Monday, December 28, 2020

Boss Has Terrible Idea, Employee Disregards Idea, Boss Learns Lesson


Man, nothing's quite as grim as the moment that anyone realizes they're working under an incompetent manager who is inevitably going to put the company in hot water, if they continue onward in their mindless ways. Well, this boss certainly sounds like they never should've been put in the position of power that they were to begin with. Fortunately, the employee working under them had the mindful presence to not obey (dumb) orders, and managed to keep the company in compliance when it was all said and done. 

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance + Join u/Routine_Condition • 7h 8 5 e 5 S 4 8 3 The software does all that now. OK boss. M Inspired by the recent story of " We don't need any of that anymore" I was reminded of how my malicious compliance changed the organization chart in the company I worked at. TL;DR Look at me - I'm the boss now. Many moons ago, before the '08 recession, I, manager of the records department (among other things), worked in an industry where record keeping is super critical. Bad re

2.

Text - My direct boss, who reported to the CEO was a good enough person but was overworked and would grab onto any idea as long as it kicked the can down the road at which point the problem was worse. He needed to go but the CEO liked the results despite how negatively they impacted production and morale. In short, my boss had to go away and I needed to be the one reporting to the CEO. Solwaited until he grabbed onto an idea so terrible that it had to exploited. My boss came in and told me to st

3.

Text - The software in question could do the job but it was never set up or configured to meet the requirements. I had already spoken to legal and our government contacts a few months earlier about having software to do this and we are required to inform them and submit samples of it prior to going live. None of that was ever done. So we kept doing our job, as normal, and strangely no one asked any questions - until the quarterly meetings. My boss apparently had not informed the CEO on his plan

4.

Text - From the information I received from other folks who were in the meeting at that point, the accountant asked how it was possible and my boss confidently told them he stopped the recordkeeping requirements and the software was taking care of it all now. The IT people, who knew what was required to be complaint, apparently created a sound akin to a record needle scratch. IT stated we were months from implementation. Legal chimed in and pointed out that we were now in a serious bad legal pos

5.

Text - I walk into a scene I would like to have taken a picture of. The CEO, Legal, and IT are up in arms. My boss looks defeated because he now understands how big the issue is now. I grab a seat, and listen to the lamenting of the masses. When it is my turn to talk I calmly explain my side of things. The CEO loved the direct email from my boss telling me to stop recordkeeping. After letting that sink in I calmly told them of my insubordination for the good of the company, the uninterrupted sta

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment