Monday, December 28, 2020

Times People Realized They Weren't Brainiacs


Sometimes you don't even need the world to humble you. Sometimes, you can just do the job yourself. These folks found themselves in the middle of various, hilarious, and occasionally relatable situations where they realized that they weren't near as smart as they'd made themselves out to be. A little ego death here and there can be good for everyone. 

1.

Text - -mammalman- • 20h 8 7 Awards Idk man. I feel like I'm two people arguing, one keeps insisting we're clever af, the other is begging us to realise thats bs before its too late. Reply 1 5.1k ...

2.

Text - Poempoem678·21h 8 5 Awards I tried getting out of the car with my seatbelt on yesterday. Reply 4 4.6k ...

3.

Text - atthwsm • 19h 8 2 Awards I often use a little bit of knowledge that I know to explain something to people I really don't understand because l'm good with people. One day a young kid at work basically said "I feel like you know just enough to talk about stuff but not enough to really know anything... no offense" and I was like god damn he's right Reply 1 968 ...

4.

Text - eelzelton • 20h 1 Award When I tried to put in my contacts shortly after chopping up jalapeƱos Reply 489 ...

5.

Text - charlie_chapped_lips · 21h 1 Award I have trouble opening doors that have "pull" written on them. Reply 2.0k ...

6.

Text - BobFX • 18h When a college prof told me I was a "good test taker." # Q Reply + 702 ...

7.

Text - Lord_of_the_turtles · 21h 1 Award I entered university. Half of the people there are smarter and/or had a better education, and the other half is equally smart as you. Really makes you realize how small your world was Reply 1 2.4k 3 ...

8.

Text - dlordjr · 21h 3 5 Awards Every time my wife is mad at me and I think of the "perfect comeback" I remember how brilliant I am.. And then I say it. Q Reply 1 2.2k ...

9.

Text - MarchKick • 19h 3 5 Awards I was listening to an audiobook and I thought "why is there no subtitles for audiobooks for deaf people?" ...that's just a book. Reply 1.3k ...

10.

Text - StarDuster99·21h 6 months after I started med school... Reply 816 ...

11.

Text - _hate_traveling • 22h 3 8 7 Awards First year of uni. I had it very easy in HS, I was one of the lucky bastards who could ace everything with minimal effort, scored in the 99th percentile in my country's equivalent of the SAT's, etc. And then that first year of engineering just took a big ol' shit on everything I thought about myself, lol. It was a pretty humbling experience. Reply 1 7.6k ... +

12.

Text - chem_nerd1442 • 21h Going from university to grad school. I did well in uni and was so confident. After first year in grad school, I know I am just average. There are people can remember lecture slides after reading over them. It's crazy Reply 374 3 ...

13.

Text - Vanilla_Neko • 22h Honestly used to basically be a poster child for the I am very smart sub. mostly because I was one of those kids who growing up was told I was apparently gifted so that gave me this God complex of thinking that I knew everything. it honestly took me till like the middle of middle school to really suddenly start realizing just how little I knew Reply 1 963 ...

14.

Text - sbb214 • 14h 2 1 Award I think the biggest gift I got about my own intelligence was learning that there are so many different ways to be smart. Some of the ways l'm not smart are more learnable than others, some l'll always be mediocre at, others I can slowly improve upon with work and dedication. Some don't really interest me at getting good at. Some l'll just never be good at no matter how hard I try. Reply 149 3 ... +

15.

Text - ToastedMaple· 20h When I was younger, admitting I didn't know something would give me anxiety (probably from how I was raised and would get screamed at). It took some years after meeting quite established people that even though they were smart af, they would always be able to say 'you know what? I didn't know that! Thanks for teaching me!'. It really opened my eyes on who is intelligent vs who just wants to look that way Reply 1 41 ...

16.

Text - ReverendAISharkton • 15h Back when I was a cook, I was making tortilla cups for salsa. To do this you use a little ramekin on a stick to submerge them in the deep fryer. I dropped the tool in, and a waitress said "Oh no! How are you going to get it out?" I sarcastically replied that I would use my hand, while getting a pair of tongs and beginning to fish it out. I dropped the tongs in as well, and immediately stuck my hand into boiling oil chasing after them. Somehow I wasn't burned (wet

17.

Text - LittleBoiFound · 20h In 7th grade when I argued with a smart kid that I was not 4'12". I was 5. It took me way too long to figure out why he was looking at me like that. Reply 1 95 ...

18.

Text - antoinettemargot · 14h When I realised Mt. Rushmore is not a naturally occurring mountain face... Reply 26 ...

19.

Text - Ara-Enzeru • 20h 3 1 Award Id say it was when I dropped an empty plastic colander, panicked because it was going to hit my foot, so I tried to quickly move my foot out of the way and ended up kicking the solid wood cabinets hard enough to split my toenail straight down the middle. The colander weighed maybe around 1/10 of a pound. It would not have hurt at all. Reply 1 2.5k 3 ...

20.

Text - jadesel03 · 20h I took all honors and advanced classes in high school. My average gpa equated to a B. Then I failed out of college twice. And l'm back for a third time where I just came to the realization that our solar system is IN the Milky Way Galaxy. Reply 766 ...

21.

Text - BobsYourDrunkl • 14h Learned I spelled "raspberry" wrong all my life. Why is there a "p" in the spelling and I can't even look at the fruit the same way. It's like it's a whole new food item to me and I can't stop thinking about it. Reply 22 3 ...

22.

Text - seth3511 • 14h I'm a software dev, and I thought I was fairly intelligent. I couldn't figure out how to disconnect a U-haul trailer from my truck the other day when dropping it off. E Q Reply ↑ 11 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment