Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Kid Infiltrates Walmart By Wearing Neon Vest


Anyone who has worked anywhere knows that you could walk into just about any business or institution carrying a ladder, holding a clipboard, wearing hard hat or hi vis jacket and not be questioned. It's not necessarily a good idea to impersonate staff, and it's probably some version of illegal. But as this kid attests, it can be done. For a while at least. For some rule bending, here are some loopholes people were able to exploit for years. For more Walmart junk, here are some of the weirdest things Walmart employees witnessed.

1.

Text - Posted by u/GreenKeel 16 hours ago 14 2 O 9 L@17 3 11 TIFU by getting a lifetime ban from Walmart. My friend and I are both in high school, and we've been hanging out a lot over winter break. Today we were especially bored, and I suggested going to Walmart to look around. After a little while, we got bored of that too. Then an idea hit us. In the back of my car, I have 2 neon yellow vests. They seemed to match the style of vest that the employees in the parking lot were wearing, so natura

2.

Text - At first we went unnoticed, and mostly just walked around the store. At one point, an older woman employee asked us if we would help her move some TVs on a cart for her. We agreed, and moved the TVs from the return section to the stocking shelves in the employee-only area in the back. As we walked in, the store's manager (I think) helped us stock the TVs, at which point he noticed he had never seen either of us. Thinking quickly, we introduced ourselves as new employees and shook his hand

3.

Text - About ten minutes later, we entered the stocking area once again. This time, a younger woman immediately recognized that she we don't work for Walmart. She told us we need to leave immediately, and walked us straight to the exit. As I was leaving the store, a security employee ran up behind me and said something along the lines of: "You think you're funny? We got your pictures right here. Next time you come back to this store, I'll have you arrested."

4.

Text - From there, I just got in my car and drove home. In a funny twist of events, my mom told me that I have an eye doctor's appointment at the Walmart Vision Center next week. I plan on faking illness to get out of it, so that she never finds out. TLDR : Friend and I put on yellow vests and posed as Walmart employees. We did free labor before receiving a lifetime ban from the store. I have an eye doctor's appointment at this Walmart next week, and my mom doesn't know about this.

5.

Text - wanamassamama02 23.4k points · 18 hours ago My cousin got arrested and prosecuted for shoplifting at Wal-Mart and then got hired at the very same location a few months later. GreenKeel 10.3k points · 15 hours ago Lmao that gives me hope

6.

Text - KitWalkerXXVII 5.0k points · 14 hours ago Ex-retail security guard here: 1. You were just goofing off, but my old store once got ripped off for tens of thousands of dollars in cell phones with a variation of that tactic. That would be why security was pissed. 2. I am 99.9% sure you're good. For starters, my co-workers had a helluva time picking out known shoplifters much less annoying teens. Additionally, the corporation I worked for had super strict rules on banning people or calling the

7.

Text - LostInTheSauce34 2.3k points · 15 hours ago Lmao Walmart loss prevention, they wont recognize you

8.

Text - swordsmanluke2 907 points · 13 hours ago Dress nice for your eye appointment. Maybe change the part in your hair and be on your best behavior. Ensure your mother is with you. The WM loss prevention folks will never notice you. Hell, they didn't notice that two strangers wearing yellow vests were running around stocking shelves. By next week they will have forgotten you as long as you give them no reason to pay attention to you. BeeEyeEngiOh 583 points · 12 hours ago 32 8 O Live life on th

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment