Monday, December 28, 2020

Bartender Gets Musical Revenge On Entitled Customer


This guy thought he had his own stranglehold on the vibe, but dammit, that's not how the world works. The people deserve to hear "Who Let the Dogs Out" and other classics. It's always nice to see an entitled customer get undermined for their foolishness, like this Karen who demanded a customer's cart.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance - Posted by u/BurnTheOil 21 hours ago O 17 10 a8 S 19 E 5 G Don't TOUCH the jukebox till all of entitled customers' songs have played? Fine by me... oc L I'm a bartender at a little hole in the wall watering hole with a very regular and very loyal customer base. I had last night off, so I met up with a friend at another bar for a few drinks and some food. After supper we decide to walk to the bar I work at to cap off the evening. We get there, and there is a good ene

2.

Text - We have this one customer who is extremely wealthy, and it's nothing for him to spend $200-$400 per night multiple times a week buying everyone rounds. As such he's treated like royalty around there. So I'm sitting there having a really good time, enjoying a beer, and decide that I want to add a song to the jukebox. I grab a $5 bill and walk over, only to notice 63 credits showing on the screen. No big deal, I think, I'll just put my $5 in, request a few songs, and leave the 63 credits un

3.

Text - Nope, not good enough. No one is allowed to TOUCH it till he's done with them. I know it's not worth arguing, so I step back, and he starts requesting songs till he's used up every single credit. Each song costs 2-5 credits, so he put in a LOT of songs. Each song gives you the option to pay an extra 2 credits to have your song played next, but I noticed he wasn't using it. This particular brand of jukebox has an accompanying phone app. I didn't have it downloaded prior to last night. But

4.

Text - His heart gloriously sinks when "Bom Bom Bom by Sam and The Womp" comes on. No big deal, guys, his song must be next. Nope, it's "Wannabe by The Spice Girls". He sits down, dejected. I quickly purchase another $20 in credits, and request: "Baby by Justin Bieber" "Livin La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin" "Axel F by Crazy Frog" "Foil by Weird Al Yankovich". And fast track every one of them. Partway through Foil, I notice Jack sulking in his chair... so I purchase another $20 in credits, and proc

5.

Text - They're starting realize something is up, so Jack and a few staff who were on last night convene at the jukebox to try to figure it out. At this point the Cantina March is playing. They turn the jukebox off. Then back on again. "Doop doop doop doop". They turn it off. Then back on. "Doop doop doop doop..." each time picking up where it left off. I can't hold my laughter, and let out a muted chuckle. One of my coworkers catches on, and comes over with her phone in her hand with the app ope

6.

Text - I purchase another $10 worth of credits, and fast track "All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey" and "Mickey by Tony Basil" as one last "bite me" to Jack. I can only imagine the fallout I'm going to face Monday afternoon when I show up to work, but whatever. My $40 was no less valid than his, and no one customer gets to commandeer the tunes for the entire night and physically block anyone else from touching it. Side note: Yes, I did realize partway through my shenanigans that I could ha

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment