Monday, December 28, 2020

Weird Stuff People Saw In People's Houses


As much as you'd like to hide your shame, hoarded collections of doorknobs and evidences of your eccentric hobbies, sometimes someone else will have to enter your weird home. A plumber, pet sitter or maintenance employee is gonna need to get in there. And they see some really interesting things. Sometimes they don't even need to make it inside. Window washers see some bizarre things through the glass.

1.

Text - drunky_crowette 18.1k points · 11 hours ago Petsitter here! If you don't find a secure place to put your sex toys your dogs may bring them to guest in your home!

2.

Text - minervasbiscuittin 16.7k points · 12 hours ago - O 2 e 3 6 edited 3 hours ago Back in my teenage babysitting days, I regularly watched three kids whose parents kept one of those ENORMOUS packages of hot dogs out on the kitchen counter. Everyone in that household would just wander by and grab a room-temperature hot dog as a snack whenever they felt like. I babysat for them 2-3 times per week for over a year and never not saw those hot dogs. I wonder about them all the time.

3.

Text - punkass_book_jockey8 15.0k points · 11 hours ago Former babysitter, one house a toilet in the hallway. Not a bathroom just a toilet literally in the middle of a carpeted hallway (middle of the Hallway but against a wall) that totally worked. It was parallel to the wall not perpendicular- there was zero cover around it and it faced the stairway. So if you used it, and somebody came up the stairs, you were going to be making eye contact. I never understood it. It looked like someone just se

4.

Text - nolatime 14.7k points · 9 hours ago 2 3 3 2 Realtor here. I was showing a house that was supposed to be empty. I knocked and rang the bell to make sure. Once inside I walked into a bedroom and found the current tenant butt ass naked absolutely slamming on an electronic drum kit in what was a mostly sound proof room. He never noticed I was there, but ill never forget him.

5.

Text - Necessary_Offer 12.2k points · 11 hours ago PS O 4 O 3 @4 & 6 More In the 90s, I had a summer job at a small electronic repair shop. I had to deliver and reconnect an elderly woman's 32" television (this was the tube kind, it was huge and heavy). Get to her trailer and she answers the door, woman in her 70s wearing a thin cotton shirt as a dress that barely reached her mid-thigh, was essentially transparent, no underwear, everything on full display. Kept my eyes averted as I hauled the TV

6.

Text - icedcoffeedevotee 12.0k points · 11 hours ago · edited 2 hours ago 4 23 33 8 A jar full of bedbugs. They wanted to show us that they indeed had bedbugs. You could see the damn things in the daylight all over the furniture. We knew...

7.

Text - jibbletmonger 9.5k points · 10 hours ago 32 8 Installed sod at this lady's newly built home. She was in her mid 60s maybe. Anyway, she didn't know where the valve to the exterior tap was in the basement and asked if I could go down and turn it on for her. No problem. I go down the stairs to the unfinished basement and it's pitch dark. I find a light switch and then suddenly there is a 400 pound man naked and asleep on a matress three feet away from me. She never mentioned this before I we

8.

Text - call-me-mama-t 8.4k points · 11 hours ago - edited 9 hours ago E I would frequently go into homes on all conditions with buyers & sellers. There was a really cool historic house on in a good neighborhood. The guy was a hoarder and he had torn off all the plaster & filled the walls with books. I've seen people living in the most deplorable conditions...and dealt with so many odd people. Edit; The books were in every room of the house. Floor to ceiling.

9.

Text - megzies1997 7.7k points · 10 hours ago 5 3 I babysit for a family that has a bust of the quaker oats guy e

10.

Text - DerryGirlJames 260 points · 13 hours ago Emmy's. Turns out the family I house sit for 2-4 times a year, the husband works for some sports channel and gets awards for it. Yes I've held one, they're heavy and cold.

11.

Text - mireilledgb 6.7k points · 11 hours ago 2 E 2 i'm a midwife, and in a postpartum visit at home, the couple had 2 big pigs as pets. They were living with them in the house and even had their own room. Super chill pigs

12.

Text - ImKnownToFuckMyself 4.9k points · 12 hours ago e 3 2 Used to live in south Florida and worked an apartment complex. One day we cleaned out this apartment after tenants moved out, wasn't too bad as it was mostly clean, but the shocking part was finding a severed goat's head in the fridge (on a platter not just stuffed in there), it was skinned and everything. Startled the fuck out of me and wasn't sure what to do. Supervisor said it was no big deal and was common among the Haitian populati

13.

Text - FalconOtherwise 3.7k points · 12 hours ago 2 I'm female, I went into a really cute guy's apartment to assemble a bed for him and was entertaining myself with thoughts of how cute I thought he was while I worked. Then I saw the shirtless Chris Pratt pillows and was like "dammit." At least he has good taste.

14.

Text - Lamesatron 3.2k points · 11 hours ago Two stuffed dead giraffes. Like, taxidermy.

15.

Text - BeebMommy 504 points 10 hours ago My fiancé is an HVAC technician and recently visited a house that was otherwise luxurious and beautiful, but they were especially proud of their Nazi Memorabilia room. It had hundreds of thousands of dollars of Nazi collectibles including an original SS uniform and weapons. My fiancé is half SE Asian and half Jewish.

16.

Text - DudeAtWork55 398 points · 11 hours ago I was doing a remodel of some old crappy condemned apartments. People were still living in it even though they were supposed to get out. Every time we went into a new apartment, the people that were living in them would just up and leave and never come back. Went in one dudes apartment and found a joint rolled up in a one dollar bill. (Could've bought a whole pack of rolling papers with that dollar). And the dude didn't have any furniture or anything

17.

Text - stormtiger88 344 points · 10 hours ago My husband's grandfather owns several rental properties. When my husband was acting as his property manager, he found this very ornate wizard staff with a little crystal ball on top. As the property in the unit was considered abandoned, his grandfather let him keep it.

18.

Text - mackadoo 332 points · 11 hours ago Apartment is mostly on the second floor, with a second entrance, den, and washroom on the first floor (rest of the floor is another apartment). Buddy decides he doesn't need the downstairs area so he just uses it as a compost pit... literally just throws his organic trash down the stairs. Pile is like 5 feet tall, 8 feet across.

19.

Text - freemason801 153 points · 11 hours ago A full size outdoor type hot tub in master bedroom full of live koi fish.

20.

Text - fixedpanic 346 points · 12 hours ago Not me but someone I did contracting work with once ripped up a carpet and found a pentagram painted underneath. The owners were super Christians and accused the guy who found it saying that he was "trying to let the devil in"

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment