier stared down at it like she'd never seen such a thing exist, and asked, without moving.. "Is that a 5?" To this day I have no idea why she was so flummoxed by a five dollar bill sitting next to her cash register.

17.

Text - Kabufu 289 points · 21 hours ago "Is okay to swim with a dead dog in the pool?" -Phone call I took while working at a pool store. And no. No, it is not okay to swimming with a dead dog in the pool.

18.

Text - M1XRR 267 points · 21 hours ago I was born on an AirForce base. I remember in school one day we were doing one of those about you things that the teachers always assign on the first day and I put the base I was born on in the spot that asks where you're born. We then share it to the class (6th grade) and some kid dead serious asked me "so if you were born on an AirForce base were you born on the runway or something?" *The base had a hospital and my dad was active duty when I was born that

19.

Text - Canpede 217 points · 1 day ago · edited 15 hours ago A friend asked stupid question to a Scottish man while we were on holiday from Canada. We were watching a boat go through a lock. Him to Scottish guy: which way do the boats go through the lock? Scottish guy: which way is the boat pointed? Him: good point.

20.

Text - berly456 183 points · 22 hours ago I have been asked many times "are you identical?" when telling someone I (a girl) have a twin brother. Well.. No. I have also been asked when his birthday is when discussing my birthday.

21.

Text - stopstealingmyname 149 points · 20 hours ago "What are eggs made of?". Not like chemical make up, but if they had flour in them. Cause of the whites. If they had butter in them. Cause of the yolk. This kid (23 y/o) was a box of bricks.

22.

Text - Drowsiest_Approval 128 points · 23 hours ago "Where do you find the calorie info on shampoo? I can't find it."

23.

Text - room32a 123 points · 21 hours ago My mom asked me if Florida is in California. We're Canadian and she's been to both states.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment